New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to swap a game on a Bally Alpha  (Read 7920 times)

Offline cobra617

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cobra617 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
How to swap a game on a Bally Alpha
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:18:10 AM »
Hi all,
I have a Bally Alpha (Lucky Luigi's Pizzeria), that is getting a little long in the tooth. I've seen Alpha kits on sale on eBay from time to time.
My question is: what do I need to verify before I buy a kit? My Alpha is a single LCD screen with a 512 CPU.

I'd like my kids to be more involved and they absolutely do not like Luigi. I recently bought a Super Jackpot Party (WMS) and they love that game. They really like the bonus features on Super Jackpot Party. On Luigi, the bonus game is very infrequent whereas on Super Jackpot the bonus game comes around very frequently.
Also, are there any suggestions for Alpha games I should consider?

Thanks.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: How to swap a game on a Bally Alpha
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »
There is a game called Pop it for the Alpha 1 video that is pretty cool for kids, the bonus involves popping groups of baloons and you try to clear the whole screen, but you must have at least 2 baloons of the same color together to pop them.  It is kind of a skill based bonus round.

Ms. Clara T and Hatch the Cash are about the only other engaging type of games that are not just free spins like most of these games are nowadays.  Bally video was not all that in my opinion, until alpha 2 came around.  There are really only a handfull of alpha 1 titles that would captivate a millennial.

For the WMS platform there are a lot of the older games that have that pick 'em bonus rounds, some of them are very engaging.  Here are a few off the top of my head.

Pick your Fortune
Rich Little Piggies
Winning Bid Classic
Fairy's Fortune
Money to Burn
Jackpot Party Classic
Lucky Lemmings
Ring Quest
Reel 'em in Classic

There are a couple of others I am sure to be forgetting, but those listed should be fun for younger kids.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »
There is a game called Pop it for the Alpha 1 video that is pretty cool for kids, the bonus involves popping groups of baloons and you try to clear the whole screen, but you must have at least 2 baloons of the same color together to pop them.  It is kind of a skill based bonus round.

Ms. Clara T and Hatch the Cash are about the only other engaging type of games that are not just free spins like most of these games are nowadays.  Bally video was not all that in my opinion, until alpha 2 came around.  There are really only a handfull of alpha 1 titles that would captivate a millennial.

For the WMS platform there are a lot of the older games that have that pick 'em bonus rounds, some of them are very engaging.  Here are a few off the top of my head.

Pick your Fortune
Rich Little Piggies
Winning Bid Classic
Fairy's Fortune
Money to Burn
Jackpot Party Classic
Lucky Lemmings
Ring Quest
Reel 'em in Classic

There are a couple of others I am sure to be forgetting, but those listed should be fun for younger kids.

Thanks again Rick. Do I need to do anything special to swap a game (other than clear and setup)? Meaning, if I find a kit, is the assumption that it will work?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 03:01:10 PM »
If you are running Lucky Luigi's, then Pop it will work.  Other than a clear and setup, there's nothing else to do.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 06:04:46 AM »
If you are running Lucky Luigi's, then Pop it will work.  Other than a clear and setup, there's nothing else to do.

Thanks again Rick. I just want to verify. I found a Poppit sw. But the game card shows S9Poppit. It seems to denote that this is for an S9000. My cabinet is an Alpha Elite (touchscreen only with a 19" Monitor). I checked out a few videos on Youtube and I've seen that there are some versions of this game that are for the S9000 Reels. (I see Reels and then the bonus being played on the top monitor).
Is the software the same? Meaning it will know which version to display (the Reel version or the display only)

UPDATE: Actually, the seller just responded. If it starts with AS it is for Reels. AV is for Video. And just my luck, this one starts with AS. Oh well.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:29:15 AM by cobra617 »

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
I was thinking about this and thought to ask...

Is the game completely contained on the computer board?

What I mean is, what if I don't feel like doing a clear to swap a game each time? Can I buy another computer and have 1 computer as 1 game and 1 as the other? I am thinking that I can swap a computer (power, sound, video and serial cables) a LOT faster than a clear and setup. I thought that I saw Alpha computers pop up here and there for a reasonable amount [/size](512.....1Ghz are pricey) If so, do you know if Bally makes a generic top glass? I've seen a generic WMS and wonder if Bally had the same thing.
[/size]
[/size]Thanks.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 11:22:34 AM »
No, when you first setup a game, the mpu and backplane are linked together with information.  If you replace the mpu with another one and do not clear, it will tilt out at boot.  All gaming machines are done this way to avoid some nefarious guy coming in with an mpu full of credits and trying to cash out.  The only way to do what you ask for is to have a set of backplane and MPU and change them out at the same time.  At that point, it is just easier to clear and setup a new game.  In Gameking cabinets, it is easier to do.  You only need to buy the eeprom ic where the information is stored on the backplane and swap mpu and eeprom.  There's a hack for the 3902 platform where you mod the mpu to trick the machine into writing the eeprom information into an eeprom ic you solder into the mpu board, but I don't believe this works with the 044 platform.  In the gameking software, it is well worth doing the swap as some gameking configurations can get quite involved if you want to enable every single game in the board.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »

UPDATE: Actually, the seller just responded. If it starts with AS it is for Reels. AV is for Video. And just my luck, this one starts with AS. Oh well.

Thanks.

Here is a poppit video version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Alpha-AVGPOPT01000-00-Poppit-with-OS-/181920652156?

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Alpha-AVGPOPT01000-00-Poppit-with-OS-/181920652156?

Yup, I snagged that one (actually an earlier one from that seller, he reposted another one). Now I will see if I get annoyed enough playing Poppit with a Lucky Luigis Top and Belly glass to go searching for new glass.

Thanks again for all of your help Rick.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:26:49 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »

Thanks Rick. I just installed Poppit (bought the one off of eBay). It is much more fun than Lucky Luigi's. Now to find the glass.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal