New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Sound options for Double Diamond Deluxe  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
S2000 Sound options for Double Diamond Deluxe
« on: September 14, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
Earlier this year,  not knowing about this site and having no previous knowledge of slot machines and their inner workings,  I purchased an IGT S2000 machine from a dealer out west.

Since then, I've bought and sold other machines that needed repairs, programming, parts etc. and am having a great time with this new found hobby. I think I'm up to about 12 personal machines that I've restored and decided to keep. Not all IGT's, I've got WMS and Bally's too.

Anyway, since the Double Diamond Deluxe machine played fine and was complete, I never opened it to see what was inside. I just assumed it was well built with quality components, yeah right.

Side note, the horrible company I purchased it from has zero quality control standards. The buttons didn't match the coins played on the glass, the top award glass itself was a horrible cheap Chinese knockoff that was blurry and crooked among other things. And these people are impossible to deal with. They're basically liars and crooks and don't care one bit about anyone once they get their money.

On to the point of my post...sorry.

What's installed in my game is a 502 Rev. A board with no MML  Sound board. The sounds are generic and boring. But they do work.

What would I need to do to add a MultiMedia Light Sound Board and Simm setup to this game?

Would you recommend that I upgrade to a 504 Board first and then add the MML and Simm?

What Simms work well with a 2CM Double Diamond Deluxe that would include the Nudge Sounds and other fun noises? I want it to be more exciting than just a 1 speaker boring sounding game.

How hard is it to set up the enhanced sound once the new components are installed? Never had to mess with sound options when programming.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and Thanks in advance for the inputs.
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Sound options for Double Diamond Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »
Yes I would get a 504B board and mml2 board.  For simm DSV00042 or 17.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 10:00:32 PM »
To add to mark's post.  Once you add the MML board with the simm, if the game does not automatically make use of it, you can go into the setup menu and select enhanced sounds.  You should also make sure you are using the native Base chip for this game and not the SB10000 and SS reel chip combo that some dealers use at times.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 05:09:17 AM »
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate the help.

I've got the correct Base Chip, SB100088, installed and the Stepper Game Chips are also correct. They may not be OEM, (P-Touch labels on chips) but they do work.

Once I decide to get inside of it again, I'll start looking for the parts I need to upgrade it.

I'll have to double check to make sure I've got the correct amp and wiring or additional cards to use all 3 speakers. Where would I start to look for those components? Guessing top box?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 05:38:39 PM »
Do you have ears on your machine?  If you do, it is likely that you have the amp up there, and yes the AMP is in the top box.  Google S2000 amp so you can see what the board looks like, it is always mounted on an aluminum backing with a round "lip"
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
Looks like I've got all of the required equipment for some better sound.
Have the the speakers (ears) and the lower speaker behind the coin tray, plus I found the amp and all the necessary wiring.
I'll get a MML Board and Simm and go from there.
Thanks for the input.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 04:40:51 PM »
Looks like I've got all of the required equipment for some better sound.
Have the the speakers (ears) and the lower speaker behind the coin tray, plus I found the amp and all the necessary wiring.
I'll get a MML Board and Simm and go from there.
Thanks for the input.

PM sent.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »
I see what everyone means by the horrible hissing sounds when adding a MML Board to an older MPU.
That was terrible, but it worked at least.
I'll upgrade the MPU eventually.  For now the mono sound is sufficient.
Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Offline Simple Sam

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Simple Sam New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
For my Double Lucky 7's, I have the Munsters sound card.  I also have a sound card from Crystal 7's (if I recall correctly) which is nicer than the generic 042 but not as fun as the Munsters.  I went on youtube and searched out possible sound cards.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:32:40 PM by Simple Sam »

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
I'd like to find some different Simms for my game once I decide to upgrade the board.
I've heard that a few are compatible with DDD and really make the game come alive.
Thanks for the inputs!

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »
For Double Diamond Deluxe, I have found that a "Mummy" simm is the best!  Supports reel nudge sounds, totally awesome.  Tried many different ones in that game, and that is my favorite.

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 01:52:49 PM »
Do you happen to know the Simm number? I'll start looking.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »
PM sent

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
Put in SIMM0019, Mummy, and was not disappointed!

Sounds great in my game. Thanks for the good advice!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal