New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5500(?) Can't Clear Jackpot  (Read 3431 times)

Offline dougp62

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dougp62 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 5500(?) Can't Clear Jackpot
« on: March 16, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »
I recently purchased what I believe to be a Bally 5500 machine. Last night I hit a 1200 jackpot which was really exciting, but I couldn't get the bell and the music to stop. I've looked through the manual several times and googled it, to no avail, I read many posts about a jackpot reset key on the right side of the machine, but mine has no such option as there is no key slot. I'm really at a loss, Can anyone help?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally 5500(?) Can't Clear Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »
Can you post a pic of inside of the cabinet to the right hand side of the reels? Try to see if the wires are in there somewhere. A White wire and a White wire with a Green stripe goes to the jackpot reset switch.

Offline dougp62

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:01:36 PM »
Ok, we may be on to something here. I don't see anything near the right side of the reels, but I opened the upper cabinet and I see two wires with push on female connectors coming under through a wiring access hole. One of the wires  is white with a green stripe, the other is white with a yellow stripe. Just below the partition that separates the upper cabinet I see a punched hole in the cabinet frame that is clearly meant to accommodate a key housing. But the outer cabinet has not been drilled out for it. Could these be the wires that would connect to the reset key switch?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:06:49 PM »
Yes that is it.

Offline dougp62

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »
That's great! So now what I need to do is get my hands on a reset switch, correct?

In the mean time, if I happen to hit another jackpot, do I just need to touch the two contacts together to emulate turning the key switch?

One more question- this machine came out of the Trump Taj Mahal according to the stickers on it. How would it have been reset while it was there if there is no key reset on the cabinet?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »
Somebody probably re-finished the cabinet and didn't drill the hole for the jackpot reset keylock.  Is the outer shell formica?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
The reset keyswitch looks like this one pictured below, they are available from several different places such as ebay, slot vendors on the NLG homepage, etc.

Here are a couple of places to get the reset switch and other slot machine parts. Sometimes they show an item out of stock but if you contact them they will have it or can get it soon. And there are several slot machine vendors listed on the NLG homepage.

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=56&product_id=773

http://www.spininc.com/02562-0

I also brightened your photos a bit so I could see them better.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:39:19 PM »
It's going to be a while before you hit the jackpot and need to reset it, but yes , short the wires together momentarily for a reset.

Offline dougp62

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »
Yes, the outer shell is Formica.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
Yeah, refinished.  Just get the jackpot reset lock and drill the hole and you should be good to go for he next jackpot.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline dougp62

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 07:39:12 PM »
I got the key reset switch today. I installed it and it works like a charm. Thanks for the information!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal