New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29836 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2018, 01:54:30 AM »
The door optics have 2 screws on the bracket for adjustment. Cabinet side up and down. Door side in and out. Way back I said the take a picture of optics with your phone. The light is faster than your eye, but camera will get it.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coral Reef failing 13_0 test for door optics
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2018, 07:13:28 AM »
I even hate to go here, but it has to checked out before we suggest all the items that could cause the door optics from working!!  Since this machine worked once before and moving it around is the only variable,   perhaps the cash can door switch is still attached and has not been by passed??  this certainly would cause the door optics not to work. 

check out the cash can switch, make sure it is by passed.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »

Good thought Jim. I have been positive of door not being closed from the beginning. Cash can totally slipped my mind. Also belly door switch.

This will show door optic test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpZjM2dVPGs

the rockin elvis

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
Thanks guys! Spent the day at the storage unit auctions, just getting around to this slot machine... I read your guys' comments and have a few questions:

1) The cash can... what is that? Also, by bypassing it am I bypassing the BV? I want to make sure the BV works once we finally gett the machine working!

2) RockinElvis mentioned something about a belly door switch, not sure what that is either? I actually looked and I couldn't see any switch or sensor for the belly door!

Fixed tiny font issue.  -knagl
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:30:14 PM by knagl »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
Bypassing cash can switch will not disable anything except an open door error.
Don't think any s+'s have a belly door switch.
Here's a pic of the cash can door switch, this one has been bypassed.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Don't think any s+'s have a belly door switch.

Some of the later run of S+ machines did, plus slant top S+ machines do, too.  Not many uprights do, but it is possible.

I'm merging this topic back into the earlier thread of the machine not accepting coins -- this is all related, and creating a new topic is only going to cause people to rehash things that have already been tried.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
Some of the later run of S+ machines did, plus slant top S+ machines do, too.  Not many uprights do, but it is possible.
OK, good to know.  I have around 10 s+ machines here and none have/had any belly door wires or even a place to mount a switch.

• NLG
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2018, 02:18:04 PM »
I'm assuming the cash can switch is bypassed because I don't even have one! I took a photo of the optics, not sure if I did it right?

Also, the back rigth long black connector on the motherboard is giving me some trouble, the green wire seems like it's in there nice and tight, but I'm unable to pull the whole connector off right now, it doesn't seem to want to come up. It's also hard to see what I'm working with, but it looks like it's just a little tab that needs to be pushed in and then you should be able to pull it right up?

https://imgur.com/a/FPnKa0I
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:48:13 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
If you have a bv and don't have a cash can in it, then that's the problem. We need to know what bv you have. Dvb200, wba, if not sure post picture.

the rockin elvis

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »
Pull the cash box out and look for wires in that cage somewhere. 

If that black connector on motherboard is snug, it's probably OK.(leave it for later)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »
Sorry I misread. Didn't see attached pictures

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2018, 11:54:21 PM »
Very interesting... Strange that a cash can would require optics instead of something else!

https://imgur.com/a/ap3W8Ee

The wires look plugged in. I ran my finger through the optic line and every time I do that the bill validator turns it's gears a few seconds after.

I'm hoping this is good news, but I have no idea what this means and also:

1) If the machine worked before like this, but it isn't working now, why would bypassing these sensors be a fix?
2) If what I need to do is unplug those wires, how in God's name do I do it?! They are tiny it and due to their location it seems like I would need to remove some stuff to get there, but I don't see a easy way to do that?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:01:44 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2018, 04:50:53 AM »
Those are for the cash can. The wires you are looking for are green. Reach behind the validator and see if they are tied up. Very important they are connected to each other and not grounding to the frame. Most of us cut them at the front of the machine. I have seen a few where they were stuffed between the frame and BV

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
Not exactly sure where behind the bill validator I should look for the wires, here are some pics I was able to take.

https://imgur.com/a/aKOf9WK
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:11:56 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2018, 02:22:07 PM »
1st pic are the cash can door wires tied together bypassing the door switch.

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
Hmm, so that answers that question... so are we back to door optics again?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
I guess we need to check for that rare belly door switch.  Open belly door and look around for a switch, or two wires tied together.

Did you try the camera test that Elvis suggested?  Looks like maybe the door is a tad lower than the cabinet optics?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2018, 03:31:42 PM »
I just saw this on YouTube on testing the S+ optics. Have you run this test.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VA6pE_P8M
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
I just saw this on YouTube on testing the S+ optics. Have you run this test.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u8VA6pE_P8M

Yes he got solid 1, Failed: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LPpLukuQwDBwe8xt8

• NLG
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2018, 04:12:35 PM »
I guess we need to check for that rare belly door switch.  Open belly door and look around for a switch, or two wires tied together.

Did you try the camera test that Elvis suggested?  Looks like maybe the door is a tad lower than the cabinet optics?

No belly door switch unless it's hidden! I did take pictures but it was kind of hard to get a good camera angle, not exactly sure what kind of pictures need to get taken for that test (I'm guessing as straight-on as possible). The pics are posted a few posts above this one.

My gut feeling is that since the door optics test failed, the door optics must be not working or they're out of calibration or something like that...

Is there a checklist or troubleshooting guide on how to address a 13_0 test fail? I also find it very difficult to see if the optics are lining up, the paper/draw-a-line test doesn't seem exact (does anyone know how perfectly calibrated the optics have to be?)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal