New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins  (Read 29841 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Plus Coral Reef not taking coins
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2018, 03:55:50 AM »
Can you post a couple pictures? One of a side view with your door closed and latched, then one from the front, but mostly of the top half of the door to see how it’s lining up with the cabinet.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »
A few years ago we had someone here that got tired of fighting their door optic alignment problem so much that they moved both of the optic parts to the reel shelf, with the optic parts facing each other so they were always in alignment. This told the machine that the door was closed. Then when they wanted to tell the machine the door was open (so they could enter the TEST & Setup menus) they simply put a small card in-between the optic parts to block the infrared optic light, which told the machine the door was open. Not saying this is what you should do, but it shows a clever solution to their problem. I think their machine had a door that was sagging or warped.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sgolembiewski0903

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • sgolembiewski0903 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »
loosen the screws just enough to slide the optic. Move it a hair, wait, repeat. Trying to hold by hand is pretty hard. If bumping the machine knocks it out of alignment then there are other issues. How much does your door move when it is open? Are you having to lift up on the door to close it?  Maybe bad hinge or just needs to be tightened.

I am having to lift it up to close it, yes.

I'll get some pics soon to put on here!

• NLG
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2018, 07:03:42 PM »
Okay, got the new optics in, still the same issue... Here are some pics I can provide.  The last pic is what it looks like when the machine is actually toggling 010101 like it's supposed to, the sensors are definitely not lined up at this point but that's when it triggers the 01010101.  The pic before the last pic is what it looks in (actual photo).  First pic is how it sits naturally.

https://imgur.com/a/KUzilaB
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:48:40 PM by rokgpsman »

• NLG
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »
A few years ago we had someone here that got tired of fighting their door optic alignment problem so much that they moved both of the optic parts to the reel shelf, with the optic parts facing each other so they were always in alignment. This told the machine that the door was closed. Then when they wanted to tell the machine the door was open (so they could enter the TEST & Setup menus) they simply put a small card in-between the optic parts to block the infrared optic light, which told the machine the door was open. Not saying this is what you should do, but it shows a clever solution to their problem. I think their machine had a door that was sagging or warped.

I notice that in the pic the sensors are facing each other pretty much dead-on. Here is a picture of how my sensors are working for me.
Dead on = 1
Sensor above or below other sensor = 0
sensor PERFECTLY (hairline) in the right spot above or below the other sensor = toggle 1010101

https://imgur.com/a/MjI4sNu
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:27:15 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
Keeps getting stranger.  You should never get a 13-1.  You should get 13-0 when not lined up, or 13-(toggle 0-1) when lined up.

• NLG
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2018, 07:42:03 PM »
Keeps getting stranger.  You should never get a 13-1.  You should get 13-0 when not lined up, or 13-(toggle 0-1) when lined up.

Hmm.. could it be something to do with the fact that I used the clear chip? Perhaps a setting needs to be addressed?

OR could it possibly be a power issue? Perhaps I need to meter the connectors?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
Just ran test 13 on four machines and could not get a 13-1 on any of them.  Even unplugged the coin optics on one so I could start test with a code 21, same thing 13-0 until door closed, then 13-toggle 0-1 with door closed/latch down.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »
Does his machine possibly have the door optics parts installed reversed? Emitter where the receiver should be? The connectors on both optic parts are the same, so it is possible to get them installed wrong.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2018, 10:20:20 PM »
Does his machine possibly have the door optics parts installed reversed? Emitter where the receiver should be? The connectors on both optic parts are the same, so it is possible to get them installed wrong.
If they were installed backwards or each in the wrong location you wouldn’t get any response from the optics.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2018, 10:39:25 PM »
What about a wrong SP chip for the version of mpu board? (16mhz SP chip installed on a 10mhz mpu, or vice-versa). Would that cause crazy door optic operation?

I'm thinking of oddball things, it seems like all of the logical and usual causes have already been looked at.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2018, 08:08:42 AM »
yes we looked at all the obvious problems with the optics, HOWEVER,  there can many other reasons that the optics won't work,  wiring issues (could be resolved by voltage and continuity tests) and finally the board itself. (if we knew for sure the board was good, or no bent pins somewhere, or some connector not seated properly) 

first step I would do would be to verify the voltages are present, using the machine connector as the measuring point.  all that information is in the download section, in the repair book for the S+,  it is labeled as the "constant door open state"  page  14.   

P.S.   looking at your posted pictures,  picture z3,  the optics could never work like that, they aren't close to being aligned. 

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• NLG
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »
yes we looked at all the obvious problems with the optics, HOWEVER,  there can many other reasons that the optics won't work,  wiring issues (could be resolved by voltage and continuity tests) and finally the board itself. (if we knew for sure the board was good, or no bent pins somewhere, or some connector not seated properly) 

first step I would do would be to verify the voltages are present, using the machine connector as the measuring point.  all that information is in the download section, in the repair book for the S+,  it is labeled as the "constant door open state"  page  14.   

P.S.   looking at your posted pictures,  picture z3,  the optics could never work like that, they aren't close to being aligned. 

Jim

Where can I find the download section?

Also, I double checked and the optics are installed on the correct sides.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2018, 01:07:38 PM »
It’s located on the very top of every page in the blue print. Here a link.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
It’s located on the very top of every page in the blue print. Here a link.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads

Hmm, it says I am not allowed to view downloads. Do I need to ask a moderator for permission?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
It’s open to contributing members of NLG. For a small donation to the sight it opens up to you. Well worth the money. There is a link at the bottom of each page for that too.
And remember...

• NLG
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2018, 01:34:24 PM »
Sounds good I was planning on doing that anyways, nowsn a better time than any I reckon!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2018, 04:36:44 PM »
If case you haven't already seen it, there is also a lot of good information in the How-To Guides and other "Sticky Notes" found at the top of the S+ forum area:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0

Also, on the NLG homepage in the panel on the right-side of the screen is "Rick's FAQ" area with links to many useful S+ posts:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/

And the old NLG website is still archived and available for reading. The S+ model has been out long enough that the discussions and information on the old site is still valuable to S+ owners:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/

===========================================================================================
.....Hmm, it says I am not allowed to view downloads. Do I need to ask a moderator for permission?

Nearly all of the NLG website is free for everyone to use. But for access to the downloads area and for posting items for sale in the Classified Ads area NLG members are asked to become "contributing" members instead of regular members. These contributions help to pay for the website costs to keep NLG online. All of the folks that help with questions and hours of problem-solving volunteer their time, no one is paid. So all contributions go to keeping NLG running. You don't have to become a contributing member to get help, there is no distinction in that between regular members and contributing members, everyone gets helped the best that we can. In addition to access to the download area and the Classified Ads area a contributing member gets unlimited storage of private messages on the NLG site. Regular members are allowed 10 pm's to be stored, then they have to delete some in order to receive more.

Here is information about user levels on NLG. There is an icon "badge" under your username on the left side of each of your postings that indicates your user level.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=45.msg308#msg308
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:13:53 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »
.....first step I would do would be to verify the voltages are present, using the machine connector as the measuring point.  all that information is in the download section, in the repair book for the S+,  it is labeled as the "constant door open state"  page  14.   

I think this is the troubleshooting page Jim referred to:

• NLG
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2018, 01:16:38 PM »
It seems as if all the options that I am able to perform myself have been done... might have to call in a service? I don't have the parts on hand to start doing things like switching boards, and I have zero knowledge of how to read these types of diagrams! It kind of seems like we've tried all "first aid" items and now it's time to call in the doctor - to be analagous.

Fixed tiny font issue. -knagl
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:28:05 PM by knagl »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal