New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Solved! Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
haha...okay...just disconnect the little 2-pin harness from the BV for now...

Post a picture of the damage to that lil board... :Take_a_Photo: as large as you can post....1000 pixels on one side at the most. 

I'd like to be able to zoom in on it.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »
I checked the resisters and R2 is internally shorted and I believe this is the problem!!!  So I will either get another resister or different board.

I will send you a board or two. Just pay for shipping.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2020, 06:47:11 AM »
Stayouttadabunker - I must have hit a picture upload limit or something due to forum giving me an error of exceeding limits.  However, I have included a link to my google pix account and you will be able to see full resolution pics there.  I have an arrow pointing to the resister in question.  Using my meter this particular resister doesn't offer any resistance so I think that would be a dead short.  Thanks again for all your help!  Hopefully we didnt set any records for the longest running issue on nlg lol.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/P6ofPocee3sGTtK
RB - Thanks for your continued generosity but another member beat you too it. This is a great group of people!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:57:17 AM by shortrackskater »

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
Hmm....the link doesn't work?

oh well...glad members are sending you stuff.

We like helping each other out whenever possible.

This is NLG!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »
are you using LEDS in the BV lamp board?   you have to pay attention to the type socket you are using,  If the LEDS have wrap around leads then the  LEDS will short out the components. two different type of sockets, one for incandescent bulb and one for LEDS, or to use one for the other you have to modify the wrap around lead.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2020, 09:25:48 AM »

Sorry Stayouttadabunker.  It may not work unless you have a google pix/photo account.  Try this one or I can email them.  Pm me your email.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qVPrhKf5KVvruNvv7
Thanks Jim.  The sockets and bulbs are for the incandescent but appreciate the thought.  I forgot about that!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »
Your BV light circuit board photo is only 654 pixels in length....small enough to go on here.

I'll bet you're not a paying member that's why you are being limited....donate a few bucks to help pay for hosting costs and you'll be able to post all you want and have more space for messages.

Anyway, why do you have a red arrow pointing at that [R2] resistor?

Click on photo to enlarge if needed...it doesn't get much bigger really...>>>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:25:14 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
Correct though I may have too with all the help i get!!
The red arrow is pointing to the resister in question.  I used a multi meter to check resistance of the resisters and the one in the R2 position is open meaning is a short rather than a resistance.  So I  believe this to be the issue.
Thanks for posting the pic.  =)

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2020, 10:06:54 AM »
I think you have to un-solder one leg in order to get it out of circuit to get a true reading no?

What are the ring colors of it?

The color saturation setting of your camera is mixing me up on the colors.

By the way, your machine still hasn't errored out yet? No more coin-in error? Been playing it?  :scratch-head_3: :scratch-head_2:

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed....>>>

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
Oh nice thanks for the chart!  That's handy.

Its really hard to tell the colors but I believe Orange, Orange, Gold, Gold.
You are probably right especially if you are wanting to measure to see if its in tolerance.  I am still learning this stuff.  lol.  I am more proficient with 1935 Mills slot but getting better with newer stuff.

I can always clip a leg or desolder one on this board to verify.  May try that this afternoon.

Offline Ash100

• Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2020, 04:52:44 PM »
Looks like I'm late to this party, but that's some great troubleshooting and the advice of these members here is priceless!

If that indeed does solve your problem, please let us know.

We've all had to chase a few ghosts and gremlins before, so any solid fix posted in these forums can save someone a lot of time and head scratching.

And welcome to NLG.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
Ok, received some replacement light boards which is very appreciated!  However, those too cause the coin-in error.  The boards can be hooked up but as soon as a bulb is installed it'll error.  So, I am installing #74 incandescent bulbs and have double checked the wires coming from the bulb are not out of place causing a short on the socket.

Is #74 bulbs correct for this bv light board?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »
When using LEDs you need to bend the wires to one side. They can't go across the bulbs to both sides
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply therockinelvis.  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  I believe these #74's are incandescent bulbs.  The wires coming off the bulb are opposing so one wire lead goes up one side of the spade and one wire lead goes up the other side on opposite sides of the bulb.  This is on the long side of the spade of the bulb and not up the skinny side of the spade. 

Just checking to see if #74 bulbs will work for this application.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
73 is the correct bulb
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »
Is #74 bulbs correct for this bv light board?

I’ve used #74s in my light boards for a few months now with no problems.

Here is a quote from RB in the bulb replacement thread:

74 is fine. It's the 12v equivalent used in automotive applications.

And here is the full bulb replacement thread:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4776.0
-Robert

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2020, 01:57:37 PM »
The #73 bulb is 1.12W and the #74 is 1.4W. Minor difference.

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2020, 02:19:58 PM »
Thanks fellas.  I'm going to start checking the voltage and possibly the amperage on my machine.  Something isn't right.

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2020, 06:27:12 PM »
So after a whole lot of replacing parts and trying to figure this out, I lastly replaced the board for the lights of the bv.  I initially put the #74 incandescent bulbs in.  One bulb in would work fine but dropped the voltage in the circuit to about 8.5 volts.  Put the second light in and it would error out every time.

I finally decided this was a voltage issue and had hoped using led bulbs would draw a minimal amount of voltage to not trip an error so I installed some LEDs I bought off Amazon, and it worked.  After installing the LEDs, the slot has been flawless being on for nearly 3 weeks straight running it through various scenarios of bills in, coin in, voucher in, and using credits already in to play without issue.  So using LEDs seems to have solved this issue though I'm not convinced this is the correct solution.  But it works!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2020, 10:05:36 AM »
I found out an amazing little tidbit with these lamps.
The difference for example between a #74 and a #73 incandescent wedge lamps is very little in amperge draw but more in wattage output...but definitely different brightness and especially lifetimes!!

Check out the difference between these two lamps!.....>>>

#74 Miniature Bulb Glass Wedge Base - 14.0 Volt 0.10 Amp 1.4 Watt T-1-3/4 Sub-Miniature Glass Wedge Base, C-2F Filament Design 0.70 MSCP. 0.80" (20.32mm) Maximum Overall Length, 0.2188" (5.5mm) Maximum Outer Diameter. 0.40" (10.16mm) Light Center Length (LCL). 500 Average Rated Hours.

#73 Miniature Bulb Glass Wedge Base -  14.0 Volt 0.08 Amp 1.12 Watt T-1-3/4 Sub-Miniature Glass Wedge Base, C-2F Filament Design 0.30 MSCP. 0.80" (20.32mm) Maximum Overall Length, 0.2188" (5.5mm) Maximum Outer Diameter. 0.40" (10.16mm) Light Center Length (LCL). 15,000  Average Rated Hours.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal