New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally slot code 88ff will not let me clear  (Read 4991 times)

Offline Bopperlynn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Bopperlynn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally slot code 88ff will not let me clear
« on: June 13, 2023, 04:17:24 PM »
I have a Bally 6000 $5 slot machine. You guys help me get it up and running in May 2022. The machine has been running perfectly until I got a code 88FF. I tested the 3.6 V lithium battery and it only registered 1.4 volts so I installed a new one. So I understand that once you change your battery you have to do a clear. This machine does absolutely nothing when I go to clear it. This is what I’ve done I installed a new battery and changed dip switch 1 number eight to the only position. I held them both the test and the pseudo coin buttons and nothing appears in the win paid window. This machine has leave in clear chips. I have not removed nor installed anything other than the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally slot code 88ff will not let me clear
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2023, 06:35:31 PM »
See if the battery voltage is reaching the 2 RAM chips it powers.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 07:28:30 PM »
I definitely do not even know what the 2 RAM chips are nor how to properly check them. Any guidance you may can offer, I’ll try to follow and attempt to check to see if they are getting voltage. What do they look like, how do I test them and what should the voltage be? I’m sorry for not knowing but am definitely willing to follow directions. Thanks in advance for your willingness to help. Awaiting your response.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 08:36:42 PM »
Googled and tried placing black lead on bottom left of one RAM and red lead on top right of the other RAM. The voltage reading was 3.27. The ones outlined in blue is what I tested.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 09:14:22 PM »
RAM voltage is ok.
The next suspect would be a weak power supply, the one inside the metal box mounted on the back wall behind the hopper.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 06:44:20 PM »
I have taken off the power supply box and I do not know what to do from here. Anyway, you can walk me through it so I can test it properly?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 08:04:18 PM »
see attached, get a meter and measure the test points as shown in the attached document after powering up the power supply by turning on the game power switch.
You can remove the hopper for easier access to the power supply test points.
Check +5VDC, +12VDC, -12VDC and let me know what your readings are.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 08:42:30 PM »
I think I understand but need to make sure.I’m going to unplug that left wiring harness, turn the game switch ON then test those specific pins/ports (8,9,10,&11) to see the vdc readings. Am I to unplug the other two wiring harness from the power supply box or leave them plugged in for the test?

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 09:14:03 PM »
Ok ….#8 read 5.099, #9 read 5.099, #10 read 11.83, and # 11 read -11.95

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 06:08:22 AM »
those are fine.
Last chance before you send the board to my shop.
Remove both RAM chips and swap their locations on the board.
Careful when removing the chips.
Make sure they are pulled straight out so you don't bend a pin.
Use a small flat blade screwdriver, slip the blade under the chip, rotate the screwdriver tip as you slide it under the chip.
Then do another clear.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023, 07:25:20 AM »
I usually use separate clear chips, but did you try putting the j12 humper in place to clear?  see attachment

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 08:31:28 AM »
I carefully removed and swapped the RAM chips. Then I carefully seated them fully. I turned DS1 number eight to the on position held down the test and pseudo coin buttons to reset and still got nothing. Then I turned the DS1 number eight to the off position and then turned the machine on and still have the error 88FF… ERR . Also attached pictures of my JW12
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:15:00 AM by Bopperlynn »

Offline a69mopar

• a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 10:04:46 AM »
can you post a picture of the wide connectors at the back of your board? the small picture looks like one is broken, but could be black marker
 did you check those connectors for bent pins?

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 10:58:41 AM »
Photo of both wide connectors. Then two photos of the left connector

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 11:02:23 AM »
Photos of the right wide connector. It does look like on the middle row of pins, the 6th tooth from the left, looks burnt compared to the other teeth.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 11:04:40 AM »
No bent pins as far as I can see

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 11:57:33 AM »
After doing a clear with switch #8 you need to turn game power off and turn switch #8 off and wait for the reels to do their bump seek.
When the game is ready you will see something besides 88FF on the display.

See attached.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2023, 12:04:16 PM »
Yes sir…however since the 88ff code appeared the wheels never do their dance and turn. I hear the intro announcement then the BV gets itself ready. The left wheel bumps slightly as if it’s trying to do its dance but that’s it. Nothing from there except the error code! Like it just doesn’t finish the start up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:20:50 PM by Bopperlynn »

Offline a69mopar

• NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 12:29:04 PM »
It would show the type of clear during the clear process.  If you haven't messed with the u28 and u43, and only done as posted,  then I suspect your  board has become defective.

Offline Bopperlynn

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 01:22:26 PM »
I have not messed with anything other than the items in this particular post where you guys have been helping me troubleshoot it. Like I said, it has worked fine for months then the battery died or was reading 1.4 so I went and bought a new battery and put it in. It was only after I put in the new 3.6 V battery and went to reset/clear was when I discovered the machine does nothing.. It will not let me do any of the three options as far as resetting or clearing. Since the battery died , it has been showing error code 88ff like I said when I open the door and turn it on I get code 88 FF. But if I change DS1 number eight to the on position and attempt to reset/clear at holding down the test and the pseudo coin buttons that is when I get nothing in the win paid window. No matter how I do it. The only thing that happens is the intro plays that says welcome to…..then the left reel bumps/jumps just enough to notice it, then the bill validator processes itself, and I get a green light and that is all the system does. Nothing from there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:50:06 PM by Bopperlynn »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal