New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: GameKing 5.1 Keychip  (Read 6147 times)

Offline deuce23

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deuce23 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
GameKing 5.1 Keychip
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:23 PM »
It's been a while since I've had time to play with my machines.  I got a message that the main battery was low so I unsoldered the old battery and put in a holder for easy change next time.  I have G0002821 with M000792.  I saw a post that says I need either a 22 or 40 keychip.  I put in the 40 chip and it came up with a message that I could not use that keychip with this game.  Can anyone confirm that I need the 22 chip?  Of course it's the one keychip I don't have.  I want to setup for SAS so I need to get into the keychip settings

Thanks in advance

Offline bpracer

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: GameKing 5.1 Keychip
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 05:46:15 AM »
I use the following:
Key 22 for 3902 boards
Key 40 for an 044 board using the legacy adapter (3902 software on an 044 board)
Key 28 for 044 boards

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:23:13 AM »
thats kinda interesting.....
IGT says to use the KEY-17 or KEY-40 on the 3802/3902 boards running ver 5.x
KEY-17 puts you in the keychip mode WITHOUT blowing anything away, no reloading games needed.
KEY-40 Gives you choices, up to and including giving the machine a Lobotomy, clears EVERYTHING including meters.
I would NOT use a KEY-22 on 3802/3902
KEY-28 044 series..like it was said before.

Kirk

Offline deuce23

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
I will try the 17 again and report back.  I was getting some error when I tried the 17 but don't remember what it was. 

Thanks
Brian

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
When you do the KEY-17, all you will see is the entire display turn PURPLE......
Switch it it off, pull the KEY-17 out and put the base chip back in......
When it powers up it will be in the keychip mode.
Dont wait too long, it will time out, do something...like make sure the hopper is disabled or ?
Once you do a command or function...you have all the time in the world.

Kirk

Offline deuce23

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »
I tried the 17 chip a few times.  Most of the time it just went into the game.  A couple of times it came up with EPROM error game ID mismatch.  A couple times it came up with the keychip menu but with the message group code doesn't match.  This is on a 3902 board.

Thanks
Brian

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
I'm thinking thats NOT a real KEY-17.
It doesnt have a menu, simply the purple screen and when you put the base chip back in, it goes directly into the keychip menu.
I use the KEY-17 on these base chips....
M0000526
M0000837
M0000888
M0000944

Works every time.

Kirk

Offline deuce23

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »
I tried a few more time and same result.  I do get the purple screen and the two yellow lights on the board but when I put the base chip back in and power up it goes right into the game.  A couple of times it came up with a verify all settings message.  I tried the key 17 in my s2000 and it worked fine.  Came right up to the keychip menu.

From what I can tell in the keychip guide I do need the key 22.  It's a non-wap with blue menus.  So I guess I will try that as soon as I can get one unless some one is willing to send me the file so I can burn one.

Thanks
Brian

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:56 PM »
Brian It would be kind of difficult to send you a file when you have your email hidden.

No where in this thread have I read which board you are using. That said I use a Key 040 on all Game King Poker Games that are installed on a 3902 board. I use a Key 022 on all I Games on a 3902 board. ( A 040 AND A KEY 22 will interchange ) What I'm saying is if you have a 3902 board you can use either one.

The files I have for 5.1 are different than yours. I have them as Base M0000791, Game G0001553, and Simms as C0000797. I don't know if you have a true 5.1 or I do and to be honest I don't care. I don't have the files for the two chips you listed, if I did I would burn a set and find you a key chip that would work. ( first one I would try is a 040 )

Kirk I tapped a lead fishing sinker to my Key17 and use it for a paper weight. That's the best use I've found for the SOB !!!!
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline deuce23

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »
I thought my email was open for everyone to see in my profile.  If there is another setting I need to change, please let me know which menu it's under.

I briefly mentioned later in the thread that it was a 3902 board.  I did try the 40 but when I turn on the machine it comes up with a message saying this keychip will not work with this game.  I could have sworn I keychipped the machine at some point in time when I switched it back from Money Storm. 

another member offered to email the file.

I guess I have another question now.  What determines the keychip.  Is it the base chip, game chip or a combination?

I appreciate everyone's suggestions and help.

Thanks
Brian

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:49 PM »
You can't make your email public in your profile.  I don't know if it's a limitation of the new board, or if that's the way Joey chose to set it up.  If you look at your profile you will see your email address, but if someone else looks at it, it will show "hidden".  You can email a user through the board by clicking on "mail this user" icon, but it doesn't allow you to add an attachment.  Easiest way is just to pm your email address to whoever you're trying to make contact with.

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 10:40:50 PM »
I know this is a stupid question, but your board looks EXACTLY like this one?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal