New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbee needs help installing SIMM audio card  (Read 6008 times)

Offline rudge

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rudge New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbee needs help installing SIMM audio card
« on: February 02, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »
HI

I have a IGT S2000 Double Triple lucky 7 machine (5 reel) and have purchased a SIMM card which I believe is compatible

DSV00042 VISION S2000 SLOT SIMM 4EBB 16meg

I have seen this SIMM working in another IGT S2000 Triple Stars 5 reel machine which is basically the same machine

I know how to physically fit the card into the processor PCB but I am not sure what I need to do in the menu system to enable the new enhanced audio - is a new PROM needed ?

Any tips ?

Cheers

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Newbee needs help installing SIMM audio card
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
Do you have a multi media board on your MPU so you can use a sound simm? The sockets on the MPU aren't used for that or anything else. If you have the adapter board then just go to menu 3 and scroll to multimedia. Then select enhanced for the various reel spin and other sound options

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:01:11 PM »
It needs to be installed on the piggyback board shown here, a MML2 board (like 6"x9"). Like cowboy said, it doesn't install directly on your MPu board...your MPU needs to have the MMl2 board as piggyback board to your regular MPu board. Like this:

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the tips. Sorry did not respond sooner - I had to order a MM2 lite PCB for the SIMM... got it today

Installed everything ok, could see the multimedia option in the menu but machine has no sound at all now  :hissyfit:  just a low level annoying noise on the speakers...which was not there before I installed the MM board with the SIMM.

I also tried the sound tests in the tests menu...nothing at all....took everything out, checked everything was seated ok, no bent pins etc... Still the same. I am stumped now. I could not see anywhere to turn enhanced sound on in the menus, am I missing something?  :banghead:

I did a bit of digging on the forum and I think there is an issue with certain SB base chips (above 100) not supporting enhanced sound.... Do you know anything about this, I have a SB1000924..

Any tips would be helpful, and save this MM PCB and SIMM from entering a low earth orbit in the near future...

Thanks

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »
Only the clone games of Triple Lucky 7's (Triple Butterfly,Triple Stars,Triple Red Hot 7's)have the enhanced sounds ...not the Triple Double ...Double Double or Triple Triple  5 reel games
See this post......
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5218.msg27549#msg27549
I like the 5 reel games but its frustrating when you find out that most of the games don't have enhanced sounds

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:44 AM »
Thanks for the link.....

Frustrating, I really want the enhanced sounds. From what I see in the other thread a SB100497 might work, so I am going to get one to see what happens, from what I can tell it's basically the same as the SB100924

Although I am flying a little blind now, not sure if it's valid with the game chips I have but i guess it won't hurt to try...

Thanks for the help

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:02:12 AM »
None of the Triple Double games have enhanced sounds, so changing the SB chip won't do anything for you.  If you want the enhanced sounds, get one of the triple "clones"  (Butterfly 's, Red Hot 7's, Triple Stars) and the sb chip with the enhanced sounds with it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
Ok thanks

Does anyone know a chipset I should get for a clone chipset for say a triple lucky stars which is 5 reel 90 credit? (45,000 jackpot)

I am not sure which SB base chip I need and what the correct game chips are to go with it. I tried to research it but there are so many SB chips and all have cryptic descriptions.

Here is what I have now, which seems a little odd to me.... As the SB chip seems to be for a butterfly version from what I could find out.. Reels and glass are for a triple lucky7

Base chip SB100924
Game chips 3G00598
Version chip VS011GX1

The machine is a "triple lucky 7" not a "triple double lucky 7" Like I said earler... Sorry bit new to this

Thanks for any guidance

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »
The SB100496 & SB100497 should give your triple lucky sevens  enhanced sounds.
The 496 is 45 cr and the 497 is 90cr.
Should work with your sg598s also.

Your earlier post said you had no sound at all have you corrected that? A chip change will not fix no sound at all.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline 72polara

• Reputation Power: 1
  • 72polara New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 04:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the link.....

Frustrating, I really want the enhanced sounds. From what I see in the other thread a SB100497 might work, so I am going to get one to see what happens, from what I can tell it's basically the same as the SB100924

Although I am flying a little blind now, not sure if it's valid with the game chips I have but i guess it won't hurt to try...

Thanks for the help

I replaced the 924 with a 497 and got enhanced sounds. No other chips were changed and they are SG000523 & VS011GX1.

We must have seen the same past thread on this matter.

Josh

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:35 PM »
Hi Rich and Josh,

Thanks for the help, I will go ahead and get a SB100497 and give it a try.

When I tried the MM2 with the SIMM with my current SB100924 all sound stopped working, just got quite a lot of noise on the speakers. I did see the multimedia selection in the menu only real setting available seemed to be a mono / stereo switch, there was something else I don't recall. I just assumed it would default to the enhanced sound when it detected the hardware was there... (Maybe wrong assumption). When I pulled the Mm2 and SIMM all went back to normal with the normal sounds and no noise.

When I get the SB100497 I will let you know if it works

Thanks again for the help

Steve

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »
You should still have sound with the MM2 board installed even with your 924 chip, something may be wrong with the mm2 board or the wireing to the speakers.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »
Hmmmm

Ok need to look at that, the fact the old sounds work fine tends to suggest to me the speakers / amp / wiring is Ok - I guess it coulspd be a bad MM2 board, seller told me was removed from working machine, and came with a 42 SIMM installed, but not sure how true that was

Syeve

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
Have you tried it with your origional 42 simm?

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 08:18:20 PM »
Have not tried it with my other 42 SIMM yet, will give that a try soon.

After it did not work, I dug around a bit in the forum and found out it's not exactly "plug and play" like I thorght it would be, and convinced myself the problem was with the SB base chip... Which it is, but assumed it had killed all the audio - what audio should I get with the wrong SB base chip and the 42 SIMM - just the old tones?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
Yes, you should get generic sounds as if the simm wasn't there

Offline rudge

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 06:43:18 PM »
Update.
Swapped the 924 base chip for a 497 and the multimedia sound works now  :dancing_2:

There is a lot of background "hiss" on the speakers but I suspect this is due to the poor design, rather than a "broke" it clearly was not engineered for high fidelity sound.

Had a bad MM lite PCB also which is why I initially had no sound, thanks for the heads up qBert...

Also, a big thankyou to Ron who contacted me via private message...

Cheers

Steve

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
Rudge,
Glad you got it working with the enhanced sound.
As far as the hmmm goes it really depends what MPU board you are using.
With a 504 board or enhanced 1270 board the sound quality is actually very good.

If you have a 501 or a 502 MPU board that is where your hmmmmm is coming from.
Review this post, if you have a 501 or 502 in my opinion the only real fix is a 504 board.
Read the link for what it's worth.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=324.0

Rich

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal