New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ error code 61-2  (Read 29049 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ error code 61-2
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:46 AM »
The only thing that has changed is the power cable getting re-pinned. That has to be the problem. No power is going to something. Your burnt one had power going to the displays before and not now. When you turn on your machine, do the reels move freely (by hand) or are they stiff? Please post a close up picture of the cable after it was re-pinned. You have your old picture of the burnt one, compare it to the after harness to make sure the color pattern goes the right way. When it's plugged into the mother board the green wires should be to the right. this picture shows the plug turned around backwards for showing the burn mark. remember the 2 green go to the right.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
OK Jules, here's the diagram of the wiring for that harness and the voltages. Thanks to commtech for the diagram.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
Thanks! for posting the diagram.  Not having an electronics background, I am a little challenged by figuring these pictures totally out.
I understand the numbering of the burnt plug from right to left.  I am guessing that the second picture is showing me where these wires connect on the other end?  I'm not really sure what I should do next other than check to see if these wires are plugged in properly.
Thanks again for providing this photo.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »
So no answer about your reels? By your last response I have to guess you don't have a volt meter to check the voltages at the pins in the diagram. The diagram also showed what color wire should be at each pin#. Since you had a display before whoever repined your connector, it only makes sense that is where the problem is now. We ask questions to you and beg for answers to help you.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »
Sorry that I posted in two places a related problem.  My other post about disconnected s+ wires has been locked so I will post only here from now on.  The reels on this machine move just a hair when it is turned on. They move, when turned by hand but there is a slight resistance like they are turning over a rubber blade or something. I have not been able to get any response out of the self test switch as far as I can tell.   I had an individual who owns an electronic store and replaces these plug ends daily for a living so I am guessing he knew what he was doing.  He replaced all six of the pins in the burnt plug and said the plug did not need to be replaced.  I did not get a chance to turn the machine on until after he left. Of course, anyone can make a mistake.  I also replaced the cmos chip with a new one that I had fried earlier.
  I have never had this machine working fully, but was told it did so when I acquired it.  I do have a volt meter, but am not sure exactly how to check it unless it involves putting one lead in each opening of the plug and the other on the prong that the opening goes on?  I am not able to find the diagram which was provided to me earlier by the user name rockinelvis so I would really appreciate that posted again.  Here are close ups of the before and after pictures of the power plug that was repinned. Sorry I don't have the plug diagram to check it with the pictures.  Maybe it was on the wrong way to begin with? I will try to be a better at more rapid communication as I have had lots of disruptions today.   

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »
Sorry that I posted in two places a related problem.  My other post about disconnected s+ wires has been locked so I will post only here from now on.

No problem, Jules!  I locked that other thread just to keep everything in the same place for the issue with your machine, so that way we didn't have people posting possible solutions or things to try in multiple places, repeating work or troubleshooting steps that may have already been done.  Good luck with getting your machine fixed -- the folks here are the best.   :yes:

The other thread, for reference, is located here.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 04:47:30 AM »
diagram is in reply 21. If you can, print the diagram in color and check for the proper color wires in each position. Turn on machine. with your volt meter set to AC put black lead in slot at the # 2 spot. With #1 being all the way to right and #6 being all the way to the left. Next put the red lead in #3 slot. should be 7 vac. next put red lead in #4 slot. should be 8 vac. next put black lead in #6 slot and red in #5 slot. should be 24 vac. Since your saying the reels are stiff you must have the 7 vac at least.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 04:53:35 AM »
Here is a diagram of what should be plugged into your mother board.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:29 AM »
Thank you!  That is very helpful.  Please list the steps again which you would take in order to troubleshoot this problem.  The set up button in back of the off/on switch back does not appear to do anything neither does the reset key when turned outside of the cabinet.    Basically it appears that I have no power as the lights come on including the 25 cent light in the middle of the machine, but no lights in any of the display windows.  When I put a metal non magnetic token in the coin comparator it falls straight through to the coin tray.  Thanks! again for any and all of everyone's time in helping me with these problems.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 06:31:56 AM »
see reply #26. Jules, where do you live?

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2015, 06:40:02 AM »
Thank you.  I will give that a try. 

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2015, 06:41:59 AM »
Litchfield Park, Arizona

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
I checked out the colored power wires with a bright light and they match in color to the order of the
picture of the power plug that you sent me.  I got the following readings on my voltmeter:

black lead in slot 2 of the plug and red in  slot 3 of the plug-----8.22vac

black lead in slot 2 of the plug and red in slot 4 of the plug--8vac

black lead in slot 6 and red in slot 5--25.2vac

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
That first voltage should have been 7 vac. Lets try this. The flat connector that was burnt. With power off slide it up and down the 6 pins several times. Those pins may have oxidation on them and maybe this will clean them up a little. Then try putting the 6 wire flat connector only half way on or 3/4 max. Turn it on and lets see. We have to get your displays on again to move on. Is there anything else that was done while replacing the pins in the flat connector? If still no displays look at the back side of the display and on the end is a flat connector. Put it on and off several times also. When you replaced the burnt CHIP on your board, was it the same as original? I am hoping that there was no damage done to the board. Why did you have to replace that chip to begin with? I know you said you put it in backward. Why was it removed?

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
The cmos chip was removed because I read online that I should do a ram clear.  The new chip I purchased was from JJ slots.  I tried sliding the power plug up and down with no luck.  I also slid the small black plug on the board to the right of the coin comparator with no luck.  Is this the connecter you were talking about?   I might mention that I have another used cpu board that I could try.  It does not have the reel and game chips.    I guess I could maybe try that.  Tim, at JJ slots said that putting the cmos ram chip in backwards would not have damaged other parts of my board.  That is why I have not tried this other board.  Thanks again for your great advice.  I will not do anything else until I hear back from someone on the board. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
I think we have a BINGO. You took the cmos chip out and put the clear in it's place??? It is the SP chip you needed to remove for the clear chip. JJ is a chip expert. Send him a message and ask what happens now. I do a lot with these machines, but I have never known of this being done before. You may need a new SP and SS chip. I'm sorry to say, I just don't know. But, now we are on track. Just for giggles, remove the SP chip and put the clear in it. Power machine on and maybe the display will come on then you can do clear sequence. Pay attention to the notch on chips.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:57 PM »
Boy! I hope you are right.  I will email JJ and see what he tells me to do.  Sorry, but I have been out this evening so will get on this tomorrow morning.  Thanks! Bunches!  Jules

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
I contacted and exchanged email messages with JJ slots today  I told him about the ram clear that I apparently did on the wrong chip.  He replied by asking me for a picture of my motherboard.  He had me reconnect one loose wire to the motherboard.  I also put in the new reel, game chip and cmos chip that I got from him.  I turned the power on and the insert coin, and coins inserted? light came on (the display to the right of the insert coin) and the candlelight flashed off and on a few times and then it stopped and there was nothing.  I turned it off and on once and the reel on the left side moved in circles in a jittery fashion.  The center reel did not move and the reel on the far right did the same thing as the one on the left in a slower fashion.  He emailed me back and said it most likely was a board or poor connection problem.
This most likely does not help a rookie at fooling with electronics like me.  I do have another used board which was untested which I could swap out as well as the game, reel, and cmos chips.  This may be a complete waste of time as it was an untested cpu board that i got.  I could buy some tested boards, but then again it could be a connector problem which then would do me no good.
In summary, I am not a real happy camper today.  Thanks again for everyone's help.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
If it were mine, I would move the chips to the other board. Worst case is it will do nothing also. Best case ??? Maybe. Check you battery voltage on other board. Your explanation on the reels if unusual. Look under the reels and make sure all 3 are plugged in. Usually when the reels do what you described it is all 3 and you just open the door and turn the key then close the door. All good unless something is rubbing one.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:17 PM »
Moved the chips over to the other board, checked the correct direction and that all the pins on each chip are where they should be.  Now, I have nothing at all.  Before I had the comparator light coming off and on when I first started it up also.  Guessing it must be a connector somewhere, but have checked all the ones I could see inside the cabinet, but I could be missing some.  I would get a different tested board, but I am guessing it may be in my connections.  Thanks! for being patient with me.
Maybe a picture of all the connectors inside the cabinet, especially in the top right corner of the cabinet and behind the self test switch since it doesn't seem to be responding when I push the button nor does the jackpot reset key.  Thanks! Again 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal