New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ error code 61-2  (Read 29050 times)

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S+ error code 61-2
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »
Checked the battery on the second board and it was good also.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
what problem did you have with this machine originally??  what led you to replace the cmos chip??  do the display's come on at all?  sounds as if the second board is dead.  the first board:  the SP chip goes in the socket labeled GAME PROM, the SS chip goes in the socket labeled REEL PROM, the CMOS  goes in the socket labeled CMOS, all the notches on the chips face the connector side of the board.  Sounds as if you have all the right AC voltages at the power plug and the wire colors are correct. when you turn on power to the machine you should observe the following: the florescent bulbs are on, the displays show something, the denom lamp on. the reels should be stiff, not easily moved, should take effort to move them. you have to verify all the correct connectors are plugged into the right places on the motherboard, this is IMPORTANT, there is a connector  that can be plugged into the wrong place and it will cause your displays to be out.  also check the plug that connects the small transformer to the board. (located on the removable panel that the board is attached to) a easy test for the fuses, with the power on, undo each one, the flor. lamps will go off when one is undone, the reels will not be stiff when one is undone and the denom lamp will go out when the other is undone.  what game kit is in your machine?  could you post an up close picture of your board .

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
I have not had this machine running, but was told it was working when I received it.  I replaced the game, reel and cmos chips with new ones.  I replaced the cmos chip when I accidentally fried it (which I am told was the wrong chip) trying to do a ram clear as all I was getting was a 61-2 message when I first started it up so I tried to clear it.  The power cable has been repinned with new pins, and the 3 screw in fuses tested good with a voltmeter. I also checked the power connector cable after repinning and there was voltage in the six sockets. Not sure where the 120 volt fuse is at as I have not tested it?  Here are some up close pictures of the mother and cpu boards.  Also a picture of the loose wire connectors.  I tried a different used board switching my game, reel and cmos chips with no luck.  The machine is basically dead with only fluorescents.  Some slight resistance on the reels when turned.  Thanks! for your help.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 12:00:13 PM »
I have not had this machine running, but was told it was working when I received it.  I replaced the game, reel and cmos chips with new ones.  I replaced the cmos chip when I accidentally fried it (which I am told was the wrong chip) trying to do a ram clear as all I was getting was a 61-2 message when I first started it up so I tried to clear it.  The power cable has been repinned with new pins, and the 3 screw in fuses tested good with a voltmeter. I also checked the power connector cable after repinning and there was voltage in the six sockets. Not sure where the 120 volt fuse is at as I have not tested it?  Here are some up close pictures of the mother and cpu boards.  Also a picture of the loose wire connectors.  I tried a different used board switching my game, reel and cmos chips with no luck.  The machine is basically dead with only fluorescents.  Some slight resistance on the reels when turned.  Thanks! for your help.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:07:57 PM by Joeylc »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »
lets go back to the original board, put the chips on that board and put it in the machine and turn it on and lets see what you have ,and go from there!. 

picture of the cpu board would be nice.  game type and chip numbers would be nice.   

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
This is a Five Times Pay machine.  I switched the game, reel and cmos chips back to the original board.  They are brand new and you can read the numbers on the pic.  When I put this original board back in the machine the insert coin and the coin accept windows flashed 3 or 4 times and so did the green comparator light and then nothing after that.  I removed the 3 fuses and each one resonded as Jim said.  Here are some pics of the chips, and cpu board.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
I would try and clear the machine. The clear chip goes in the SP socket.  turn the game on, should hear a ding,then press the white test button (behind the on/off switch) the display should count up the stop and restart again.  do this twice. now put the SP chip back in and see what happens.

Jim

Signature:

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »
I took the sp game chip out of the socket and replaced it with the clear.  I then turned it back on and there was no ding when doing so.
The displays did not show anything so I did not see a count up of numbers, but I did this a couple of times and nothing really happened.
I put the game chip back in and turned on the machine.  The comparator light, the coin insert and coin accepted flashed, but did not stay on.
The reels did move slightly up and down especially the left one.
At the same time, the coin hopper moter started to turn with the lights flashing.  I had not seen this happen before so I was somewhat thrilled by it.  The hopper tray is full of tokens and I am starting to wonder if this might be part of the problem although it does not explain why the machine acted the way it did when doing the clear.  I am starting to see some small progress so please get back to me. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 05:16:58 AM »
Jim, could he have damaged his clear chip by putting it in the CMOS? Jules, don't get another clear chip until we hear from Jim. You are the only person I know that made that mistake so it is a grey area of knowledge for me. I did have a friends machine suddenly lose it's displays and when I changed the board it was good. When I started checking things I put my board in with my chips in and it worked. When I put my chips in his board it didn't. When I traded the CMOS chip it followed the CMOS chip.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
at this point I have to suspect the board is defective. Its hard to troubleshoot the machine when you don't have a known good board to sub.  I think all the power supply voltages are good, can't be certain of the +5vdc, there's no where to measure it that you can get to.  as a last ditch effort I would swap out the cpu chip and see if that makes a difference. we are at a point of chasing our tail, short of buying a new board (know good ,tested) I don't know what to tell you next.  I have a S+ board tester, if you want, you could send me the board and tray assembly and I could test them.  the cpu chip would come from the other board you have, as always, be sure all the legs get into the socket and don't get folded over.

Jim   

Signature:

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:10 AM »
Tried switching the cpu chip and it did the same thing.  I have decided to just get a new board instead of trying to repair the old one.  I will report back to the group as soon as I have replaced it.  Thanks! everyone for the great suggestions.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »
Got a new board today from a slot machine company.  They cleared the board, and priovided me with the right reel and game chips.  Also they married it to my dbv-200.  Unfortunately, I now am getting a 65-1,  tried pushing in the self test button as suggested in the trouble-shooting chart and no change.  I have removed the cover on the off/on switch, everything is connected tightly, and removed the power box cover and checked all fittings.  Also checked the fittings on the mpu board again.  Called the slot machine company and did the above which is what they told me to do.  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
You have to hold the button for a few seconds until the 65-1 changes.  It may change to a 65-2, then press and hold button again.  It may change to a 65-3 turn jackpot reset key, then close door.

If it doesn't go from 2 to 3, and it just disappears, then just close door, and the game should be ready to play.  The reason why you are getting the errors is because the backplane was not change so when you put in a new board, even if it was configured at the slot place, your backplane will complain that it does not have the same settings as the mpu board.  The only way to really do what you described done at the shop, is for them to send you the mpu and the backplane, and then you change both.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »
Try following the wires from the test button down to the bottom of the cabinet. They may be unplugged like many of your others were. Sometimes when you push the self test button you have to wiggle it also. I just had a problem where my button was not working. Pushed it at least 100 times. Turned machine this morning and it started working. Remember if you try a clear again to remove the SP chip and pay attention to the notch.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
Somebody please educate me with what a back pane board is on an s+ slot machine.  A picture would be great.  Thanks!

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
It's the (mother board), the horizontal board that your cpu connects to.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »
Hope your right because I just got another cpu and had it married to the motherboard. 
Dumb Question of the Day----How do you remove the mpu board?  Does it just pop up in the four corners like a pinball board?
Also, where can I find a s+ schematic online or does one need to buy one?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 06:07:40 PM »
The motherboard has a couple screws and it also has a few pins in the corners.  You have to pop it up where the pins are.  Sometimes they're hard to get loose.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:07 PM »
Thanks for the immediate response. 

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »
Hope your right because I just got another cpu and had it married to the motherboard. 
Dumb Question of the Day----How do you remove the mpu board?  Does it just pop up in the four corners like a pinball board?
Also, where can I find a s+ schematic online or does one need to buy one?

Physically impossible to "marry" a backplane/motherboard to anMPU unless the 2 boards were in the same machine at the same time...

Photos show an MPU (1st fix)....and a motherboard/backplane (2nd pic)...

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal