New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: B/V doesn't light up in front  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
B/V doesn't light up in front
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »
Well the wba11ss is working great but it doesn't light up. Changed the bulbs but still nothing. Any ideas?  :Scratch-Head: Thanks in advance.
Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: B/V doesn't light up in front
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:59 AM »
Their are 2 wires that turn that off and on at the plug that connects th the back of the Bill acceptor
Check to see that it is plugged in

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 11:00:48 AM »
Do you mean the harness wires that come out? They are all plugged in.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline slots4home

• slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:06:56 AM »
How about where it plugs into the bezel on the door

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
Yep it is too. I unplugged it and back in nothing yet.

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:53:54 AM »
Do you have another WBA to swap out

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
No I just have one 11. I have Two 13's but I'd have to change the harness and software for them.

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »
My thought is that it is in the bv unit itself.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 12:56:43 PM »
Thanks for trying Darrell.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
so, the bill acceptor works, just the front bezel doesn't light up? correct.  bulbs can be checked in the denom socket,you said they were good. check and see if the big transistor on the left side of the board is present.  get into the test diagnostics, input tests 10_1 in the window, cycle that until you reach 27_0, this normally will turn on the lamps.  that circuit board gets its operating ground from the bet max button sta-con connector, I have seen those broken.  the board has four wires in the connector, two are the 6vac and its ground, and the other two come from the back of the wba 11 plug harness , they are the control signal that will turn on an opto isolator which will turn on a transistor to apply a ground to the lamps.  That's basically how it works, doing this from memory, so that should give you a starting place to track down the problem.  In test 27, all the signals and voltages should be present at the connector, so if they are all there, then the problem has to be with the board, it's usually the big transistor, its missing or one leg is broken off or its bad.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
Thanks Jim I'll start checking it out tonight.
Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:13 AM »
I checked the ground from 3 credits it's good. Tested the voltage coming in 6v that's good both wires from the acceptor have voltage too. No broken leg on the transistor looks like a bad transistor or board. Thanks a million Jim!
Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 03:14:24 PM »
Well I did a little more exploring and am still not sure what the signal should read from the b/v. But in the meantime I came up with a way to test the validator light board in the machine. I have an sp1137 (tokenization) chip in the machine. My psr says self test page 2 and option 00 to turn on all the lamps. I tested the 6vac, it was good and set the meter to the audible ohms setting to check the ground from Max credits to the board and it was also good. I couldn't tell what the signal was supposed so I tried something different. I bought another board and plugged it in. When it didn't work either, I set the meter to audible again and unplugged the 2 wire connector I put a small paper clip in each female plug to check for continuity back to the board. I was still in the lamps on test and accidentally touched both paper clips with each lead (one on the left and the other on the right) and the board lit up. Somehow that mimics the signal from the b/v and turns on the lights. So I plugged in the old board and it still wouldn't work. Replaced the board and could still light it with the meter but plugged in it doesn't come on. So I had a bad board and the b/v isn't sending signal to light the board. Thanks to all for the advice, I'm not going to change the b/v on a tokenized machine just for lights. It takes bills just fine and that's good enough.
Dave
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:54:16 PM by Shaggy »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal