New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Behavior  (Read 6329 times)

Offline joshstern

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • joshstern New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Behavior
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »
Hi all,

I have my S2000 running a Double Crystal Sevens game right now and the reels light up upon a win or when the Crystal or Double Sevens symbol appears in sequence. This is perfectly fine and is running as expected. But I noticed on a video of a Crystal Sevens machine that the symbols light up in order regardless of what they might be. Ie., three bars across the pay line would light up in sequence. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2nm5pcHZk

Is this something I can change setting wise to tell my machine to do?

Thanks!
Josh

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »
I suspect your simm card in your multimedia board is a DSV00042. Crystal Sevens has a specific simm. It is a DSV00038. I believe that is the difference. Not sure if it will work on a Double Crystal Seven. Yoeddie should be able to tell you.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
I suspect your simm card in your multimedia board is a DSV00042. Crystal Sevens has a specific simm. It is a DSV00038. I believe that is the difference. Not sure if it will work on a Double Crystal Seven. Yoeddie should be able to tell you.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Yep, I have a DSV00042 in my machine. But I thought the SIMM was just for sound? Could the SIMM actually be telling the machine to light up the reels for any possible win?

Thanks!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:09:16 PM »
I believe it does if you remove the dsv00042 the lights will not come on when an individual crystal seven hits the first reel. It will only ring and light up with standard dings after a winning combination has hit the third reel.
If you try this remember to go back to the sound options and turn the enhanced sounds back on when you reinstall the 0042 simm card.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
I believe it does if you remove the dsv00042 the lights will not come on when an individual crystal seven hits the first reel. It will only ring and light up with standard dings after a winning combination has hit the third reel.
If you try this remember to go back to the sound options and turn the enhanced sounds back on when you reinstall the 0042 simm card.

Interesting... I would have never guessed the SIMM could do something like that. I'm wondering if a DSV00038 would work in my machine.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
That's why it's called a [blink]multimedia[/blink] board.
Yoeddy chime in any time now.

Rich

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
That's why it's called a [blink]multimedia[/blink] board.
Yoeddy chime in any time now.

Rich

Can I do harm to my board if I search out and install a DSV00038 simm?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
Won't do any harm adding a 38, but I think the result will be "incompatibility" message showing up on the VFD.  I think double and triple C7 only accept a 42. 

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:49:35 PM »
Won't do any harm adding a 38, but I think the result will be "incompatibility" message showing up on the VFD.  I think double and triple C7 only accept a 42. 

Thanks,
Jason

Gotcha. Thanks for your input Jason!

Josh

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 08:14:31 PM »

Ok, so I removed my 42 SIMM and played as normal. Man, some old school sounds came out of that machine haha! But even with the SIMM out, when a Crystal Seven symbol hit the pay line, it still lit up. So the SIMM isn't telling the back-lights to light upon those symbols hitting the reels. Ideas?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:41:40 PM by joshstern »

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »
i have machines that don't have the multimedia board installed that still get the lights. it was my understanding the light control's were part of the sb.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
i have machines that don't have the multimedia board installed that still get the lights. it was my understanding the light control's were part of the sb.

Hmm. So I'm curious that Crystal Sevens and Triple Crystal Sevens would have a the same light control programming, but Double Crystal Sevens would be different.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 10:18:07 PM »
You may just have an old or lowerend sb i had a cleopatra that had a game spcific sound simm in it, but the sb i had for the game only supported bonus sounts not the custom reel spins.

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
You may just have an old or lowerend sb i had a cleopatra that had a game spcific sound simm in it, but the sb i had for the game only supported bonus sounts not the custom reel spins.

So just for s**ts and giggles, I bought a Top Dollar SIMM and installed it into my machine. Works perfectly! It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I love the Top Dollar sounds so this is really exciting! Now to find a Crystal or Triple Crystal Sevens SIMM and see what it does.

I wonder if some machines or SB chips are set up to accept any SIMM.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
If it accepted a DTD SIMM, your chances are good that it will accept the C7 SIMM (DSV00038)...or any other SIMM for that matter.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
If it accepted a DTD SIMM, your chances are good that it will accept the C7 SIMM (DSV00038)...or any other SIMM for that matter.

Jason

Awesome, thanks Jason! If you happen to know anyone that has one, let me know  :wave: 

Are we 100% sure the SIMM is what causes the back-lights to trigger?

Josh

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 10:00:40 PM »
I believe I have a DSV38, but I do not have ANY idea what it will do the backlight issue...to me, the 2 are do completely different systems, but you guys seem to think they are related...and perhaps they are, but for now, I'm dont know that I'm buying in on that one.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
I believe I have a DSV38, but I do not have ANY idea what it will do the backlight issue...to me, the 2 are do completely different systems, but you guys seem to think they are related...and perhaps they are, but for now, I'm dont know that I'm buying in on that one.

Hey R! If you do have a 38, and can still add it to my recent order, that would be wonderful! Just let me know via email what I owe you.

These are the times I wish I could call up IGT and say "WHY DOES IT DO THIS?!"

Josh

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »
And IGT would respond "Your call is very important to us,and we can assure you that we are doing all we can to resolve your issue......please call back in 36-48 months (or whenever your machine lease has expired)...."
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline joshstern

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »
And IGT would respond "Your call is very important to us,and we can assure you that we are doing all we can to resolve your issue......please call back in 36-48 months (or whenever your machine lease has expired)...."

:yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal