New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT I game swapout?  (Read 6603 times)

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SlotOwnerNewbie New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT I game swapout?
« on: March 04, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »
I just purchased 3 3902 boards from Ebay (videofunelectronic) with all different games on them.  Went to install them in my texas tea machine and this is what I am getting:

super cherry game board - my monitor doesn't turn on at all

risque business - i get am eeprom error, turn the key, get stats, turn key again and when it gets to initializing the system, I get a system error and when I turn the key, and do the hold reset again, same thing.  Any ideas?

little green men - the frame of the board is bent and it won't even go into the machine.

I have cleared the board on the risque business, but since I can't get the monitor to even turn on with the super cherry, nothing I could do with that one as well as the little green men since it won't even fit in the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:19:37 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: IGT I game swapout?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »
You can start swapping the software on to a good board to see if its the software or the board. Doesn't really sound like its software though...Not much info on board repairs for the 3902 boards, of any really. Look for any obvious things, like burnt/dark areas, exploded components, bulged caps, etc.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:04:55 PM »
Were the boards sold to you as-is condition, no returns, untested, you take your chances

or

did they say they would accept returns, the boards work, you expected to receive working items?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 05:38:38 PM »
I already contacted the seller and he is more than happy to exchange them for good boards.  I swapped out the board of the LGM and installed it in a straight frame and got that game up and running!!!  Unfortunately, was the least excited about of the 3.  I just can't figure out how to get past this error on the risque business game.  Here is a pic of the screen I get.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »
Since the LGM board runs can you take the software out of the other boards and try it in the LGM board?
Also, can you post pictures of each board, close enough so we can possibly see anything that might be wrong? You can attach several pictures to your message here.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »
I have not yet done that procedure before.  If I understand what I have read correctly, you need to change out the base chip, the 2 game chips and the simm cards.  Is this correct?  I would love to try and see if this works.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »
I have not yet done that procedure before.  If I understand what I have read correctly, you need to change out the base chip, the 2 game chips and the simm cards.  Is this correct?  I would love to try and see if this works.

I'm not an expert on your game but that sounds right. Maybe someone more experienced than me can answer that question. As long as you don't install a part backwards or bend a pin I don't see how it would hurt anything. Pay attention or make notes or take a picture of how the parts are oriented and do the same when you move them to the other board.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »

yes, you are correct.  You will need to change the GME, Base and all the simms.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
So, looking at the pic below, if I am correct, I would change the base chip, the 2 game chips and the one simm card that is on this board in slot J6.  Am I correct?  Thanks for the help.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
Yes, I think that's right. Just to double-check, are you familiar with removing & installing dip chips?  You have to be careful when removing them, prying them out of their socket and not bending the last of the chip legs to let go. Then when installing them be sure the notch on the chip is on the correct end of the socket and the chip legs are lined up to the sockets, press slowly then firmly to seat it all the way. 

RICK - what about the two dip chips in sockets near the simm that don't have labels, do they need to be swapped also? Probably not since there are no labels, but what are they for? Also, is that another simm over on the addon multimedia lite board?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:13:45 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:29 PM »
I already contacted the seller and he is more than happy to exchange them for good boards.  I swapped out the board of the LGM and installed it in a straight frame and got that game up and running!!!  Unfortunately, was the least excited about of the 3.  I just can't figure out how to get past this error on the risque business game.  Here is a pic of the screen I get.
on the error you are getting with the Risque Business board,

just a guess but from what I've read your EEPROM SENET error could be a problem the mpu board is having trying to communicate with the machine's security EEPROM, often located on a backplane board. Or it is reading the EEPROM ok but there is disagreement with what is written in it and causing a security concern, such as mismatched game software than what was expected. Or the SENET controller chip on the mpu board is bad.

SENET is what IGT calls their Synchorous Expansion NETwork, it is used by the mpu to communicate with the simpler devices in the machine like the various lamps, switches in the door and player panel, the digital displays, the coin i/o mechanism, the bell, hopper, candle, pull handle, hard meters, etc with the help of 2 or more I/O boards that act as interfaces.

The error you are getting shows the SENET serial bus address of the SENET device that is having the problem, which is 0xC102. I don't have a manual but someone might know which device that is. But from the error display in your photo it looks like the device is the EEPROM. You can also double-check that all cables and plugs are correctly connected and ok when you are using the board that gives that error. On the machines I am familiar with when you power up a machine the mpu checks which game software is installed and if it is different from the last power up then it gives a fail. It knows what the last game software was because it is stored in the security eeprom. The machine may want a software clear or something done before it lets you install and run other game software. This is all just a guess on my part, so we'll see if anyone else can expand on this.

Attached is a writeup from one of the folks about SENET.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:21:46 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:50 AM »
Yes, I think that's right. Just to double-check, are you familiar with removing & installing dip chips?  You have to be careful when removing them, prying them out of their socket and not bending the last of the chip legs to let go. Then when installing them be sure the notch on the chip is on the correct end of the socket and the chip legs are lined up to the sockets, press slowly then firmly to seat it all the way. 

RICK - what about the two dip chips in sockets near the simm that don't have labels, do they need to be swapped also? Probably not since there are no labels, but what are they for? Also, is that another simm over on the addon multimedia lite board?

Those are SRAM chips, you don't change those.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
Those are SRAM chips, you don't change those.

ok, good to know.

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
I want to thank you guys for all the help.  Last night after swapping chips and playing around with the boards, I was able to determine what was wrong with the 2 boards that were not working.  They both had a chip that was loose and once I got everything back in place and tight, got everything to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I have 5 games for my IGT I game and want to say that it makes it alot more entertaining!!  Thanks again.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 03:46:53 PM »

So the EEPROM SENET error was caused by a loose chip on the board? Which chip was it?

Also, which of the 3 new games is the best?

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »

risque business, in the bonus round it has strippers taking off everything.

PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »

risque business, in the bonus round it has strippers taking off everything.

Well then...we have our answer...

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline SlotOwnerNewbie

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »
To answer the question from yesterday, the chip that was loose on the Risque Business board was the big chip right next to the GM2 chip which is actually labeled SENET.  On the Super Cherry board, I found the big chip under the rider multimedia board loose which must be what runs the monitor, because after pushing it in tight, everything worked great!!

And yes, I would have to agree that Risque Business is the most enjoyable game with Super Cherry a close second.

Seller on Ebay is great to work with and was completely open to me exchanging them.  Would recommend buying from that user again.

Thanks for all the feedback and answers to my questions.  I appreciate it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal