New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My machine wont take coins  (Read 12432 times)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: My machine wont take coins
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »
The insert coin light is coming on.
Try turning that sensitivity dial on the coin comparator fully CCW .

If that does not work, next pop the coin comparator out (it's just snapped into place) and look on the back side. You will see a solenoid that when engaged will pull a "rake" in. That is what makes the coin actually pass through the coin optics and not drop to the tray. Find a way to prop the rake toward the solenoid. You can fold up a piece of paper or something to wedge in there and then see what happens.

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • wcw1223 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 08:17:27 PM »
I have had the same problem in the past and that worked for me. Sorry it didn't work for you. It is possible you the coin acceptor is bad. On the BV I have been told the current software that accepts all new bills will not work in a S+. I stand to be corrected on that and would like to find I am wrong. If you have a WBA-11 you can get a chip that will take new $20's
Retired and doing only what I want to

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »
This machine had a ticket printer in it and it's programmed not to take quarter's how do I change that. They just drop into the coin tray. It is a S + machine
Is it setup for $1 coins or for tokens maybe? If so then a quarter will be rejected and pass straight thru, right?

When you say it is not programmed to accept quarters or any coins do you mean it came to you that way, would not work with coins because of the way something was done by previous owners? It would only work with paper money?

Should the green LED on the coin comparator be lit when it is ready to accept a coin?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »
Is it setup for $1 coins or for tokens maybe? If so then a quarter will be rejected and pass straight thru, right?
It does not matters what the denomination is set to as long as the sample coin matches what you drop in. For example you can set the denomination to a quarter, but have a dollar sized coin comparator with a dollar sized token and as long as you drop in the correct token, you will get a credit.  All the machine cares is that what you drop in matches the sample.

From the sound of it, the rake is not engaging and thus the coin never makes it to the optics. Assuming the sample coin is good, as noted above one can turn the sensitivity down. Sometimes that pot just needs to be turned a bit. Next is to force the coin to go past the optics by holding the rake in. If that works, then we back up to find out why the rake solenoid is not engaging.

Oh, I am assuming the coin head is correct for the sample coin. If it is to big (i.e. a dollar sized one) being used for quarters, the coin may not be passing the comparator correctly.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:53 PM »
It does not matters what the denomination is set to as long as the sample coin matches what you drop in. For example you can set the denomination to a quarter, but have a dollar sized coin comparator with a dollar sized token and as long as you drop in the correct token, you will get a credit.  All the machine cares is that what you drop in matches the sample.

Is it possible to not select any coin denomination in the setup? Can the machine be setup so that it only accepts paper money and gives no credits when a coin is inserted? This is what he said in his initial post and in his reply #4,  but I don't know if he meant that literally.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 08:51:50 PM »
Is it possible to not select any coin denomination in the setup? Can the machine be setup so that it only accepts paper money and gives no credits when a coin is inserted?
He said the BV is working, so it must have a denomination set. And the insert coin is lit, which means it's ready to accept a coin.

The sequence is
1 Coin in lit = ready to accept coin
2 Drop in coin and it gets compared to sample. If it passes the test, the rake solenoid pulls in and the coin passes the optics and drops into the hopper, and assuming the optics are good, a credit gets added. If the coin does not pass the comparator test, or the rake solenoid is bad, the coin will bypass the optics and fall to the tray.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
What about the green LED on the front of the coin comparator? He said it doesn't lite up on this machine but does on his other machine. Should the green LED be lit?

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »
The LED will not be lit if the door is open.

Something I have done to my home machines is to move the door optics to the reel tray. That way I can open the door and the machine thinks the door is still closed. Makes it easier to troubleshoot certain things. If I need to simulate the door actually being open, I just stick that piece of plastic between the optics. There are other ways to bypass the door optics, I just prefer this way.

luckyspin09876

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »
Thank all of you. I got it working. It is a 3 coin game can I set it up like my S200 to take more then 3 coins. So after 3 coins it ads it to my credits ???

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
Just out of curiosity what SP chip are you using?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
Is it possible to not select any coin denomination in the setup? Can the machine be setup so that it only accepts paper money and gives no credits when a coin is inserted?
He said the BV is working, so it must have a denomination set. And the insert coin is lit, which means it's ready to accept a coin.

The sequence is
1 Coin in lit = ready to accept coin
2 Drop in coin and it gets compared to sample. If it passes the test, the rake solenoid pulls in and the coin passes the optics and drops into the hopper, and assuming the optics are good, a credit gets added. If the coin does not pass the comparator test, or the rake solenoid is bad, the coin will bypass the optics and fall to the tray.
thanks!

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 09:24:30 PM »
Thank all of you. I got it working. It is a 3 coin game can I set it up like my S200 to take more then 3 coins. So after 3 coins it ads it to my credits ???
What did you do to fix it?

There are some SP chips that will allow extra coins to go to credit. For example SP1312

Extra Coins In
Option <0> [10]                                Determines how to handle the extra coins that are received after the maximum bet is reached.  Options are pay from the hopper {0} or automatically apply toward the next game {1}.

luckyspin09876

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »
I took the coin acceptor out and worked the solenoid by hand. This machine has ben in storage for a long time. So is there a way to make the machine add the credits after you put the 3 coins. because the game is only a coin game. But like my S200 you can put as many coins in as you want and it will add them to your credits, ????

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
What did you do to fix it?

There are some SP chips that will allow extra coins to go to credit. For example SP1312

Extra Coins In
Option <0> [10]                                Determines how to handle the extra coins that are received after the maximum bet is reached.  Options are pay from the hopper {0} or automatically apply toward the next game {1}.

Thanks TexasMark it looks like it would work for me. I might try to find one.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:31 PM »
Thanks TexasMark it looks like it would work for me. I might try to find one.
If you are talking about the SP chip, keep in mind it needs to be the correct "type" for your game. The SP1312 I used as an example is for Type 3 (Volcano) and Type 6 (Tidal Wave) games. I'm not sure offhand what other ones have that feature.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »
is there a way to make the machine add the credits after you put the 3 coins.

Yes, but it requires the use of a not too common SP chip and some programming of settings in the machine for what is known as "Montana Credits".  Typical SP chips do not offer that feature.  S+ machines typically did not allow you to insert more coins than the maximum bet.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »
... for what is known as "Montana Credits".  ....
Dang, I was trying remember what it was called.  :Scratch-Head:  Thanks for the refresher.  :cool_thumb_up:  I've been away from this for a long time.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 10:02:05 PM »
I've been away from this for a long time.

Good to see you back!  I've always heard them called Montana Credits (I believe slots in Montana were typically configured with that behavior, which is different from S+ slots in most any other jurisdiction).  In the IGT literature, it's the "Semi Euro Credit" option that allows what we call Montana Credits.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »
I am getting old I read the wrong line  :nerd: are I need new glasses. I was looking at SP1311

SP1311 Type 0,1,4,5,14 (Tournament) 10MH

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 04:51:40 AM »
That coin looks small in there. Is it a quarter? On the front of the comparator is a small screw with + and -, turn that screw to the far - to reduce sensitivity. I'm not 100% sure here but I think the optic path  has different inserts for different size coins. Another thing you can try is to remove the comparator then you will see the coin rake with a solenoid you can wire it open so all coins go to the optics. 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal