New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ problem  (Read 2767 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
S+ problem
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
I've got one driving me crazy. Working on a machine and using pseudo coin button. All was working great. Closed door and credits were still there. Fixed door optics, closed door and got code 21. Did a clear using test button as usual, put SP back in and got 61-2. Pushed the test button a hundred times with no response. Put clear back in and test button worked. So, I change the CMOS and got the 61. Held test button, wiggled it, pushed it who knows how many times and no 61-1. Changed the board and still same thing. SP1271 and SS4713 (I think is wrong) Rapid Fire Jackpots. I know we have been struggling with JULES for weeks with some what the same problem.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:30:06 AM by therockinelvis »
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: S+ problem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
Push and hold the test button until you get a 61-2. Bill.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
Good to hear from you Bill. It's stuck on 61. Pushed and held button until finger hurt. In the morning I'll try changing the mother board. It makes no sense why the button works for the clear chip but not the SP. I even tried a SP 1048 in place of the SP1271. When I first fired this thing up, I got the 61, held button then 61-1, closed door and turned key and it did the spin and was ready. Used the pseudo button for credits and played well with the door open. When I closed the door the credits from pseudo did not go away. I adjusted the door optics and the pseudo credit went away and left code 21. Coin in problem. Lifted latch many times and 21 would not go away, so I did a clear. After that got the 61-2 that would not clear with the button. Changed CMOS and got 61 and it won't go to 61-1.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »
Maybe what Jules has is contagious.  :rotfl:   Sorry Jim I couldn't help it.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:31:46 AM »
Going to get back on it this morning. When I figure this one out, JULES can be helped.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:28:12 AM »
shouldn't be too much to figure out!  typically a non clearing 61 code is corrected by clearing the machine, if that fails then it is usually the EEPROM on the mother board that is bad.  as for the 21 code,  it could be many things causing this, but they all involve the coin in optics, either there is a optic signal that is staying in the wrong state or it is not being seen by the cpu. (bad connection, pinched wire near the door wire harness).

You have other machines, swap the coin in assembly in another machine, that eliminates a lot of problems. plus you can always do the input test on the optics and know for sure how they are working.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 06:41:57 AM »
On the far left of the board is an eeprom that might be the problem. It is marked with a SP731 and SS4712. It seemed odd for a chip to be marked with both sp and ss. Usually that chip is not marked at all. And it's not the 61 loop. While in 61 it will not change to 61-1. It's like the button is dead. When I put the clear chip in, the button works then.

the rockin elvis

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
On the far left of the board is an eeprom that might be the problem. It is marked with a SP731 and SS4712. It seemed odd for a chip to be marked with both sp and ss. Usually that chip is not marked at all. And it's not the 61 loop. While in 61 it will not change to 61-1. It's like the button is dead. When I put the clear chip in, the button works then.

Are you talking about on the MPU or the one on the "backplane" board? Maybe someone just stuck that there to indicate which game and real chips it was set up for.

I agree with Jim, that another clear is in order if you swapped the CMOS. Replacing the whole MPU will give you the 61-2 which means the CMOS data does not match the EEPROM. When that error is cleared, the CMOS is supposed to be put back in sync with the EEPROM which normally has the CMOS updating the EEPROM. That is a security thing to keep someone from just swapping MPUs with another game that might change the denomination or something (which is also stored in the EEPROM).  However, if the CMOS chip it's self has been replaced, and thus has lost it's data or has garbage data (since it is battery backed up and lost power), the machine needs to be cleared again to start from scratch. Typically anytime you pull the CMOS out, you will need to do a clear.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 09:28:46 AM »
Well, I went out to the shop this morning and before I did anything I fired it up. Got the 61, Figured what the heck and pushed the test button and ding it changed to 61-1 like it is supposed to do. Had to fine tune the door optics and everything booted up. Set all the settings and limits, denom. and BV on. All is working great except need to change SS to right chip. Must have been having that "LIP THING" and "ALL SHOOK UP" going on yesterday so the button wouldn't work. I would have liked to find the problem for future repairs, but it fixed itself. Thanks for all the suggestions. I had done most of them already. Thank-ya-thank-ya-very-much

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal