New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ - no power, fixed then only reels spin when powered up  (Read 17322 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ - no power, fixed then only reels spin when powered up
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2015, 10:36:06 AM »
I had a feeling it was wired for 220. For the 61, open the door and either next to or behind the on/off switch is a little button. Push and hold that button until display changes to 61-1, close the door and latch it all the way, then turn the J/P key on the side of the machine. It should spin reels and be ready to play.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ksgmng

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ksgmng New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »
Thanks,
I did clear the "61" but now i have a "21" which I can't seem to clear with the little button. Is this a coin opto error?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »
21 is coin in error. Sometimes just opening and closing the door clears it unless you have no coin equipment. Do you have a coin unit? Or bracket for it. If there is no harness for it you can make a jumper.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »
I didn't know the coin-in jumper would work for an S+, I had always thought that was an S2000/iGame only "feature"
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
I did 8 S+'s over the fall and jumped the coin in as it was missing and hoppers, so set them all to zero for hand pay. Loved that part, no waiting for cash out, just turn the key. I think it was pin 2,4,6,and 10 all jumped together.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2015, 11:21:25 AM »
Rick,

here is a link to the old site.  Yes, it can be done on a S+ machine.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2077.0

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
I have a coin unit in. I did some searching on the forum about testing the coin opto and it is responsive. To explain I pressed the small button till 10-1 displayed and then I turned reset key till 11-1. When I press the white switch on the opto the display changes from 11-1 to 11-0. I don't see any loose wires so I believe all is good. Just not sure why i'm having trouble clearing this "21".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2015, 11:29:47 AM »
you have to check all three optics, 10_1, 11_1 and 12_1,   while in this test mode, remove the cc-16, then place a small stick (Popsicle type)  down into the black coin optic, move it around , should see the display number change to a 10_0, do same for other two optics,  I'll bet optic 10_1 doesn't change. optic 11 also allows you to check the switch button.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »
Jim, you are right 10-1 doesn't change. The others do. Guess I need to buy a new optic now. I also need a new coin entry slot. The one I have is set for nickels and i prefer quarters. Would I also have to change the hopper? If so I might just settle on nickels.

Thanks,

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
Yes hopper and coin size have to match.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »
on the optic board itself, depending on the version you have, there will be a surface mount transistor Q-2 or Q-4,  remove it, that will cure the 10_1 issue, the nickle coin head can be removed and dis-assembled and the coin back plate can be widened to accept a quarter, I use a dremel tool with a cutting wheel to cut out the metal, about  1/8 inch on each side, put a nickle in between the tracks, then put a quarter in the tract and you will see how much you have to open it up.  yea, if you change to quarter, you will need a new shelf wheel inside the hopper,and you will need a new coin in optic ( black encoder) .

Jim

p.s.    the optics themselves are marked with a "Q" designation, DO NOT REMOVE THOSE,

Signature:

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »
Thanks again Jim.
Is there a way to tell which "shelf" is in the hopper, a code stamp or something?  I'd like to know on another if I have a quarter, nickel, etc.

And... are you saying if i remove the Q-2 or Q-4 transistor the board will function fine just less an optic sensor?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
Check to see what coin fits in between the nubs on the wheel and thickness of the center wheel.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »
the only absolute way to know what shelf wheel is in the hopper is to measure it.  there are part numbers on it as well. 

removing the Q- 2 or Q-4  will let the three optics operate the way they should, you will never know the difference.

Jim

Signature:

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Jim,
Hopefully the last time I will bother you. Is the Q4 circled in red in the picture what i need to remove?

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
I removed the Q4 in the picture I provided but I am still getting a "21" that I cannot clear.

I do not have a door sensor on the cabinet side. It came to me this way. Would this make a difference when trying to reset the machine to clear the error? I've tried clearing it using the white button next to the switch.

Offline ksgmng

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
FIXED!!!!!!
The machine is now working. The last stumbling block was clearing the error 21. It ended up being that I need the door sensor. I pulled one off another machine. Closed the door and it reset the machine and was ready for a coin. I put a nickel in and it was ready to go.

I am happy to say my Triple Diamond is now working. Now I just have to do it all again to get my RWB working. I know I will need to buy a CC and a door sensor. Anybody have ones for sale?

:thank_you: to all members and a special thanks to Jim.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2015, 10:13:20 PM »
Well, super glad you got it working now. You officially win the "Un-official Longest Thread of the Year" contest, on BOTH of your threads!  :applause: :applause:

Just kidding, of course, not your fault at all. If anything, its more our fault for not being able to help you sooner! None the less, excellent job sticking it out, and we will see back on your new post on the RWB machine!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal