New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NO SOUND  (Read 6160 times)

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • NEWSLOTTER New User has no influence.
  • NLG
NO SOUND
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:12:50 AM »
Hey guys , New to site. I have a 3coin,3 reel , 5 times pay with a sp1271 game chip and a ss8170 reel prom . where can I find the file on getting my sound to work?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:59:26 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: NO SOUND
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 05:34:53 AM »
Right here in S+ section there is a thread on 1271 settings for home use. Very easy to understand. I'm guessing you checked the speaker and turned the little blue wheel on top left of the MPU. Open the door and push self test button twice, you should see a 2--_ in left window. use spin button to make it read 2--!
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:14:25 AM »
I changed it to 2  1 and still no sound. turned  blue volume both ways and no sound. I know speaker works cause I can play all sounds in the setting mode by pushing spin button but can't get any sound when in play mode.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 07:17:53 AM »
did you check the dip switches on board?

the rockin elvis

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 07:23:36 AM »
Dip switch is pushed down towards board which I was told is on.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
I've had some that needed contact cleaner sprayed on the volume pot and moved back and forth a few times.

the rockin elvis

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
Thanks a million! But what and where is a volume pot? I'm learning a lot and I'm doing ok for being at this for 2 days. Thanks again Elvis!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
The blue volume thing you were turning back and forth is a potentiometer (I think I spelled that right), aka "pot".
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »
Thanks guys but that didn't work. The battery on the board was changed recently, would that have any effect on it or do you have any other ideas?
  Thanks again!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken the dip switches should all be off for the 1271 chip, since everything is controlled in chip setting. If you look with a magnifying glass you will see the on and off. You need a small pointed object to change it.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken the dip switches should all be off for the 1271 chip, since everything is controlled in chip setting.

You're half right.  Yes, everything is controlled in the chip settings.  Because of that, the SP1271 doesn't care what the DIP switches are set to -- it ignores them, so they don't have to be set to anything.

The battery on the board was changed recently, would that have any effect on it or do you have any other ideas?

Yes, if the battery was changed and then the person used a CLEAR chip, all of your settings would have been wiped out.

You stated that the sounds work in the self-test.  That's good.  That means your speaker works and the volume is turned up.

Do you get a "DING" when you insert a coin?  If so, that really points to a setting for reel spin sounds that just needs to be re-enabled.

According to the PSR, the page zero option 2 controls the reel spin music.  The PSR states:

Reel-Spin Sound <0> [2]   Options are reel-spin tones and reel-stop sounds {0} or reel-spin tones only {1}.

This is wrong.  Despite what IGT claimed in the PSR, the two options are A) reel spin tones with the handle solenoid activated quickly at the stop of each reel (to generate the Clack, Clack, Clack of the reels stopping), OR B) no reel spin tones, simulated "stop" sound from the speaker only.

I'm not in front of a machine right now so I can't state which option (0 or 1) correlates to each of those two descriptions, but if you're not getting reel spin music on one of the settings, try the other setting.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 04:45:42 AM »
Thanks guys,
 Battery was changed but a clear chip was not used. The guy that changed the battery went into settings and  screwed them all up because he did not understand them when I got the machine 3 days ago it would go into jackpot mode on a 10 credit win with sound and lights flashing. I changed payout level so it doesn't do that any more. and you are right about dip switches cause I have tried them in different positions and it seems to make no difference how they are set. I do not get a ding when I insert a coin. No sound for reel spin or stop. no sound for credit wins. no sound at all. I have tried both of those settings and still no sound at all.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:11:56 AM by NEWSLOTTER »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 05:11:27 AM »
I do not get a ding when I insert a coin.

That's... not typical.  There's no way to disable that ding, other than to turn the volume all the way down or disconnect the speaker.  Since you indicated that you could get sound out of the speaker in the tests, that says to me that the volume is turned up and the speaker is indeed connected.

I'm usually the last one to suggest trying this, but I can only guess that something is a little corrupted, perhaps because of the dead battery and/or due to whatever your guy who changed the battery did with the settings, but I think at this point you don't have much to lose by trying a CLEAR chip on the machine.  Yes, you'll have to reconfigure your settings again, but it sounds like you're fairly comfortable with that (good!).  I can't think of any other reason why you'd get sounds in the test, but nothing, not even the ding of a coin being accepted, during live play. 

Do you have a CLEAR chip (and a SET chip to re-enable your bill validator, if you have a bill validator)?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »
I changed volume level in the test mode and that works. I don't have those chips but if you know where I can get them I will buy them. Do they come with instructions? My bill taker is not working now and I'm working on that in the dbv thread. Someone suggested a set chip to fix that also. I'm new to this, but I can follow directions. Thanks again!

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
I ordered the chips and will return to share the outcome later. Thanks to all that has helped me!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 06:52:28 AM »
I changed volume level in the test mode and that works.

Huh?   :Scratch-Head:

The SP1271 chip that you stated you have in your machine is for a 10 Mhz MPU board, which uses a blue potentiometer ("volume dial") mounted on the edge of the MPU board to adjust the level of the volume.  There are no settings in the self-test setup that allow you to change volume levels.

(Oh, are you saying that you were able to adjust the physical volume dial while you were getting the machine to play sounds in the test mode?  That makes a little more sense...)

My bill taker is not working now and I'm working on that in the dbv thread. Someone suggested a set chip to fix that also. I'm new to this, but I can follow directions.

If your bill validator isn't accepting bills, it could be because it's not enabled, and a SET chip is required to enable it.  It's generally a good idea to have a pair of SET and CLEAR chips on hand just in case, anyway.

Please note that when you use the CLEAR chip, it will erase all of your settings (including an enabled bill validator), so be sure to use the CLEAR chip prior to attempting to activate the bill validator with the SET chip.  Also, my advice is to use the CLEAR chip, then put your regular game chip back in and get the machine up and running with coins.  Once it's working normally with coins, then go ahead and use your SET chip to enable the bill validator.  You can enable the bill validator at any time -- it doesn't need to be done immediately following the clear.

Typically when you buy the pair of chips they come with instructions, but in case yours don't, here are instructions for you, courtesy of the folks at Ohio Gaming:

http://www.ohiogaming.com/replacementinstructions.htm

Start with the RAM clear procedure at the bottom of that page (starting with line 63).

Directions on how to use the SET chip to enable your bill validator and set the denomination (which is required so the machine knows how many credits to give per dollar) are found starting on line 31.

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 02:35:38 PM »
Thanks so much Kevin! I will let you know how it goes when my chips get here.

Offline NEWSLOTTER

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 05:44:14 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has helped me! I used the clear and set chip and my sound works, bill validator works. I'm a happy man. you guys are the best! :hail: :applause: :thank_you:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »
Glad it was a fairly simple fix.  That's an odd one, but glad to hear that the clear did the trick.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal