New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 3300 Headache  (Read 16031 times)

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ 3300 Headache
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »
Now when I turn on my machine I get the 3300 error or hopper empty message and it also says 1 coin inserted
I have emptied and shook the hopper tray out 2 or 3 times and the same thing happens on start up.  If I push the self test button 1 time the reels spin
and the hopper motor comes on even though the symbols don't match.  Usually it does not spit out coins.
Suggestions anyone? :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S+ 3300 Headache
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
From the other thread:
As you know 3300 means hopper low. It throws up this error when the hopper runs for a certain time without spitting out a coin. Make sure you have the right coin wheel, shelf wheel, the pinwheel is not worn out, and the knife is aligned property.  What denomination coins are in your hopper? There is a self test option to have it pay out 10 coins so you can watch and see what is happening with the door open.

See this thread on the old archive that may help
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4039.0

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I think the equipment is right as it was set on quarters when I got it but of course I could be wrong.  It is a two quarter machine and I did not press the cash out button.  I am not sure what the knife is or how to adjust it.  The door to the best of my knowledge is closed tightly.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 07:18:04 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I think the equipment is right as it was set on quarters when I got it but of course I could be wrong.  It is a two quarter machine and I did not press the cash out button.  I am not sure what the knife is or how to adjust it.  The door to the best of my knowledge is closed tightly.
See the thread I linked to. There are a few pictures.
Just because it is a quarter machine now, does not mean it always was, and the previous owner may not have changed the hopper parts.
The 3300 will return until cleared. Opening and closing the door should make the hopper try again. But it needs to be spitting out the coins within the alloted time or the error will return.

FYI, normally if one drops more coins in the slot than the machine is set to take (i.e. 4 coins when it's a 3 coin machine) the extra coin will drop to the tray. However, if one drops coins in too fast, or if the coin comparator rake has been wired open, any extra coins go into the hopper, then the machine will try to pay the excess out of the hopper. If it can't, you get the 3300

Best thing to do is run the coin output test and see what happens.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 07:33:57 PM »
I know this is old hat but check the slider behind the knife for a coin stuck underneath. Is the switch that counts coins out stuck down? The coin comparitor inserted all the way and looks like it's aligned? I know all this sounds dumb but electronics do weird things when they are all connected. One little thing can result in lots of strange errors. Also didn't you say the battery was changed recently? Check the MPU for acid damage that can cause problems that don't make sense. Trying to look for easy problems.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »
Could anyone tell me where I can find a picture of the slider and knife in the hopper and the switch that counts coins out.  How is this adjusted?  No battery acid on the board.  Not sure I know how to run the coin output?  I know I sound really ignorant, but I really am when it comes to slot machines.  I did try a different cpu board and got the same thing. 

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »
Sorry, but I do know what the knife looks like. 

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Let's back up just a bit. You said you power up the game and get 3300 correct? If you open and close the door, what happens? Does the hopper run again?

With the power off, pull the hopper out. Push in the brake (labeled pawl release) so you can manually turn the wheel. The second picture shows what a proper quarter wheel and shelf should look like (note the position of the quarter). One arrow points to the knife. The coins should ride up that knife and out the hopper (second arrow). Sometimes a coin gets stuck behind the knife causing other coins to drop back into the hopper. With the brake held in, you should be able to turn the hopper wheel and have coins come out the chute. If they aren't you can look and see why not.

I don't know the exact steps for doing the hopper test of the top of my head. I'm sure someone else can chime in with that.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 09:27:15 PM »
Having trouble finding the pawl stop on mine.  Pictures don't seem to match or maybe it's old age eyesight?
Also here is a pic of my shelf.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »
You definitely need a new agitator. The black rubber star in the center should have pointed (well, semi-pointed anyway) ends, yours are broke off. Could VERY well be why you are getting an error. The hopper is turning, but not moving the coins as it should. Any hesitation and the hopper will think its empty.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »
Is this hard to replace?  By that do I need to take alot of things apart to do this? Thanks! 

Another stupid question and I am sorry if there is a better place to post this, but I have posted dozens of messages on here as many of you know and am wondering how you can remove some of the old ones?  I read that there is suppose to be a remove button somewhere on the posts, but I am not finding it?  Also can you remove posts on locked threads?  Again I'm sorry about the placement of this, but I am very new here.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 10:30:48 PM »
Agitator is replaced by removing the black bucket (4 screws) and then the agitator/star itself is just 3 screws. The agitator runs about $10-12.

Don't worry about the extra posts, the admin (Darell/slots4home) will remove any that are unnecessary). No worries...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 05:35:51 AM »
The agitator is easy to replace, and while you should replace it, I don't think it's the sole cause of your 3300 error.

3300 is a "hopper empty" error.  What the machine is really saying is, "I've been turning the hopper and it should be spitting coins out, but I haven't detected that a coin has exited the machine in the past 10 seconds or so.  As such, the hopper must be empty."

In your case, the hopper clearly wasn't empty, but at the same time, coins aren't exiting either.

Yes, the agitator is necessary to help keep the coins moving around as the hopper wheel turns, but typical behavior of a broken/worn agitator is that the machine will spit out 20 or so coins, then give a "hopper empty" tilt.  If you agitate the coins by hand, it'll usually spit out another 20 or so coins before it gives the "hopper empty" tilt again.

The fact that it's not spitting out any coins makes me believe that there's a problem with the knife in your hopper.  As the hopper rotates, coins move up from the pinwheel, rest of the shelf wheel, and then get removed from the shelf wheel by the knife as they ride the final few inches past the coin-out optics (so the machine knows the coin is exiting the machine), and then they fall into the tray.  If the knife is worn or not lined up correctly, the coins can either slide behind the knife or otherwise fail to get picked up by the knife, causing them to just spin in a circle in the hopper and not exit the hopper, causing the machine to think that the hopper is empty.

You don't need hundreds of coins in there, especially for testing.  A small handful should work fine.

Your best bet would be to operate the hopper by hand with it outside of the machine to see exactly why the coins in there aren't exiting.  Once you have that figured out, you'll know what part to fix or replace.  Again, my hunch is that your knife is bad, but you can confirm that yourself by operating the hopper by hand with a small handful of coins in there.  It would be best to do that rather than just blindly throwing parts at it.

There are many threads here (and on the old site) about hoppers, including problems with hoppers not spitting out coins when they should.  Dig through the other posts and you'll find several helpful posts and some videos that show exactly how the hopper works so you'll know what to be looking for.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 07:42:06 AM »
Having trouble finding the pawl stop on mine.  Pictures don't seem to match or maybe it's old age eyesight?

I still would like to know if the hopper is actually running before throwing up the 3300 (i.e. open and close the door does it run again before giving the error). If the hopper is not turning, it's also going to error out, which means there is something else going on. 

Here is your picture. Just push that "arm" in the direction of the arrow (and hold it in) to release the brake to turn the coin wheel by hand. There is a gear reduction mechanism, so it will not be really easy to turn. It's usually easiest to grab the agitator to do that, but yours seems worn out.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »
Thanks! for the many great comments and your time in doing so.  Yes the hopper is running after I open and close the door before displaying the 3300 error message.  Being all thumbs with things how much does a replacement hopper run?  I guess I would almost rather buy a replacement rather than mess with  buying parts and adjusting it. 

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 08:03:41 AM »
Thanks! for the many great comments and your time in doing so.  Yes the hopper is running after I open and close the door before displaying the 3300 error message.  Being all thumbs with things how much does a replacement hopper run?  I guess I would almost rather buy a replacement rather than mess with  buying parts and adjusting it.

Ok, that is good that it is running. You could buy another one, but there really is not much to these. As noted it could be as simple as a coin stuck under the knife. Or the knife has moved out of alignment.

With the hopper out, there are 4 screws holding the black bowl to the unit. You will need a long Phillips screwdriver to remove it. They are the four screws with the springs. Once you have the bowl off, it will be easy to see what is going on. Plus you can then post pictures and people can tell you exactly what to do.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
When I turn the wheel it appears that they slide right under the knife??? and nothing falls out.  Agitator does look shot!  Hopefully this pic will help.  Also where does the small part shown separately go?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »
Very proud of you taking it apart. Good Job. Yes the knife is letting the coins go under it. There are 2 screws to the left of it you can loosen to adjust. It should ride flat on the wheel and bump against the raised part. Sometimes these get worn and won't sit flat. I have heated them with a heat gun and bent them slightly or you can get a new quarter knife. The metal part you have pictured fastens to the bowl to keep coins from overflowing out of the bowl. Not really needed unless you have a thousand coins in hopper. If you try the heat don't put the bowl back. Turn the hopper by hand to watch the coin come around and exit the chute. You may have to mess with it several times to get it right. Your on your way to being a slot tech.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »
Did I understand you to say the knife needs to be closer to the wheel so the quarters can't slide under it?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
Yes it needs to be flat against the wheel with the point touching the raised part the thickness of the quarter so the quarter can't slip behind it.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal