New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 3300 Headache  (Read 16032 times)

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S+ 3300 Headache
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 12:48:44 PM »
Very proud of you taking it apart. Good Job. Yes the knife is letting the coins go under it. There are 2 screws to the left of it you can loosen to adjust. It should ride flat on the wheel and bump against the raised part. Sometimes these get worn and won't sit flat. I have heated them with a heat gun and bent them slightly or you can get a new quarter knife.

Yep, good job with him taking it apart and finding the problem.  :applause:  I also agree with being able to bend it back by heating. Worse case it should be fixed long enough to order a new knife and a new agitator.

After looking at the picture again, it looks like the knife may have just slipped down over the shelf plate. The tip should be just above the rim of the shelf plate as seen here. You can adjust it with those two phillips screws. Make sure there is not a coin wedged up in there someplace.

Here is a knife for under $5 shipped (you want the one for small coins)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-Knife-IGT-58506400-/121591349070

And an agitator for about $13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-SLOT-MACHINE-Hopper-3-Star-Agitator-/151543226258
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:07:08 PM by TexasMark »

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
Thanks! I did order another agitator and a knife.  I tried several times and could not get the knife close enough to the wheel to make the coins exit.  I could of course get it to work by using my hand and applying pressure to the knife to get it closer to the wheel and when I did this it did release the coins.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
Thanks! I did order another agitator and a knife.  I tried several times and could not get the knife close enough to the wheel to make the coins exit.  I could of course get it to work by using my hand and applying pressure to the knife to get it closer to the wheel and when I did this it did release the coins.

Well, while you are waiting for the parts, it can not hurt to try using a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up and bend it. Take it off first of course.  In any case, I'm 99.99% sure this problem will be solved with the new parts.

You can also try to sandwich something (like a piece of tin) between that metal plate that is in front of the knife to apply pressure to the knife like you are doing with your hand.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »
The first knife I bent was with a torch. I figured it was not working anyway what would it hurt. Ended up working. Changed it when I got a new one. Now I keep a couple on hand. 
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:18 PM »
At last!  Took a heat gun to the knife and was able to bend it just enough to cause the coins to go out the coin chute.  The machine now plays and everything works with a few quirks!  This is a Five Pays, Double Spin two quarter machine. Played over 100 plays and payouts seemed mostly correct except it paid out 2 coins on the following read outs: 
7 , 2 bars, 1bar
2 bars, 1 bar, blank
2 bars, blank, 1 bar
2 bars, 2 bars, 1 bar
2 bars, blank, blank

Also, how do you make the credits stay on the machine instead of spitting out coins each time?
The maximum 2 credit button I some times have to hit several times to work
The bet one credit button does not appear to work at all.
I am guessing I just need to check the switch connections on these, but I have not taken the time to do so. 
Last of all, my glass says Double Spin Fives Machine.  Isn't the third reel suppose to spin to improve the winnings once in a while on this machine?  I have not seen that so I am guessing it may be the wrong glass?
Any way, THANKS! to all as I am very happy that I can now play this machine with for the most part success.  Many, Many thanks! to all who had the patience to help me out with this. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 03:16:59 AM »
You got a real Frankenstein for your first machine. First off your SS7205 in not for double spin 5. Second, I see you had a SP1271 in your board. Why did you change it to SP709? Here are instructions to set options so wins go to credit.  All setting changes require 0 credits on the machine before entering setup mode.

•With the machine turned on and in idle mode, open the door press the white test button 2 times
•You should see "2  n" in the winner paid/credits windows, where n= 0 or 1. Press the spin button until it reads "2  1”
               This enables the spin sounds.
•Turn the jackpot key once. This advances through the setup sub-menu
•You should see "5  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "5  0"
               This will make all wins automatically go to the credit meter. You will not have to turn on the credit button before playing.
•Turn the jackpot key three times.
•You should see "8  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "8  1"
               This will force all bills inserted to go to the credit meter. You will never accidentally end up cashing out your bill.
                  [ADD 5-30-2011] It turns out that this setting has to be enabled when the dbv is set up using the SET chip. If the SET chip option is
                  configured as disabled, this option can't be changed and all bills will always go to the tray. If the SET chip option is configured as enabled,
                  then the option is set here. If enabled, a set chip is NOT required to change this setting.
                      Thanks Poppo and Stayouttadabunker for this info. 

•Turn the jackpot key once
•Press the white test button to "return" to the main menu and advance through it until you get to option group 7

{stop the first time you see a “7” in the Coins-In display}
•Set your hopper and credit limits as follows:
               Note: To set these values, turn the jackpot reset key to change the selected (flashing) digit. Press the spin button to increment the
                          flashing digit.
•[7-1] 0000   Maximum number of credits that will actually cash out from your hopper.

Zero effectively disables the hopper, but you can use a low number to match the number of coins that you have, if you wish.
                               If you have more credits than the value set here on the meter, pressing cash out will become a hand pay that is cleared with
                               the key.
•[7-2] 1200  This will cause all single wins of 1201 or more to lock up as a jackpot with lights flashing. Set this between the highest win that you

want to pay out normally and the lowest win that you want to lock up as a jackpot. Jackpot wins cleared with the jp key
                           "disappear" and are not added to the credit meter (although they are added to the jackpot meter in the bookkeeping menus.)
•[7-3] 9999  All single wins of equal to or less than the value set in [7-2] (1200 or less in this case) will go to the credit meter as long as the final

number of credits is less than 10,000.
•[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.
•[8]    0000  optional.  Partial pay on lockups. If you want some of your jackpot or lockup amounts to pay from the hopper, set this
                                 to the number of coins you want to pay out. This number cannot be higher than the hopper limit setting [7-1].
•Press the white test button one final time after making your last setting change to be sure that the changes stick
•Close the door
Until you change your SS chip it will not pay properly. Follow this link to choose a chip #. http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Spin%20Five%20Times%20Pay%20(2%20Coin%20M.htm

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 08:54:54 AM »
No!, I think I have a Frankenstein for an operator??  Wow! To do all of this that you have listed on this page looks like it will take me a month or more.  Any way, this is my fault.  I sent a picture of the top of my machine to JJ Slots and he said I have a Five Pay Machine.  Any way come to find out the bottom glass says Double Spin Five Pay machine.  I do think he sent me a 1271 chip though.  Trouble is I have 2 chips that are unmarked.  I know somewhere I read that to check these you put them in the machine and push the white button 4 times?  I have 2 boards.  The first one has a SP 731 and a SS 6248 reel chip in it.  The second board has a SP 709 and a SS 6247 reel chip in it.  I also have an SP 810 and a SS 6276 chips that are not currently in a board.  i have 2 seperate unmarked chips that are not in any board.  This was my fault as I told the slot machine company where I got the board and the chips that are in the two boards that I had a Five Pays Machine and not a Double Spin Five Pays machine. 
Are you confused yet? I am.  Any way, will any of these chips named work in my machine or what would you suggest doing next besides getting a different operator? 

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
Another question I have is if I put one of these unmarked chips in either the reel slot or the game chip slot on the board will this hurt anything as I am not sure if the unmarked chips are game or reel chips?
Do I need to do any kind of clear (please say no) before doing some of this?  I will wait until I hear back before proceeding.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
If you have a 2 coin Double Spin Five Pay machine and assuming the reel strips are correct, here is a list of game chips that will work. Note: Verify the pay tables match your glass.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Spin%20Five%20Times%20Pay%20(2%20Coin%20M.htm

As for the unmarked chips, it will not hurt the board to put them in the the wrong sockets (provided they are not inserted upside down). However, it is possible it can corrupt the CMOS or EEPROM and require a clear. It's also possible one of those chips is a clear chip, so.......

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »
Jules, those steps I gave you are less the 3 minutes to do. If you want to call me we'll do those real quick. I wouldn't mess with those unmarked chips for fear of not knowing. As far as your SS chip we need to figure which reel strips you have in there. 5X or Double 5X. Line up all 3 reels at their starting point and turn them together to see if all 3 are the same. What do your strips say? 5X or double 5X? Your getting close.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »
Unfortunately the 1271 if I even have it is one of the unmarked chips.  Not sure if this is a Five Pay or Double Five Pay?  The reels have only the 5s with the circle around them where the outside glass seems to indicate otherwise??
Maybe it's the reel strips are wrong??

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
According to my list the reel strips for that game are 84859700, 84859700, 84604600 which means the first two strips are the same and the third one is different. Maybe someone else can confirm, but I think you may have the wrong strips for the glass. And you may also have the wrong reel chip too. Getting the right reel chip is the easy part. But if you have the wrong strips or glass, you need to decide which way to go. Or perhaps just get a totally different kit (glass, strips and chip).

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2015, 06:05:23 PM »
I forgot to mention the first reel is different from the middle and end reel.  The middle and end reels match all the way around.  The first reel is different except for one or two spots at the very end starting at the 5's such as the single bars where all three match.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »
I forgot to mention the first reel is different from the middle and end reel.  The middle and end reels match all the way around.  The first reel is different except for one or two spots at the very end starting at the 5's such as the single bars where all three match.

Hmmm... I wonder if reel  1 or 2 & 3 are just swapped.  If you look at the link above, you will see in the chart "AAB" which means strips 1 & 2 are the same and strip 3 is different. However, you still may not have the correct strips and /or game chip. You can alway try just swapping basket 1 & 3 and see what happens. The cable just unplugs from under the reel tray and you slide the whole basket out.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2015, 08:30:06 PM »
Boy! Am I ever getting an education not that I necessarily wanted it.  Looking at my slot reels they are number 1 to 3 from right to left so it only makes sense that they should read 1 to 3 left to right.  I have ordered the two Double Spin slot chips from Tim at JJ Slots.  I also ordered a 1271 which will give me some flexibility in the two games I hope.  Unfortunately I am having total knee replacement this coming Monday so you may not hear a whole lot from me from this point on.  If I get around to it I will try to get back on the board when the chips come before Monday.  I can't thank such people as (therockinelvis, Texas Mark, Jim, CV slots, Midwest slots, knagl, and many more enough.  You have been very patient with me and I really appreciate it.  I will get back on here as soon as I am feeling better.
THANKS! MANY TIMES OVER for putting up with my ignorance.   

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2015, 10:01:27 PM »
Best wishes for your surgery and, more importantly, you're recovery Jules! That slot machine will be there whenever you are ready to tackle it again (they are very patient)!!!! You rest up and heal quickly and we will see you back here when you are ready! You've conquered the hard parts, the rest is all gravy!
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 06:14:07 AM »
Everything I see for 5X 2 coin have all 3 strips the same AAA. The chips you have are for a five times pay with all 3 reel strips being the same. The 6247 is 95% and 6248 is 92%. Good Luck with your surgery. You'll be up and walking Tuesday morning. Then Physical Therapy (everyone best friend). Before you go ordering parts check the numbers on those strips. Will be at the seam, I think you can hold a light behind them and see the numbers. Then you can order a new strip or find a chip that works with those maybe.

the rockin elvis

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 06:27:59 AM »
Everything I see for 5X 2 coin have all 3 strips the same AAA.

Except this is a Double Spin 5 Times Pay (at least the glass is) which is AAB
http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%202CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Spin%20Five%20Times%20Pay%20(2%20Coin%20M.htm

IMO, the first thing to do is to make sure the strips and glass to match. Finding the right reel chip is the easy part.  And seeing how he has two identical strips and one different, but the reels are in the wrong order, may indicate he has the correct strips.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »
My mistake. I thought the strips would say double spin. Scratch what I said and go with Poppo

the rockin elvis

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 06:37:29 AM »
My mistake. I thought the strips would say double spin. Scratch what I said and go with Poppo
Maybe they should. That is part of the problem. Not sure if those are actually the right ones either.

For the Double Spin 5X pay, the PAR shows this for the strip layout
Line #   1 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   2 3B 3B 2B     
Line #   3 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   4 R7 R7 FS     
Line #   5 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   6 1B 1B 1B     
Line #   7 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #   8 2B 2B 2B     
Line #   9 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  10 FS FS 7B     
Line #  11 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  12 1B 1B 3B     
Line #  13 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  14 7B 7B 1B     
Line #  15 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  16 3B 3B R7     
Line #  17 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  18 CH CH 2B     
Line #  19 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  20 2B 2B 3B     
Line #  21 ~~ ~~ ~~     
Line #  22 1B 1B 1B     

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal