New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 3300 Headache  (Read 16033 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ 3300 Headache
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 06:41:01 AM »
Like I said earlier. That machine is a Frankenstein. A bunch of mismatched parts.  It's a wonder Jules didn't give up on it. Lots of challenges for us too.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 07:07:37 AM »
the only way to determine what strips he has is too compare the numbers or the symbols, I'm thinking the strips are the right ones, worst case , in the wrong position, but that's easy to figure out using test #4.

He needs the right SS chip for this game, and he also needs a special SP chip for this game. He needs a TYPE 20  SP chip.  This game will spin and give you an outcome, if the first and second reels have a potential winning combo  and the third reels does not, then the third reel will spin again and try to match and give you a winning combo. it also plays a little tune during that re-spin, I think it's "were in the money"   I don't have a list of SP chips that will run a type 20 game or I would have suggested one.

Good luck with your surgery, we will get this thing running.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 07:16:31 AM »
Now that sounds wicked cool for a S+. Kind of like Money Storm and Haywire then?

the rockin elvis

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 07:16:57 AM »
He needs a TYPE 20  SP chip.  This game will spin and give you an outcome, if the first and second reels have a potential winning combo  and the third reels does not, then the third reel will spin again and try to match and give you a winning combo. it also plays a little tune during that re-spin, I think it's "were in the money"   I don't have a list of SP chips that will run a type 20 game or I would have suggested one.

According to my list (which may not be complete or totally accurate), the following are type 20
SP810
SP1077
SP1228
SP1249

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »
Thanks!
TJJ slots said the strips for both games are the same.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:17 AM »
Thanks!

For which games?
It's really important to know the exact  name of games as there are some that are similar, but use different strips (and different SS chips).

FYI , there are several places to determine what strips are needed. The first is the "bible" which I linked to above. It will show the glass, the SS chips needed and whether or not the strips are identical for all three reels or different (i.e. AAA, AAB, ABC). Next, one can look at the PAR sheet for a specific SS chip. In this case, I used the one for SS0317 (referenced in the bible) and posted the strip layout above. And as you can see, it matches that the 3rd strip is different.

However, for Double 5x Pay, the bible lists all 3 strips the same (AAA) and the PAR sheet for one of those SS chips confirms that all three strips are the same.

So I do not know what games TJJ slots was referring to, but the strips are not the same between 2 coin Double Spin 5x Pay, and 2 coin Double 5x Pay

The bottom line is unless you have the proper matching glass, strips, and correct SP/SS chips, payouts are going to be all screwed up.

So what I would do, is swap reels 1 & 3 since they are most likely backwards. Then using that symbol list I posted earlier, see if the symbols match up (be sure you start with all 3 reels in the same spot, i.e., where the seam is) and see if they match the list. If so, then all you need is the right chips.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »
Thanks.  That info is very helpful.  Tim was referring to a Five Pay and a Double Spin Five Pay.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 01:22:27 PM »
look at the reel strips, where they come together, lift that seam and read the numbers, that will tell you what strips you have. then we could figure out the rest.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
look at the reel strips, where they come together, lift that seam and read the numbers, that will tell you what strips you have. then we could figure out the rest.

Jim

That will work, but I always try to do that as a last resort. Some of the older strips can get messed up depending on age and what the last owner did (I've seen some glued together).

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:11 PM »

Tim was referring to a Five Pay and a Double Spin Five Pay.

So I do not know what games TJJ slots was referring to, but the strips are not the same between 2 coin Double Spin 5x Pay, and 2 coin Double 5x Pay

Mark is right on the money here.  A standard Five Times Pay game uses the same strips for all three reels.  There's also a game called "Double Five Times Pay" which also uses the same strips for all three reels.  However, the "Double Spin Five Times Pay" game is a different beast, and uses reel strips in an "A-A-B" configuration -- that is, the first two reels are identical, and the third reel is different.

Based on the picture you provided in Reply #30, you have a 2-coin Double Spin Five Times Pay kit in your machine.

As Mark suggested, compare your reel strips to the ones he posted in Reply #39.  If the symbols of two of your strips match the first two reels, and your "odd" strip matches the third reel in his diagram, you're just about in business.  Place the "odd" reel in the 3rd reel position (regardless of what the label on the physical reel says), and once you have the correct SP and SS chips, you'll have the correct payouts and the "double spin" feature on the third reel when the reels stop and the payout could be improved without risking losing anything by spinning the third reel one more time.

Now that sounds wicked cool for a S+. Kind of like Money Storm and Haywire then?

Not exactly.  As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, the "double spin" feature kicks in when the first two reels line up for a potential win, and the third reel does not.  The third reel only will spin one more time to attempt to improve the result.  The third reel will ONLY spin if it can potentially improve the payout for the first spin, AND it won't risk losing a win that it already generated.  Some examples:

Triple Bar, Triple Bar, Single Bar -- reel 3 will NOT re-spin since it could land on a blank and negate the mixed bar win
Triple Bar, Red 7, Triple Bar -- reel 3 will NOT re-spin since it cannot improve the result (zero)

Triple Bar, Triple Bar, Blank - reel 3 will re-spin as the outcome can be improved without risk of losing anything
Triple Bar, Single Bar, Red 7 - reel 3 will re-spin as the outcome can be improved without risk of losing anything
Cherry, Blank, Red 7 - reel 3 will re-spin as the outcome can be improved (a 5x Pay symbol will improve the cherry payout) without risk of losing anything
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 05:55:06 AM »
WOW, thanks for all that information. This will be in my mind forever. Hope to come across one of these in the future. I would have been flipping had I got one to repair and seeing that third reel do it's thing. It sounds like JULES got a headache and a really COOL machine too.

the rockin elvis

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
The reel strip without a cherry on it goes on reel 3.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2015, 07:56:12 AM »
WOW, thanks for all that information. This will be in my mind forever. Hope to come across one of these in the future. I would have been flipping had I got one to repair and seeing that third reel do it's thing. It sounds like JULES got a headache and a really COOL machine too.

I have a 3 coin chop top award glass and reel strips. Not sure where the belly glass is.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
I now have my reels numbered left to right 1 to 3 instead of right to left 1 to 3 and the reel without the cherry is on the far right.  Now when I get the right chips and the replacement knife and agitator I should be in business.
Thanks! for all the kind comments.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2015, 10:58:06 AM »
Try to do a video of it. I would like to see it in action.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
Me too. It sounds like a fun game.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2015, 12:55:30 AM »
I now have my reels numbered left to right 1 to 3 instead of right to left 1 to 3 and the reel without the cherry is on the far right.

There you go -- that's the correct configuration anyway.

Reel 1, Reel 2, Reel 3 (in that order)
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal