New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Do i clear first or just KEY CHIP? When going higher than 25 cent level  (Read 5206 times)

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • vegasbaby New User barely matters.vegasbaby New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Hi

Just in stalled new game into my S2000. Before it was multi denom at 1-2-3-5 cents. Now I'm  staying Multi denom but moving up to $1-$5-$10 & $20 dollars. Since I'm moving higher over the 25 cent level,should i clear first ?

THANKS
MARK
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:50:45 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
As long as your going up in value per credit you should not need to clear.  A way to check is to go into the menu "7" (without key chipping) and check the "Accounting Denomination".  As long as its value is less then $1, which it probably is, then you should only have to key chip the machine and change the Play Denomination values.  If you were going in the opposite direction, then likely you would have to do a full clear.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:41:52 PM by BettorSlots »

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Re: KEY CHIP NOT WORKING?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »
HI

Just keyed the machine using KEY CHIP 31 & repeated those steps 3 times  before re installing SB chip. And once i power back up im not getting 7 KEY CHIP CONFIG,im only getting the basic menu,that you can get by pushing white button with out key chip. So at this point what am i doing wrong ? Do i have wrong key chip ? Would clear be needed now if just keying machine isnt working? The game plays just fine,but at old settings.

MARK

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
Are there credits in the machine?  You must cash out any and all credits before key chipping a machine.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
No credits on the machine

Offline BettorSlots

• Supporting Vendors
    • Bettor Slots
unusual....when you put the key chip in are you getting to amber lights on the board before you turn off?

I've had rare instances where the key chip is bad or the something board is bad and does not key chip.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Yes i get the two amber lights,then turn off power,remove key chip,install sb,then power up,and then the machine ,gos through the steps,but never ends up where i needed it to be. I have repeated the key chip process 4 times with same results. Some times i will key,then turn power off,then key two more times,and then i put the sb chip back in then get the same results.

Offline Harp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
You don't mention the type of Board you are using, except to say you are using Key31, maybe the wrong KeyChip

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
HI

It is a 502 board. I do have a 504 if that will solve the issues.

THANKS
MARK

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Mark,

after you put in the key chip, power up, two amber lights come on, power down, replace SB chip, power up , game comes on ready to play. 

Usually, when something goes wrong the machine knows what you were attempting to do and it will display a message in the VFD, "key chip attempt failure"

being a multi-denom game, are you sure there isn't an odd ball credit renaming on the machine,  if its set up for coins, when you cash out it will pay off the closest amount  and show that on the display, however, if there were 4 cents remaining, the cash out lamp will come on, and it is telling you to change denom and play off the odd ball amount.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Re: Do i clear first or just KEY CHIP? When going higher than 25 cent level
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »
HI

100% sure no credits left on machine,i cashed it out to read zero before key chip. Machine is coinless.

The first time i keyed chipped the machine,i did get some error messages
#1 BASE EPROM CRC MISMATCH
#2 NON RECOVERBLE DATA ERROR
#3 DISPLAY NETLINK IS DOWN,

i did see about 20% of pixels were missing,so replaced it. Re keyed,installed sb chip,and machine went through all its normal testing,just never ending at KEY CONFIG MENU.
The game just remains at all the old setting & will play at all the old settings.
I do have a spare 504 board,if you think that might help.

THANKS
MARK

Offline BiggerHammer

• Reputation Power: 23
  • BiggerHammer New User barely matters.BiggerHammer New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 11:42:30 AM »
Your not closing the door after you go back in with the SB are you?

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
No i leave the door open

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »
rather than beat around the bush, give us some more information:  what game was in the machine before you changed, what game is in it now?  did you go into the menu and check and see what the account denom and coin denom was set at?  what chips were changed when you did the swap?  did any of the settings get switched back to default settings?   

worst thing! clear the machine and start over from scratch.  takes maybe 20 minutes tops to do this.   

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Re: THANKS FOR THE HELP
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »
Well i hate to fess up,but i need to take my punishment when I'm the cause. Yes i did cash out this machine a few days ago,and never looked close at the display,sure enough there was still 4 cents still on the machine. So cashed that amount out and re keyed & was able to get to the key config menu & got the machine all programed to my settings. Once again i thank all who helped me. I knew keying was not that hard from about 3 years ago,and its not if you remove 100% of the credits before keying.

THANKS
MARK

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
It happens...WAYYYY more than any of us want it admit...just glad you got it!!!!  :applause: :applause:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal