New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with a printer problem  (Read 4244 times)

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • wcw1223 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with a printer problem
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
I have a Ithaca Epic 950 IGT Netplex Ticket Printer installed in my S2000. It had been working fine (printing payouts). This morning when I turned on the machine I got a SAS down message. That has gone away but now I am getting a sorry the printer is not available when I cash out and it goes to a handpay. The printer prints ok test tickets form both the printer and the machine test.
[/size]
Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/size][size=78%]   [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Bill[/size]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:04:06 AM by Ron (r273) »
Retired and doing only what I want to

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Help with a printer problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:56:27 AM »
Do you have TITO installed?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »

Good to hear from you Rick it's been a while. I am trying to get back into the swing of things and get all of my machine updated with a few things and start enjoying them again. I really missed you guys.

I have one order. Last night when I installed the printer it work fine. When I cash out it printed a ticket. Today it goes to a hand pay no ticket.

Bill

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
I would check to see if your ticket validation is set to standard.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
The validation is set to system standard and for the printer to allow hand pays to be printer.

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »
Rick,

I just read a post Jim of Midwest slots posted and he was having the same problem on 2011.

Read every post related to this subject. tried every suggestion mentioned.  have three machines doing the same exact thing.Machines are coinless, no hopper,no coin. ticket printer is enabled  SG363 game chips. machines were working fine until I started to print tickets. the first few worked like they should, the next one out!  printed the ticket then came the error " PRIMARY SAS DOWN"  suggestions were to disable the SAS by setting the address to 0. the address on my machine is at 001, the channel is 2, I cannot get the third digit to stop on 0. link  down is enabled,  cleared one machine by setting the validation to "system" (it was on standard) after changing that and nothing else, the primary sas down went away , game operated fine , when cashed out the machine would generate a handpay instead of a print ticket. (would have to clear the jackpot hand pay by using jackpot reset key , 0.75cent payout)  all machines worked until I printed the third or fourth ticket , then the error appeared.Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.Thanks in advance

I sent him a PM and ask him how he solved the problem

Bill
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:30:44 PM by wcw1223 »

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
Re: Help with a printer problem (Problem Solved)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »

Problem Solved

Thanks for the help. I solve the problem at least for right now by doing a clear chip and setting everything to default.

Bill

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 08:22:26 AM »
Bill,    yes it was a setting that was causing the problem.

Key Chip 1
system bonus  disabled
cashless controller  disabled

Key Chip 2
validation type   standard mode
validation security  disabled
printer   enabled
handpay validation   don't validate handpay receipt
restricted tickets  disabled
voucher redemption  disabled
voucher limitfollows bill limit
change voucher  disabled
coinless mode  enabled

Machine options
comm options
sas primary address  001
sas channel   off

sas primary linkdown   disable

sas hand pay     hand pay  single report
sas game events    game events enabled

secondary address   001
channel  off
linkdown  disabled
handpay  single report
game evevts  enabled

sas config  cashless primary
wamm address  00
channel  off.

set all these, and the machine printed a ticket every time.

P.S.   the problem we were having: the machine would print maybe on or two tickets then display  sas down

Jim

o

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »
Thanks Jim! I will do as stated.

Bill

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal