New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill validator problem  (Read 6848 times)

luckyspin09876

Bill validator problem
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
I just got a S2000 slot and the bill validator takes the bill in and then in a few seconds  it spits the bill back out.   Can some one tell what i need to do to fix it. Thanks again to all of you.  ( I thank it is a type 24/23 )

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bill validator problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »
What denomination are you trying? If you didn't use a one dollar note, try that first, then try a twenty. Did it work before? Will it take coins?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
Topic moved to S 2000

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »
Are you sure this is an S2000 not an S+? If the transport is also a WBA 11 the software could be outdated for some of the newer bills.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:21:33 AM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
Are you sure this is an S2000 not an S+? If the transporter is also a WBA 11 the software could be outdated for some of the newer bills.

That's where I was going with this. Not sure why mod moved this. :Scratch-Head:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

luckyspin09876

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
Not sure why Darrell keeps moving my topic to vision machines. It is a 3 reel S2000 slot machine. And I have tried every different denomination and old bill and the new ones. Any ideal on what I can do. Darrell please move my topic back.

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
You stated it was a s 2000 machine and this is the right forum, not splus

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 05:03:12 PM »
Yes this is for S2000. You have a BV for a S+. WBA 11 is old for an S+ at that. You will need a WBA 13 head at least. I didn't look at the transport as it may need to be changed along with your BV harness. There seems to be a lot of mismatched machines popping up and the Owners are having a real tough time. I got one a couple days ago. Reels and chips different from glass and each other. Post a picture of your machine or answer this question. Does it have a SPEAKER on each side of the top box like ears? If yes, S2000 if no, then S+. If you tell us the wrong information we have no way to tell.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »
If this is the Double Diamond machine you have under not taking coins. Then it is a [big]S PLUS[/big] Forget what was said about WBA 13. A picture of the bottom of the BV under the head would be helpful to show what version is on it.

the rockin elvis

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:58 PM »
Yes this is for S2000. You have a BV for a S+. WBA 11 is old for an S+ at that. You will need a WBA 13 head at least. I didn't look at the transport as it may need to be changed along with your BV harness. There seems to be a lot of mismatched machines popping up and the Owners are having a real tough time. I got one a couple days ago. Reels and chips different from glass and each other. Post a picture of your machine or answer this question. Does it have a SPEAKER on each side of the top box like ears? If yes, S2000 if no, then S+. If you tell us the wrong information we have no way to tell.
Just in case this helps, pictures of S2000 and S+

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
Based on the picture where you can see the back connector, it is a WBA12/13.  If it is an S2000, then the vfd would show a messae complaining about the BV or it would disable it.  But since it is taking the bill, I'm thinking it has to do with credit limits or something, or the head needs to be calibrated.  Make sure all the dip switches on the validator are in the down position.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline wcw1223

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • wcw1223 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 07:34:43 AM »
Again I stand to be corrected but I don't think a WBA-11 will work with new bills. I upgraded to WBA 13's with the lateness software and solved the problem.
Retired and doing only what I want to

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »
Again I stand to be corrected but I don't think a WBA-11 will work with new bills. I upgraded to WBA 13's with the lateness software and solved the problem.

Bill, WBA-10, 11, 12 and 13 all take new bills.  Just need to update the firmware.  10's an d 12's have to be flashed, and 11's and 13's just get a new chip.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 07:58:02 AM »
IF THIS MACHINE IS A S-2000    as Rick stated, from the picture ,you have a WBA-12/13 transport unit, flip it over, if there is an eprom visible, there might be some information on it as to the IDO and  version, if no eprom then the unit is flashed.
Note the positions of the dip switches (located on the right side of the unit) they should all be down (off position).  A WBA- 11 head can be used on any transport unit.

If you want to see if the unit will work follow these steps:
pull out the transport, pull out the cash can, on the back of the bill acceptor assembly, there is a wiring harness that comes from the connector that mates up with the transport when it is installed. there are four connectors  in this harness, only three are used, unplug the large connector that has 4/5 wires. let the small 2 pin connector hooked up( +13vdc) and the large 2 pin connector (goes to the front door lamp bezel). NOW--put dip switches 1-2-3-& 8  in the on position (up) put the transport in the machine, turn on the power, now turn switch #8 off, unit should cycle briefly, now insert bills into the unit, they should be accepted and end up in the cash can area, you could do this for every bill you want to test, as long as you want , if the transport works, then it is good. now un do everything  to get back to square one.  connect the plug you disconnected on the back of the unit, place all the DIPS in the off position (down), put the transport and cash can back in the machine. If the unit did accept all your bills, then it is doing what it is supposed to be doing and your problem is elsewhere.

three things to check in the machine:
input/output tests    go to auto config, and do the auto config and see that  the  bill acceptor is installed, usually cycles.
in the accounting section, go to version accounting,  keep pressing the cashout button  it will cycle and display all the information about the chips installed in the machine, including the version and IDO of the bill acceptor.
as rick stated, check the limits section under the machine options.
and you can run a bill validator test in the input/output test .

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
I went back through luckyspins posts. He has 1 S+ and 2 S2000. So I guess we are dealing with a S2000

the rockin elvis

luckyspin09876

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
Thank all of you I have learned a lot. So I took the board out of the head and cleaned it and it started working. I put 30 bills through it 5's 10's  20's  new and old bill's. now it is doing the same thing. what do you all think may be the problem. It is a WBA-11-ss 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 10:12:55 PM »
It is important to understand what determines a WBA 10/11 or WBA 12/13.  The head is the same in all 4, so even if the head has a sticker that says WBA 11, but your transport is a WBA 12/13, you in essence have a WBA 12/13.  WBA 10 is flash upgradable software, WBA 11 is eprom based, both of these only accept currency one way, with head up and to the left.  WBA 12 is flash upgradable, WBA 13 is eprom based, both of these accepts currency inserted any way (4 way acceptance).  Your picture shows a connector on the transport for a WBA12/13.  If you look under the transport and see a big EPROM, you have a WBA13, if you see a surface mounted flash chip, you have a WBA12.  You do not have a wba 11 because your head has a sticker, only the transport determines what you have.  That being said, some members have had issues with the rollers, where the bills "slip" and do not get read at the right speed or gets read errors as the bill passes through the readers.  I would clean all rollers in the head and try again.  A member here fixed his validator by changing the rubber washers that pull the bill through.  He bought some "close enough" replacements at his local hardware store and replaced the stiff, dried up ones on his head unit.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
That being said, some members have had issues with the rollers, where the bills "slip" and do not get read at the right speed or gets read errors as the bill passes through the readers.  I would clean all rollers in the head and try again.  A member here fixed his validator by changing the rubber washers that pull the bill through.  He bought some "close enough" replacements at his local hardware store and replaced the stiff, dried up ones on his head unit.

That was me. If I can find my thread, I'll post it. I had two units where bills weren't being pulled in or out with much force. It ended up being the O rings on the entry area. Once I replaced those, they worked fine. Usually I've started with cleaning the lenses first - NOT with alcohol though!
Here's my horribly long thread on my eventual replacement of the O rings. It should help give you some more insight I hope! I should create a "how to" guide for just the O ring part.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3981.3
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:45:32 AM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal