New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Bill Validator - I've Tried Everything - Any Ideas???  (Read 12613 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S+ Bill Validator - I've Tried Everything - Any Ideas???
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:52 PM »
I believe the version is 2.54-04-03  (32FC)

I didn't see that one listed at JCM, but there is a similar one. It is 2.51-04-03 (32FC) Could that be it??  If that's it I don't think it will work with the $5 bill you are using, unless you've saved one of the old small head bills that was made in 2003 or earlier. With that DBV software I think you are pretty much stuck with using $1 bills.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:06:01 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »
Something else to check. Most of the IGT S+ machines use the ID-023 protocol but some (older?) ones use ID-022. It varies by the SP chip on your mpu. According to this list by knagl you can check your SP chip on the mpu board, hopefully it is listed in this posting. If not maybe someone here can verify if that is a concern or not. Or you could set your DBV for ID-022 and try it. If it doesn't work you can switch it back to ID-023. To change the protocol from -023 to -022 just move dipswitch #10 on the bottom of the DBV.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.0

Keep in mind this BV ID protocol question is just a wild shot, sounds like you've checked and tried most everything else except clearing the machine. But since we don't know if that BV ever worked in that machine it's possible it was just stuck in there somewhere along the way. If you have another IGT machine with a DBV-145 or DBV-200 you can swap it with this one to see if it works.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:26:07 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »
I have a friend and his DBV was not working either. After hours of checking and installing a known good DBV200 still nothing. Then I noticed a small toggle switch on the inside front door near the hinge. Flipped it and that was it. I have seen that little toggle many times and wondered what it did.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
I would revisit the settings in #7, there are two sets in that test, the first is the max number of coins paid out by the hopper , the second number is the bill credit limit,  #8  is the partial payout.  I will set all these to 1000.   usually one of the digits is flashing when you get to these tests, you could use the service button to move the flashing digit to the next number, then use the spin button to advance the number to the one you want, do this for all three settings. closing the door will save the new settings.  see if this will turn on the bezel lamps.

to test the head only,  unplug the power lead (white plug) from the left side of the head, this will remove power from the unit, unscrew the one screw that holds the head to the transport, undo the long plug on the right side of the head (it goes to the transport board), there are two sets of switches on the bottom of the head, the small set, 1-6 switches, turn #6 on, now plug in the head to the power lead, turn #6 off, unit should cycle briefly, now you can insert bills into the head, they should be accepted and returned out the back of the head, you will be able to determine what bills your head will accept, if it goes through it will accept that type bill, if it rejects it, then you can get an idea of  what version software you have. now reassemble the unit, you should know if the head is good.

Hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline gwaltman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gwaltman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Thanks everyone for your recommendations thus far. I'm completely stumped now .  After trying everything here and on other posts, I'm ready to give the clear a try. Some people have said it's complicated to setup after the RAM clear. Can someone point me to the setup procedures after a RAM clear?
Gary Waltman - Slot Newbie
Gilbert, AZ

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »
What SP chip are you using?

After the clear, you should be able to just re-enable the BV and reset the denomination witht he set chip to see if the issue is resolved. The rest of the settings (if any) will be minor. But once we know what SP chip you have, we can wakl you though the rest of them.

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »
Is your Bill Acceptor and credit limits set so it can take bills?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 05:05:41 PM »
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=514.0

Here are the typical settings for an S+. You will probably need these after a clear.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline gwaltman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gwaltman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 05:40:46 PM »
Thanks to everyone and especially Bill on post 24. I followed the recommendation of setting 7 and 8 to 1000 and the bill validator lights up and accepts a 5 and then rejects it. If I only had a dollar bill  :dancing_2:
My guess is that this has fixed the issue and the old software will only validate the dollars. To anyone who has this issue, it appears to be a combination of setting you need to master to get everything working properly. I thank everyone for their input and valuable experience. I have learned a lot in a short time. Great group of people with priceless knowledge. I love this forum, the people and this hobby!!! I owe you all a drink  :cool_thumb_up:

PS, I'll post back results when I get a dollar in my hands.
Gary Waltman - Slot Newbie
Gilbert, AZ

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
Thanks to everyone and especially Bill on post 24. I followed the recommendation of setting 7 and 8 to 1000 and the bill validator lights up.......

Hmmm.... I seem to recall asking what the limits were set to in post#3  :sherlock:

In any case, glad you got it working :clap:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
...PS, I'll post back results when I get a dollar in my hands.
you might ask around, there's probably a software update for your DBV-200 that will allow it to work with somewhat newer bills. I think the newest software update for you is called 2.61-04-03 (79E0) and it was a couple of releases newer than what you have now. It's just an eprom change (assuming yours is eprom and not flash memory). 

also attached is the JCM document for that newest DBV-200 software, ver 2.61-04-03 SS ID-022/023.

Global Mod Note: Posting a full picture of real money is a federal offense and was removed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:49:21 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 07:11:32 AM »
For those older BV I keep old small head 50's and the older 20's around. Most DBV200 I see have flash not chips. Go to your bank and ask them to thumb through the bills to find a nice one or two for you.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:59 AM »

Thanks to everyone and especially Bill on post 24. I followed the recommendation of setting 7 and 8 to 1000 and the bill validator lights up.......

Hmmm.... 

what type of 200 head  do you have??  flash or eprom??   if there is no large chip inserted next to the dip switches, then you have a flash unit. the only way to upgrade that unit would be to send it to someone that can flash the memory. you have to specify that its for a S+, IDO 022/023, latest version. If its an eprom, then you have to purchase the chip using the same information.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2015, 11:15:07 AM »
If it is a flash unit and one is handy with a soldering iron, it's not too difficult to convert to a socketed chip. I've done a few.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=594.0

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »

Global Mod Note: Posting a full picture of real money is a federal offense and was removed.

No problem on removing the photo. But they came from Google, how do they get away with it, they have dozens of currency photos in their "stock photo" archive? And I see pictures of bills all the time in the financial magazines at stores.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »

No problem on removing the photo. But they came from Google, how do they get away with it, they have dozens of currency photos in their "stock photo" archive? And I see pictures of bills all the time in the financial magazines at stores.

Yeah I do too. But you can do anything you want until you get caught. Just wanted to clear this forum.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »

Yeah I do too. But you can do anything you want until you get caught. Just wanted to clear this forum.

A-ok!   :cool_thumb_up:

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

From the secret service

U.S. Currency
The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550, in Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations, permits color illustrations of U.S. currency provided:

The illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated

The illustration is one-sided

http://www.secretservice.gov/money_illustrations.shtml

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal