New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S Few plays, then display off, then on .  (Read 4728 times)

Offline gordy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • gordy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S Few plays, then display off, then on .
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:10:13 AM »
S [ not S+] stops anytime [ when idle, in the middle of a game, while inserting coins ].   Then, resets itself, Insert Coin comes on and may play a couple times, then display goes off.  Over and over again. Can't predict when it will stop and start..  Can't trigger it to do this. Wiggled all wires, unplugged and plugged  plugs.  Not like an S+ where the burnt white plug to the mother board is the big weakness.
   Should be something simple---but not for me.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S Few plays, then display off, then on .
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:12 AM »
One thing I would check is pull the MPU and look for signs of something overheating on it, and also for possible battery leaking (especially if someone replaced it at some point with the wrong type)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:36:18 AM by TexasMark »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:59:42 AM »
Is it just the displays or all lighting? Check your door optics also. Maybe the door is sagging and losing the optic signal.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:34 AM »
Check for bent pins on mpu

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:24:30 AM »
Gordy,  do the florescent lights go out when this happens?  check and wiggle the fuse caps,they have been know to cause intermittent problems. Since this is an "S" model and there is no door optic to worry about, you can keep the door open and watch and observe what happens. You can also lay out the board and  measure the voltage at the regulator to see if it is dropping out. other than that, the board is the only other item that would cause this, I hope you have an intermittent power problem, "S" boards are hard to come by.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »
So used to S+ didn't even register about door optics on S. Senior moment.

the rockin elvis

Offline Denny

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 09:33:54 AM »
I agree with Jim on door optics.  I have a Super Spin Sizzling 7s that does the same thing. Sometimes good for 5 minutes, sometimes an hour. Open door. move optics (ever so slightly) close door, see if your reels reset.  You may have to try a few times.  Make a mark when successful (just in case)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »
I thought it was determined that the S model does NOT have door optics?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
Actually, there are some very good posts on here explaining how to bypass the door optics on the S2000.  I've never tried it but many people on here say it works quite well.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
I thought it was determined that the S model does NOT have door optics?

Yes we found the S does not have door optics. Is this machine new to you? If it was recently moved and placed on it's back, there might be a coin or a screw monkeying around in there. Look around and under everything in the cabinet. Is your board seated all the way? Look to see if a wire or something is keeping it from seating on both sides.

the rockin elvis

Offline gordy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • gordy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
I looked for 3 hours trying to find the door optics and the seating for the game board.  Got up on top of my house and could not see them. Even looked for a comparitor and it did not have one !  And it played with the door open.
   The idea to check the game board probably worked because either the plugs to the game board were dirty or re-seating the connections to the transformer did it.  Thanks all.

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:11 AM »
OK  :EmoticonHelp4: Help, now I am confused  :Scratch-Head: I thought the S2000 DID have door optics.   Hence this post:

IGT S2000 and Vision Games / Permanently bypass S2000 door optics
« by foster on February 21, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
Denny, This is the S and S+ forum. We are working on a S machine the one before the S Plus. Not the S2000. We'll have fun with this in August.

the rockin elvis

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Oh, Jim...........My bad! :fryingpan: Thought we were on the S2000, you'd think by my age I would be able to read  :24:    I bow to the experts  :hail:     OK, that means 1 more Elvis song for you in August !  :dancing_2: :dancing_2: :dancing_2:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal