New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Noob pulls handle and machine goes to RAM error  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Wadsworth

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Wadsworth New User has no influence.
  • Better to be seen than viewed
Noob pulls handle and machine goes to RAM error
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »
I wish I were smarter.  I'm resurrecting a coinless (bill in ticket out) S2000 progressive machine.  All is fine until I pull the handle.  The machine takes a s...t and give me a RAM error.  A few turns of the JP key and pressing the reset switch 2-3 sec. and I'm back, with no credits.  WTF.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Noob pulls handle and machine goes to RAM error
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »
I'd start by making sure your chips are seated well on the MPU, the MPU is seated well to the motherboard and the memory battery on the MPU is 3v. The MPU is the tray in the lower part of the cabinet on the left wall. The motherboard is on the back wall behind it. Make sure the machine is turned off before removing any boards

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »
Can you get it to run with just the buttons?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
Check the handle release solenoid (its kinda hard to get to and see). I think I've seen this same issue when one of the wires is shorting out on the cabinet wall.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
Check the handle release solenoid (its kinda hard to get to and see). I think I've seen this same issue when one of the wires is shorting out on the cabinet wall.

^^^ What she said  ^^^

Inspect the wires that go to the handle solenoid area, make sure none of them are pinched, chaffed or otherwise look damaged. Something like that will glitch the power supply line, mpu throws an error.   
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »
what is the error it gives after you turn the key the first time.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 09:59:05 PM »
what is the error it gives after you turn the key the first time.

:Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

I think we may be having a translation issue...

We do not know what error you are mentioning? We suggested a fix, but do not know of you did that yet?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »
RAM error.  A few turns of the JP key and pressing the reset switch 2-3 sec. and I'm back

first time op turns the key shouldn't it give a more detailed error like a crc mismatch it does for every s2k i have ever worked on. anyway i had a few machines do similar things after a massive electrical storm srams got corrupt swapped sockets(anyone attempting that should be careful the legs on some of the chips are much more delicate than a normal eprom) machines haven't erred since.

Offline Wadsworth

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:40:20 AM »
The game plays OK with buttons, but when the handle is pulled, the system blanks out for a bit (like a short), then begins a reboot (please wait .... testing memory, etc.) leading to a RAM error.  I turn the jackpot key 4 times, press the reset button 3 sec, and it is back up and running but with no credits. 

I have traced the wires from the to the handle (orange to solenoid; black to handle switch) and they look OK, but without removing the handle assembly, I can't see where the black ones go .  The power supply, chips and boards seem to be seated OK.

I'm going to work on it again today.  I'll pull the handle assembly and give it a look.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:31 AM »
I had a machine doing the same thing. If I slapped the side it would do it too. I ended up replacing the mother board. When the mpu was installed it was not very tight and the slightest bump would make it reboot. But never had to turn the key etc.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Wadsworth

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »
I finally found the problem.  I removed and tested the handle assembly.  Not finding a problem, I connected it and laid it on the bottom of the cabinet.  Reaching under the door with the bottom plate removed, I could activate the handle and all was well.  I re-installed the handle assembly to the cabinet and then instead of rebooting, the handle would activate as soon as I began to pull it!   

Sticking my head inside the cabinet, I could see the unused bare tab on the micro-switch in close contact with the back of the cash box chassis.  Using a screwdriver, I bent the tab up away from the chassis.  Now the handle functions normally. 

So the problem seems to have been a short between one of the micro-switch contacts and the chassis.

Thanks to all of you for your input :).

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal