New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Have you seen a 61-2 straight from power up?  (Read 7979 times)

Offline gwaltman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gwaltman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Have you seen a 61-2 straight from power up?
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
Hey Guys, sorry to be a pain. I got a fixer upper and I've not seen this one before (not surprising for a noob). I had a 12 error and found the battery was dead. I replaced the battery and got a 61 loop. Having read the boards it appeared that a clear was in order to get past this. It worked. I was able to use my set chip, re-enable the BV and drop coins, spin reels. Shortly after this I got back to a 61-3 error. Nothing more then the 61-3. Pressing the reset button did nothing. Turning the jackpot key sent me through a series of numbers on all of the displays. Power cycling the machine brought back the 61-3.

I cleared the board again and performed a set. This time I get a 61-2 immediately and nothing more. No response to the reset and jackpot key give the same numbers as the 61-3.

My game chips are as follows:
SP1160
SS6764
Gary Waltman - Slot Newbie
Gilbert, AZ

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Have you seen a 61-2 straight from power up?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »
I would go though the clear procedure one more time since you already have done it. make sure the game chip is plugged back in with no bent pins, and be sure the MPU is seated. If it has a hopper, be sure to put that plugged back in all the way first, then see what happens. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:55:55 PM by TexasMark »

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 07:51:22 PM »
OK, so I tried the clear again and this time, after replacing the board, the lights and bv powered up but no wheels and display. Appears I have that "rare" power harness issue http://newlifegames.com/nlg/Smileys/default/duh.gif. Does anyone know where I can source this harness or parts to make one?

-G
Gilbert, AZ

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
Does the plug look burnt? Sometimes you can just plug/unplug it a few times to scape off any corrosion, etc. Some people have just soldered the wires directly to the pins.

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:07:26 PM »
Yup, the connector is burnt on one pin. I've tightened the pins, burnished the pings and no luck. I also took one from anther S+ that was working and no luck. Now both my S+'s are not working. Just my luck.
Gilbert, AZ

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »
Fuses?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:15 PM »
Checked the fuses are all are good. Very strange that the working one now doesn't work. Those wires must be really touchy.
Gilbert, AZ

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:48 PM »
Are there any fuses inside the power supply itself? Some power supplies have internal fuses. Maybe whatever is wrong with the machine popped a fuse in both power supplies.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:50:25 AM »
At this point, as said before, I would suggest you inspect the connectors on the MPU for bent pins, check and double check your SS and SP chips for bent legs (if you've already done so, do it again. I don't care who you are or how experienced someone is, it happens once in awhile.)

Since the harness from the working machine didnt "fix" anything, then I'm thinking that wasn't the problem. For now, until the game is back up and running, and to save time, you do not need to do a Set every time you do a Clear. Get the game back up and you can enable your BV afterwards.

I will see of I can find anything on the 61-3 that may help.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:57:37 AM »
Here's an interesting tidbit Stayouttadabunker found on the Archive site...I know you're not using SP1048, but we should verify what SET chip you need, as your SP is obviously programmed with the 61-3 code as well. This will not have any effect on getting your game back up, but will be useful later on.

Also, when you say press the self test button to clear the 61-3, you ARE holding it in for 2-3 seconds right? A quick press will not suffice.

"FYI that SP1048 uses a very different SET chip...SET058 to be exact.
It's not a very common one but really shouldn't have any impact on whether or not you can get past the [61-1] code.

However, the SP1048 chip came programmed with the [61-3] error code, which was new at the time
and meant the machine was "detecting a hardware malfunction."
To clear a [61-3], all you did was open the door, and press the Test button for a few seconds
and it would display [61-1] in the Winner Paid window.
From there you would clear the [61-1] code as normal by CLOSING the door and turning the Jackpot Reset key once."

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
OK, I made it past the power issue with a new power harness. I'm still getting the 61-2 error after clearing and putting the game chip back in. I'm just unable to clear the error with any method. Turning the Jackpot key will advance through a whole series of numbers, one even spins the reel, but nothing seems to get rid of the 61-2.

I have a feeling that I may have fried my SP1160 game chip somehow. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Gilbert, AZ

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
Sounds more like your MPU that's the SP chip, but hopefully not. I can look and see if I have the chip for you. Personally, I would switch to a friendlier SP chip. SP chips are not game-specific, only game TYPE specific, so there's no issue with changing them. What game is this again?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
Never mind, read back and found it. Your game is type 0, so go with a SP731 or SP1271. First, what MHz board do you have, 10 or 16? If its a 10mhz you will have a (typically blue) round volume pot on the top of the MPU tray. Does yours have this or not?

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »
Mine is a 10Mhz.
Gilbert, AZ

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
Great, I'll find you a an SP chip tomorrow.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:35 AM »
After pressing the test button for the 3-4 seconds you need to close the door THEN turn the reset key.
I did not read in your post that you were closing the door. You may have been doing this, but I just did not see where you stated it was done.

Offline gwaltman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 09:01:50 PM »
Hey Neonkiss, I swore I've done that a 100 times and I just got nothing. I did it one more time and sure enough I got a ding and a 62. I think I turned the jackpot key once and I got a 62-1. From there, I closed the door and nothing happened. I turned the jackpot key again and got a 65-2. I kept cycling through this process always back to the 65-2 and 65-3. Then I started looking at posts for the 65-x errors and came up with the post from the "therockinelvis"

Quote - "therockinelvis"

61 press button to 61_1

Close door and turn jackpot reset key.
 then 65_3

Turn jackpot reset key to continue power-up procedure.  Game will be upgraded to most current format.  See 65_1 or 65_2.

65_1

Bad EEPROM data

Open door and press self test button for 1 to 2 seconds.

close door and game should boot. After all this is cleared and booted.

End Quote

At this point my game booted normally and everything looks great.

One thing to remember if you encounter this issue is to follow the rest of his post

Quote:
Install BV chip and enable BV and set denom.

Then when you have replaced the 1274 you will have to do the 61 thing again. Once you get to that point you will have to set options and limits for credits etc. We will walk you through that when your ready. It is very easy.
End Quote

Lessons learned:
On an S+, check you power supply harness from the power supply to the board. If it has a burn mark on the 2nd pin from the right, you should replace or repair that harness. If you need to repair the harness you can order the Molex 6 pin connector No. 085201134 and the pins 09-50-3061. These will be the replacement parts you need along with a molex crimp tool.

Check a reference earlier in this post for the wiring diagram

Next, make sure you take you time an eliminate all possibilities before you try a clear. Once you clear you may be caught in the same loop I was caught in. Check the quoted process above and follow it to the tee.

Thanks again to all the experts on this forum. You guys Rock!!!!!  :applause:

Gilbert, AZ

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 09:10:01 PM »
AWESOME!!!! No SP chip for you! lol! So glad you got it. Sometimes, we just need to slow down and re-read things a time or two (or a dozen, lol$...Good job! Ad a HUGE thanks to NEONKISS!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal