New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Slot Owner with IGT+ Where to get what I need?  (Read 22240 times)

Offline GadgetBob

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GadgetBob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: New Slot Owner with IGT+ Where to get what I need?
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »
Well sometimes you win, and Sometimes... Some jerk pulls the main CPU and leaves you with a metal box with some wires and a couple of lights. Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
I think you are looking at arou d$200 (max $250) to put it back together. MPU is only $50-60, DBV, worst case $150???

Might as well out it back together, as you have 85% of the unit! Cap BV off if you don't want invest in to, and keep it coin only. That would be one way to go if you were unsure of the final stability of the machine. Get a good MPU and go from there. Otherwise, you're looking at a $25 hunk of scrap metal, as that's probably the only market that would be interested. You MAY find someone to take it on as a project, but ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:40:54 PM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
It's heartbreaking but it happens. You might sell it as a parts machine if someone needed the metal chassis parts or other parts in it and recover some of your investment in it. The motherboard is in there and they sell for more than you'd expect, plus the stepper reels, main power supply, the vented BV power supply, hopper, etc. Or someone you know might want to take it on as a project if you don't want to. Or you can shop carefully and cheaply and get it running on a budget, make a list of the absolute least parts you need to get it working. Don't get in a hurry, wait for a deal on whatever parts you need. People here will guide you along if you decide to do this. Sometimes parts can be found for less than average rates, including from the dealers/resellers here on NLG.

No one is going to blame you if you decide to not go forward on it. But it could just be a matter of a few parts and it will play.

At least the interconnect (motherboard) is there. If not in a big hurry you can sometimes find S+ mpu boards for $50 and less. For example:

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=3329

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=89&product_id=3546

and they come up on ebay too.

You'll need the game chips to match your reel strips. (game and reel eproms). Someone here could steer you on that. I'm guessing $15 each but it can vary depending on the source.

You'll need to add up what it would cost to get either 1) the coin acceptor parts installed or 2) reinstall whatever bill validator was in there to take advantage of already having the BV power supply, BV housing and cash compartment. Go with whichever is the lower cost for it to accept money to play.

Of course no one knows if the 3 reel stepper motors are ok and if the main power supply is ok. Would be good to remove the reels (they just slide forward after getting released) and take picture of that area so we can see if anything else is awry.

You can go back and reread this thread from the beginning, see what everyone has said and work up a plan. Ask additional questions if needed to clarify something. On the bright side you will learn a lot about the machine and slot machines in general by getting it back to working condition. 

I brightened your last photo so I could see some details in the shadows better.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:32:19 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 04:02:07 AM »
I guess if it was me, I'd forget the b/v, get a 10mhz mpu and an 1137 sp chip a 4785 ss chip and then tokenize the machine to take quarters up to 99 credits each. That way 10 quarters equals 990 credits. You'll still need the comparitor but then it's easy to add credits without bills. My triple diamond is set up that way and I really like it.  The sp 1137 allows you set up the game for a few different styles of play. I prefer the tokenization personally. Yeah you're going to have a little money in it but my t/d is one of my favorites. The strips can always be figured out, I'd concentrate on the machine first.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 06:51:05 AM »
Here is what I would be able to provide:
WBA head and transport/software /either flash or eprom  55.00 head duckbill 12.00, shelf and harness 20.00 power supply 30.00 door bezel 12.00 cash can 12.00 connector N/C.  total for WBA 141.00

board with chips, and new battery, tested and working with clear and set chips  100.00

coin in, bracket 8.00,  housing and coin comp  55.00

coin optic/housing N/C. 

141+ 100+63= 304+ shipping.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GadgetBob

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GadgetBob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »
Jim, That sounds pretty complete. I guess the question is what else would I need that you can't provide?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »
without seeing the machine, this could get your  machine running. YOU DO NOT NEED A BILL ACCEPTOR. the machine will function without it. that's up to you.   

the board is a necessity, you could possibly circumvent the coin in as well. or you could take what's behind door #3  sell the parts you can sell from that machine and buy a S-2000, what you have in the machine now plus the parts, plus the unknown, could put you up around 500.00 +, I would think you could find a complete working machine for that price. the door optics are a necessity as well.

what ever you decide to do , either I or someone else on this site will be able to help you. 

Jim       

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 11:47:09 AM »
Jim, you are a one stop shop. You put a lot of thought into his needs.  Do you have a website?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal