New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Newbie with dead paper weight needs help.  (Read 10703 times)

Offline deltabox888

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deltabox888 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Newbie with dead paper weight needs help.
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
Hi guys. Just joined the forum.  I have a Triple Diamond machine. It worked fine when I first got it for my dad.  He has a habit of turning if off when not in use. And he left it off for quite some time and now when we turn it ON, it doesn't work. BV doesn't work and when I drop coin, it just falls right out to tray.  There is a code 12 and I know that is dead battery right? Are these batteries rechargeable?    If I get replacement battery, will it work again or is there more to it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:41:50 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Newbie with dead paper weight needs help.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »
The battery is  non-rechargeable and soldered to the main circuit board. Board must be removed, battery carefully un-soldered & replaced, being careful of static damage.  How comfortable/experienced are you with electronic repair & soldering?

On IGTs of this type, some have the board readily accessible on the left side in a metal box, and some boards are mounted on the back wall behind the coin hopper. This determines how you get at the board. Can you post a pic of the machine with the door open?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pan8k8OjIgM
Here's a video for soldering a battery to a MPU board. This will help.

Welcome to NLG!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:35:01 PM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
I've soldered before and looks easy. So when I replace this dead battery, will machine start working again?  Right now, I'm cycling through all these numbers on the machine with the key and I can't make any sense of them.  The numbers go from 1 to 11 I think which each number have sub-numbers.  Each sub-number flashes different readings that might as well be in Japanese cuz it makes no sense to me.

I'm purchasing this battery. It should work right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLOT-MACHINE-BATTERY-LITHIUM-3-6-VOLT-1-2AA-LS4250-AXIAL-LEADS-/171730126539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fbe9c6cb

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
Yes it should work. Make sure the polarity is correct when you put the new one in. You see the mpu on the back left? Take the front tray off and pull the hopper out the front to access the board. Just pull straight up on the mpu. Do you want the after replacement set up now or after the battery is in?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
I'll go ahead and give it to you. After replacing the battery and the mpu is in, power up the machine close the door and watch for a 61 code. Open the door and press the test button (probably behind the power switch on yours). About 2-3 seconds. The display should change to 61_1. When it does that shut the door latch it and turn the reset key 1 time. The machine should cycle and be ready to play. Good Luck.

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 01:35:02 PM »
Thanks Shaggy.  That's sounds easy enough.  I hope it goes smoothly as you state.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »
Don't be surprised if you need to do a clear. Quite often when you turn the key and go into accounting with a dead battery you get the dreaded 61 loop. Welcome to the site and good luck.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 01:41:01 PM »
The very 1st one I got had a 12 error and I did just that and it fired right up. :cool_thumb_up:
Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »
You may need a set chip.  It all depends if during the battery swap, the sram can hold the data long enough to not loose it.  If it does, he will need a set chip to re-enable the validator at least.  Probably not a clear though, very rare to have to use a clear on an S+.  At the very worst, it will work as coin in/out if he doesn't get a set chip to enable the validator.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
Should I go ahead and purchase this set chip or just wait to see if I need it?  Can anybody post  a quick rundown of how to use a set chip?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 08:55:37 AM »
Here's a writeup that covers the instructions (I think it answers your questions). There are other informative posts in the "sticky notes" area at the top of this forum. 

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

The "sticky notes" are at the top of the thread/discussions list, all the notes have a thumbtack icon and a different background color:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=80.0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:51:06 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and purchased clear/set chip combo from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251903004333?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I figured I might as well own this set if I own a slot machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and purchased clear/set chip combo from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251903004333?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I figured I might as well own this set if I own a slot machine.

Agreed and that's a good way to look at it. Many owners end up needing one or both of them sooner or later. Might as well have them on hand, often can be stored somewhere safely in the machine out of the way, like the cash box or behind the top glass, etc. It is recommended that owners don't use the clear chip just willy-nilly, should only be used when actually needed or recommended for a problem, as it can lead to having to reset other settings that can be complicated to get thru for someone that's unfamiliar with it.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 02:17:51 PM »
So I received my battery and installed it. Did everything per instructions. It looked good but then the 61 code came back. Looks like I'm stuck in the 61 loop. I did it several times and it keeps bringing back the 61 code.

So now I have to to do a clear on my machine?   Can someone give me the link one how to use clear chip?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Have you cleared the error in the correct order?

At 61, press self-test button for 3-4 seconds until a 61-1 displays (you will most likely hear a DING as well).

At 61-1, CLOSE and LOCK door, then turn Jackpot  Reset Key ONCE.

Wait 5-10 seconds and error should clear and game will be ready to play.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 02:37:09 PM »
I did everything like you said. When I close and lock door, turn key once the 61-1 disappears but  61 shows up again after 3 seconds.

You mentioned wait 5-10 seconds for 61-1 code to disappear.  My code disappears AS SOON as I turn the key if that makes any difference.

I even tried dropping a quarter before the 61 came back but the coin falls right thru.

Anything else I can try?  I really don't want to do a clear unless absolutely necessary .
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:08:33 PM by deltabox888 »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
Just wanted to make sure you had the correct order. You are in that stupid 61 loop. You have no choice but to Clear it. There really is nothing you need to set after. The game will play just fine with coins. If you have a bill validator, you will need to use a Set chip after the Clear to re-activate the validator and set your denomination.

You'll be surprised how easy the Clear is. A Clear on an S+ is not like a Clear on other platforms, where you have to reset ALL of the settings. An S+ Clear restores all the factory settings and game is able to be played.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »
OK. I'll do a clear when it arrives. Can you post instructions on how to use clear chip?  I tried searching but couldn't find instructions.  I have instructions for set chip.

Edit:  so I've been searching for an hour and no step-by-step instructions. All I find is some posts about putting in the clear chip and pushing the test button and let the machine count down?

Where does the chip go? 

Never mind.  I found it. Here it is for future newbies.

1. Power off your machine, then open door, lift out coin tray and remove hopper to access the MPU.  Pull up on the knob to remove the MPU from it's chassis.

2. Locate your game chip (the EEPROM will read SP and a number)

3. Wedge small flathead screwdriver under and carefully pry off GAME chip and replace with CLEAR chip.  Take notice of notch on chips for correct installation.

4. Replace MPU and power up machine.

5. Wait about 15 seconds and press the test button (small white button next to power switch).

6. The machine will start counting up on the front display.  Once the counting has stopped, the RAM has cleared.

7. Turn machine off and replace GAME chip. Turn ON machine.

8. Front should show code 61. Press TEST button for 2-3 seconds until 61 turns to 61_1.

9. Close door and latch it.  Turn jackpot key once.  Code should disappear and machine is ready for play.

10. If it does not and you get a code 65, open the door and push the TEST button once.  Close the door and turn the jackpot key once again.  Wait for the reels to spin, then drop in a coin.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:11:49 PM by deltabox888 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal