New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Changing denominations with set chip.  (Read 6021 times)

Offline deltabox888

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deltabox888 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Changing denominations with set chip.
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:13:32 PM »
I have a quick simple question.  If I change my .25 cent machine to $1, what happens when I drop in a quarter?  My machine currently has a comparitor with a quarter in it. Will I still get a full credit with just a quarter eventhough denom is set at $1?  What if I use the BV?  Will I get equal credit for every dollar I put in?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:41:46 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Changing denominations with set chip.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
Your coin comparitor determines what coinage your machine will accept, in your case, it's a quarter. Drop in a dollar, and nothing will happen, Most likely, it will just cause a coin jam in the door, maybe it will fall out into the tray...

NOW, after you set your validator using a set ship, you will also need to tell the game what the denomination is, and at that point, when you put a bill in, it will give you 4 credits (for a 25 cent machine) or 1 credit (for a $1 machine).
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 01:40:17 AM »
Or when you use a coin it will be 1 coin. So 1 quarter will equal 1 credit as usual except the machine thinks it's 1 dollar. Some people set denom at 5 cents so when a dollar is put in B/V it gives 20 credits.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 06:28:43 AM »
To add my .02 worth.  There are 3 things that go into a denomination in a machine.

1.  The artwork and stickers that say what the denomination is.
2.  The coin handling equipment.
3.  The validator denomination configuration.

The only thing that you should keep in mind here is whatever you tell the validator the denomination is with the set chip will determine the credits you are going to get when you insert a bill.  The coin handling equipment only cares that the coin you put in, matches the coin in the comparitor, it has no way of knowing what that coin is worth.  So in essense you could have the artwork say that you have a $1 machine, set your validator denom to be 1 penny and have a quarter in the coin mech.  Electronically, you have a penny machine, if you put a dollar in the validator, you will get 100 credits. If you drop a quarter in the machine, you will get 1 credit, and then you can pretend, based on the artwork, that you are plaing a dollar machine.  If you cash out with 100 credits, you will get 100 quarters.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »

So on my machine.  I change the .25 sticker to .05 sticker.  I put a nickel in the coin comparitor and then I set the BV at .05, then it's a nickel machine?  I don't need to worry about payouts being all outta whack right?  I figure a credit is a credit.  But now instead of a credit being worth a quarter, it's worth a nickel.  Is that right?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:27:10 PM by deltabox888 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
Would it matter what your upper glass pay table says as far as matching the change to nickel play?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
I believe credits are credits. If everything is set to a nickel that should work. Still the same on jackpots as the machine won't know any difference.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »
If your paytables are shown as credits, then it doesn't matter.  Some of the higher denomination glass will have dollar amounts next to the awards, then, you would have to match the denomination to the glass, but in your case, it looks like it's just credits since it doesn't have a $ in front of the payout.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »

Right. My glass pay table is based on credits.  So I figure a credit is a credit. Nothing should need to be done about that.  As far as the CC goes, is it as simple as putting a nickel inside?  I don't need a new coin drop or anything like that?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »
You may find you skip a coin every so often (drop a coin and it doesn't register as a credit), but not anything major. If it bugs you, we have easy fixes for it. Basically, you just have to guide the coin where it needs to go, since it is smaller than the original coin guide. O you can just purchase the proper coin guide size for small coin.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 05:13:40 AM »
The only problem I see is you can't use a nickel in a quarter hopper. It will jam if it tries to cash out. Why do you want to use nickels? Less money tied up in machine? I just use .984 tokens, which are slightly larger than a quarter and work perfectly. Remember it does not have to use a nickel to act like a nickel. Changing the denomination to 5 cents makes it give you 20 credits for a dollar. So putting a twenty into the BV you would get 400 credits. Putting a quarter in the slot would give 1 credit. The machine isn't really counting money, but credits.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline deltabox888

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 10:36:55 AM »
I know what you are saying.  It's just that if I DO decide to change it to nickel slot machine, I just want everything to look/be legit.  I don't want the BV paying at .05 and the CC paying at .25.  Just gives a "mickey mouse" feel to the machine.  I might just leave it at .25.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal