New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Triple Diamonds questions  (Read 10864 times)

Offline hawkypro

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • hawkypro New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ Triple Diamonds questions
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:09:20 PM »
Just picked an S+ Triple Diamond machine up. I just pluged it in and ive got a 3300 code. ( hopper empty). I dont have 400 quarters to put in the hopper but i do have about a 100 or so in the hopper.

Im new to this, so if i ask stupid questions................. :EmoticonHelp4:

I need to search the forums first....duh    as i see many how have had this issue.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S+ Triple Diamonds questions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
Nice find!

Is that the machine you just got for $150 and it included a second mpu board? If so I think you did well on the deal. By now you've probably looked inside, and it is complete with all parts, including bill validator.

I was going to suggest you get a SET chip but I see in your other photo of the second mpu board you already have one. It will allow you to set preference settings and fix little things after the battery is replaced. I attached your other photo so it will be easily seen here in this thread. Others will correct me if wrong but I think the extra mpu board you got is what they call a "16 mhz" board, it replaced the older "10 mhz" board. But I'm not 100% on that.

Also, would be a good idea to inspect the mpu (cpu) board inside the machine to make sure the battery isn't leaking and causing damage. That's always a good idea on any machine that is new to you. Make a good overall inspection, look for things that could be a problem, like leaking battery, mice nest, corrosion from flood or other water damage, loose coins inside, some previous owner's hidden stash of stuff, etc.

Here is a good forum sticky note to read about common S+ errors and how to fix them:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=3005.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
Yes it is.

The cpu board in the machine right now is clean. I do have these that came with it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
Just for info, I think I read in one of your earlier posts that a different machine you were looking at might be an S2000 model but it turned out not to be. For me the giveaway on a machine being an S2000 are the 2 speakers mounted prominently on both sides of the machine, a little above the main door and the spinning reels. see attached photo.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:25 PM »
Were you able to clear the 3300 error by opening and closing the main door? Or do you think there was a win that the machine wants to payoff and it's wanting to satisfy that?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »
If opening and closing the door and latching it didn't clear it. Check the door optics alignment. Make a mark on the cabinet with a pencil where the optic sensor is. Then make one on the door with the latch all the way down. When you shut the door and latch it  make sure these line up. Good luck.
Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »
I pulled the hopper out and it looks like the quarters are jamming between the shelf plate and pinwheel.  agitator is a bit worn.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
Those have plastic knives, get the coins out, and some of the guys use a heat gun to warm and bend the knife back. If that works, lots of vendors on here carry knives I recommend buying a new one to back it up just in case. Man you're getting there good job!
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »
Lots of replacement parts available, hoppers are easy to fix.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
The worn agitator isn't a big deal since you probably aren't going to be running the machine with a whole lot of coins in the hopper. They aren't that much cost and you can always replace it if you want to but I'd bet you won't have a problem due to the old one, unless chunks of it are falling off and jamming things up.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
For the record, the 9 line triple diamond theme you got is one of the hardest kits to get for an S+, especially the reel glass.  You did really well, as the kit alone is worth what you paid for the whole machine.  The S+ is built like a sherman tank, it will last forever with minor maintenance.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
Thanks Shaggy,
is there supposed to be a gap between those two plates, its about 1/4 of an inch. and the pin wheel might no be the right size. I see coin marks on the pinwheel and the look like silver dollar size. Here is a pic.

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
For the record, the 9 line triple diamond theme you got is one of the hardest kits to get for an S+, especially the reel glass.  You did really well, as the kit alone is worth what you paid for the whole machine.  The S+ is built like a sherman tank, it will last forever with minor maintenance.

Thanks and good to know, im glad i made a good purchase.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »
No the gap should be a few thousands of an inch or just lightly touching. 1/4 is letting the coins behind. Easy with the adjustment and make sure the knife is "just" above the wheel. You'll see how it works. You're getting there. :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 06:56:57 PM »
And yes you may need to change the wheel, if it is for a dollar coin it will be too big for a quarter. Check the parts and order as necessary big coins and smaller coins don't swap.

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 06:59:36 PM »
i had pulled it apart in the pic, but the pinwheel spacing between each tooth looks to wide for quarter use.  I think its to big also, from the wear on the pinwheel it looks like silver dollars were used

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
That looks like a dollar sized pinwheel.  Post a picture of the inside of your door, if you want to go quarters, you may need to change stuff there too.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
here is a pic
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:43:06 PM by hawkypro »

Offline hawkypro

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
here is a pic

Rickhunter - i agree with you on the size of the hopper. I think i will just order the parts for the correct size .25cent

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 07:10:18 AM »
looks like a larger coin than a dollar, regardless, you will have to replace both the pinwheel and the shelf wheel to go to a quarter.  also inspect your knife, if it is for a large coin you may want to replace it as well. there are two types of knives, one for small coin and one for large coin. they have a tendency to jam using the smaller coin.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal