New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S + haywire chip  (Read 9795 times)

luckyspin09876

S + haywire chip
« on: April 17, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
I just received a haywire chip for my s+ double diamond I'm not sure what slot to put it in. Here is a photo of my board. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S + haywire chip
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
You didn't say if you ordered an SS or SP chip, but just read the label. If it is labeled with a SS #, then replace the one that is in the REEL PROM socket. If it is labeled with an SP #, then replace the chip in the GAME PROM socket.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
 :agreepost:

Make sure the notch on the chip matches the direction of the notch in the chip you are replacing.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

luckyspin09876

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
Sorry guys it's an S plus chip for an S plus machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
Post picture of new chip so we can see the label.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

luckyspin09876

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Thank you for your replies here's a photo of the chip just not sure what socket to put the chip in on the board. Thanks again for your help

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
Your new chip has an "SS...." number.

Notice that the Reel eprom on your board contains the part number "SS....".

So you remove the old Reel eprom and install your new one. Be careful not to bend any of the eprom legs, best to remove it partially on one end, then the other, back and forth until it comes loose. When inserting the new eprom make sure all of the legs line up with the socket contacts, then slowly press down to make it go into the socket.

As Shaggy said, pay attention to the notch on one end of the chip. The chip must be turned so that the notch is on the correct end of the socket, same as the chip you are removing. Don't go by how the label is turned. Look at nearby eproms, the eprom you install should have the notch the same.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:59:33 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

luckyspin09876

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 06:00:40 PM »
Your awesome thank you very much for your help. Will mark this one problem solved.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 06:06:17 PM »
You're welcome and others here helped too, we're glad you got it figured out. Save your old chip in case you ever need to reinstall it. You can probably store it somewhere safe inside the machine, like in the cash box or in some safe corner where it won't cause a problem.

When you get the machine working how about posting a picture of it powered-up, we love to see the machines people have.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »
Yes indeed.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 06:38:54 PM »
OK I've missed out on a bunch of this so I have to ask...... Did you put a D/D haywire game chip in this machine? Or was that what it was originally? If you just put an SS (reel) chip in it will not convert this to a D/D Haywire. The reel chip only controls the the reel stops to make the percentage payout correct. It is figured on the game type of machine. 0-2-21-etc. My point is, if the machine wasn't a DD/Haywire before, changing the reel chip won't make it one now.  As a matter of fact it will probably screw up the reel stops and payoffs. I'm not understanding all of this so I'm just wondering.
Dave

P.S.... I could be wrong on this but I've never seen one you could change the reel chip and change the game.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »
I figured it was a Haywire version of his current Double Diamond game, like a software variation that makes the reels shake, spin and go nuts. I think I've seen a Double Diamond Haywire on an S2000, thought there might be one for the S+.

So it could be that he is wanting to convert the game from a Double Diamond to a Haywire?

I looked up the number on that new chip he got, SS6420, it says it is for the Haywire Deluxe game, Type 21.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Haywire%20Deluxe%20(3%20Coin%20Multiplier).htm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:42:44 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:05 PM »
SS6420 is a Haywire Deluxe chip...hopefully, he has a Haywire game now, and not a Dbl Diamond. The Haywire Deluxe chip will not work in a Dbl Diamond game, to my knowledge anyway. But hey, I thought I explained it clear enough where to put the chips earlier, so who the hell knows!  :rotfl:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »
I'm with Roz. I'm confused about what you are trying to accomplish. You say your game is Double Diamond. The SS4787 chip on your board is for Triple Diamond. The new SS6420 chip is for Haywire Deluxe (Type 21) which will not work with Double Diamond or Triple Diamond. It will not work with SP1271 either. If you are trying to turn a Double Diamond into a Haywire it needs a Double Jackpot Haywire SS chip & a Type 2 SP game prom.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 08:46:40 PM »
....... But hey, I thought I explained it clear enough where to put the chips earlier, so who the hell knows!  :rotfl:

you did, I think it's just that some folks are picture-people, so when it looked like it wasn't clear I thought a photo might help.

I don't know if he has gotten the other parts needed for conversion to Haywire Deluxe, or thought changing the one chip would do it. Sounded like he had already been told by someone to get this SS6420 chip when the thread started. I had seen a Double Diamond Haywire S2000 game and thought there might be one for the S+ but I didn't know one way or the other. Hope I didn't lead things astray.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48:33 PM »
Yah, I forget...Men are visual... :Tongue_Out:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »
Yah, I forget...Men are visual... :Tongue_Out:

guilty as charged   

:Smiley_Mooners:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:31 PM »
Yah, I kinda figured.... :jeannie: :jeannie: :jeannie:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 10:40:11 PM »
What RB said is correct.  Just putting the ss chip will give him an incompatible data error.  He needs to change the sp chip as well.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal