New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Splus alarm code 64 after replacing battery  (Read 21764 times)

Offline Deguila

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Deguila New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Splus alarm code 64 after replacing battery
« on: April 27, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
New to the Forum, please bear with me. I have an IGT "Haywire", recently had alarm code 12. I replaced battery and got the 61 alarm. Cannot seem to get to 61-1 to reset alarms. If I turn reset key I get alarm code 64. Any ideas? Do I need to get a "clear" chip?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Splus alarm code 64 after replacing battery
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
At 61, open door and push white self test button until you hear a ding and display changes to 61-1. At 61-1, close door completely and turn jackpot reset key ONCE. Do NOT turn the key at a 61.

A 64 should clear by opening and closing the door, but will most likely go back to 61, since the 61 wasn't cleared yet. A 64 is not a real common error. Are you certain it is an error and not last pay or something?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
Welcome to NLG. CVSlots is right. You might be jumping the gun a bit.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
Powered up machine, 61 came up. Opened door, pushed button.....no ding. 61 remains in window, never went to 61-1. Held button for 5 to 10 seconds. Also, in "Coins played" window it flashes a zero then nothing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:15:25 PM by Deguila »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 05:01:49 PM »
Is this machine new to you? Was it working fine previous to the battery change?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:05:07 PM »
Oh, and can you tell us what SP chip you are using? Some (or a few) of the earlier chips will not all go to the 61-1. If this is the case, I'm afraid you're going to need to clear it. Lets hope I'm forgetting something...

And let us know if you need help getting your SP chip number.  :yes:

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 05:20:42 PM »
Game Prom is SP737 TYPE2. Dated 02/07/95. Does this help? I have board out of machine, sitting in front of me.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 05:30:18 PM »
Hmmm....that's not a real early chip, and should have the 61-1 written in. Do you happen to have any other S+ machines or SP chips? Maybe there's something we can do to get you cleared with using a clear chip. That's assuming you don't have a clear chip?

Oh, and have you seen this machine operate correctly?

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
Parents have owned this machine for over 16 years. Performed flawlessly, no problems. My father passed away three years ago, now my mother and the grandkids have a ball with it. I was informed this week that it wouldn't "Play". I did a little troubleshooting and found the alarm code sheet stuck to back of door. 12 corresponded to bad battery. Replaced battery and here we are. I really appreciate any and all help.

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
No, I don't have any spare or clear chips. I am able to order whatever is needed. Does IVC 103 clear chip sound about right? If you can tel me what is needed I will order first thing tomorrow.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
I think there's a trick you can try first by grounding one of the chips on a metal surface. Before you try that, lets let one of the others chime in and help us out with that procedure, as I'm not real certain how to do it.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »
You did get the battery installed with the polarity the right way? Trying to think of a kink in the armor.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
You did get the battery installed with the polarity the right way? Trying to think of a kink in the armor.
:agreepost: :agreepost: :agreepost: :agreepost: :agreepost:

Post a picture of the board with chips and new battery.

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Yeah..LOL, Double checked that. Was thinking the same thing. I don't see any obvious burns or popped capacitors on board. Probably have to get a clear chip and go from there.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 06:40:43 PM »
Also check to see that there isn't a cash can door optic or something of that nature open and not "seeing" that the main door is closed and latched.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
I still don't get the 61 error when you hold the button in it doesn't go to 61_1. Then turning the reset key will go back to 61. That's the usual 61 "loop". Where is your test button located?

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »
New to the forum. How do I post picture to this forum? Address?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
I use my phone and download that to my laptop then when I post a reply, at the bottom of the reply the attachments and other options will let you check your computer or phone " maybe " and let you upload pics. Never done it off a phone before.

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »
White button on rack that holds MPU Board. Door shut, power up, 61 appears in payout window. Open door and press white button. 61 disappears, then reappears....no 61-1.

Offline Deguila

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »
Board assembly #7550570. Triple checked battery polarity, it is correct. Well guys its getting late here in Ohio, I will look at it again tomorrow with fresh set of eyes. Thanks for your input. I will check posts tomorrow to see if anyone came up with anything.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal