New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ cannot get past 61-1  (Read 3563 times)

Offline satelliteman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • satelliteman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ cannot get past 61-1
« on: May 09, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »
I have an IGT S+ slant top with a Double Black Tie theme.  This machine was acquired as part of a package deal & was non-functioning when I got it.  When I powered up the machine, the fluorescent lights were all that worked.  I replaced the battery on the board, but still had nothing in the digital display.  Checked the fuses, they all tested good.  While testing the fuses, I noticed that one of the fuse caps was different from the others.  It had a dome shape rather than a flat top.  It reminded me of a Bally-type cap.  I replaced it with the same type cap as the other two, powered up the machine, & now had a “61” in the display. I pressed the white button once, got the “chime” , & the 61-1.  I closed the door, turned the jackpot reset key once, & got no response.  Apparently, I’m in the dreaded 61 loop.  In reading the NGL forum, searching for a solution, people listed reasons for no response such as door optic misalignment & cash can door not closed.  My machine has no door optics, nor does it have a DBV.  Since nothing seemed to cure my problem, I ordered an S+ clear chip & tried it in the machine, following the instructions provided.  It went through the double count up on the display & I then powered down the machine, removed the clear chip & replaced it with the original chip.  Put the board back in the machine, powered it up & got the same 61, 61-1, and no response when turning the jackpot reset key.  Am I missing something?  Doing something wrong? 

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: S+ cannot get past 61-1
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:38 AM »
One thing you can do is check the door latch that removes the lower door
When you slide the cover to pull the pin on the door it must go back to original position or the lid will not close properly

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
Here is a picture of the latch

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
I have encountered this and in one instance it was a burnt pin on the 6 pin power plug going to the back plane board.

In another it was a bad EEPROM chip on the back plane board - especially if you get to 61-1 and it bounces back to 61 after closing the door and turning the reset key.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline satelliteman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 06:24:50 AM »
Thank you for your replies.

In response to the door not being closed properly, I'm sure it is closing properly.  It locks in, & the only way to open it is to release the door with the key mechanism.  The part that puzzles me is that I see no optics or switches on or near the door or lock mechanism to sense whether the door is open or closed.  If, in fact, they are there & I'm not seeing them, where would they be located?

In response to the second suggestion, I have looked at all the connectors searching for any signs of burning & have found none. (I did this earlier after reading of such scenarios on NLG).  Also, the machine does NOT return to 61 after turning the jackpot reset key.  It stays at 61-1, and does absolutely NOTHING.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

Offline Haywire Slots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Haywire Slot Machines of Houston
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 06:47:25 AM »
With 61-1 on the display, when you close the door, does the 61-1 flash off for a second then come back on? If it does not, then one or more of your door sensors is not operating correctly. The reset key will not clear out the 61-1 with a door open.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
powered up the machine, & now had a “61” in the display. I pressed the white button once, got the “chime” , & the 61-1.  I closed the door, turned the jackpot reset key once, & got no response.  Apparently, I’m in the dreaded 61 loop.

I have changed the topic of your post.  You are not in the "61 loop".  The 61 loop is when you have a 61 on the display, press/hold the self test button to get 61-1, and then when you close the door and turn the jackpot reset key, the display goes blank for a second and then goes back to 61.  Hence, the loop -- it will keep doing that forever.

In reading the NGL forum, searching for a solution, people listed reasons for no response such as door optic misalignment & cash can door not closed.  My machine has no door optics, nor does it have a DBV. 

Well, glad to read that you searched the NLG forum for your solution, and you are on the right track.  If a 61-1 won't clear (ie. it just stays on the display), it is because the machine is not detecting the door(s) as closed.  You stated that you do not have door optics on your machine -- if that's the case, that's your problem.  IGT S+ slant top machines are designed to have door optics on them.  One half of the optic pair is mounted on the machine near the arm rest, and the other half is attached to the hatch door that opens.  When the door is closed and latched, the two optics align and send a signal to the machine that the door is closed.

I don't have a slant top machine to be able to take pictures of where the optics should be, but you're going to need to install them in your machine if you want to get past the 61-1.  Hopefully a S+ slant top owner can post in this thread with a picture or two of where the optics are supposed to be, and what wires they're attached to.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »
There is this bastardzied fix some use to eliminate the optics. They remove the optics and take one of the two pin, machine side, optic connectors and reverse the wiring. Pin 1 goes to 2 and pin 2 goes to 1 by making a jumper cable that reverses the pins and jumpers from the optic emitter 2 pin connector to the optic receiver 2 pin connector.

To open the door you unplug one side of the jumper cable, to close the door you plug it back in.

Maybe your machine has that setup?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:55:50 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I'm personally not a big fan of bypassing S+ optics.  I know there are some SP chips that simply will not clear a 61 error unless there are actual functioning optics in the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
I agree, usually the transistor on the MPU board, the one that drives the opto emitter diode, gets blown when the wires get crossed incorrectly and even the jumper option doesn't work.

Offline satelliteman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:15:36 AM »
Once I did more research & started paying attention to what the blinking of the candle was trying to tell me, I was able to get the machine to move on past the 61-1.  (Some responses also alluded to the "door open" condition)  The machine has no optics for the door (optics ordered).  I was able to find the connectors for the door side & cabinet side optics. After grounding one of the wires ( on the door side, I believe),  machine displayed 65-1.  I pressed the test button once & it cleared.  In the process of trying to get the machine to play using coins, I discovered (after hitting a 20-coin winner & getting a coin jam as the coins moved up the chute) that the machine has a 50 cent hopper & coin chute in it.  The coin entry is for a quarter. Darell from slots4home had a 25 cent hopper & chute that I purchased.  I am awaiting delivery of it at this time. Hopefully there will be no more surprises with this machine once I get the hopper & chute installed.
Thanks to all who responded.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal