New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Sizzlin 7s several question from a newB  (Read 4292 times)

Offline meSz

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • meSz New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Sizzlin 7s several question from a newB
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
All,

New to the group so please accept my apologies upfront if I post anything that is not compliant or that this post is in the wrong category!

On to my questions! I recently obtained an IGT Sizzlin 7's (B5033CFW) machine that I have several questions about. These questions are as follows:

1. Upon turning the machine on the blue light on the tower is flashing which I understand means there is an error but where should I see the error code? There is no numbers on any of the displays other then a 0 on the credits! I can put coins in and play games but only 3 quarters. I no longer can get the machine to accept bills!
2. As for bills, I was able to install bills at first but now that I get the error (question 1) the mahcine no longer will accept bills at all. I can hear the DBV powering up and I can see red LEDs on inside the unit! All of the switches on the DBV are set to OFF. On a DBV side note, when the machine was accepting bills I am able to install a new $20 but new 5 and 10 would be rejected.
3. When first playing the machine I was able to put a $20 in and play for well over an hour without ever coming close to losing my credits. I hit trip 7s 4 times. Is there a way to reduce the percentage of wins?
4. Is there any place to obtain a manual for these machines?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

meSz

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT Sizzlin 7s several question from a newB
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »
1.  After power up, the blinking tower is normal, after the first game play, it should turn off.  Did you ever take the money out of the cash cans?  Since you probably did, you may not have inserted the cash can back in properly.  Remove it and re-insert it making sure it clicks all the way.  Your dbv should cycle (hear gears spinning) after properly inserting the can.
2.  The DBV software needs to be updated.  I believe the last update to your model was new $10's.  I don't think there was ever a new $5 update for that.
3.  What you experienced is called volatility.  There will be times when the machine pays more than usual, other times it will seem like it doesn't pay a lick.  Over the long term, meaning hundreds of thousands of plays, it will level out statistically to what your chip is programmed to pay.  If you post your SS chip number, we can look up the percentage the machine is set to.
4.  The manual varies based on the software installed on your machine.  There are hardware manuals posted in the download section on this site, but you have to be a contributing member to get access.

Have a look at the S+ faq for some information:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline meSz

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »
rickhunter thanks for the post!

Q1 is resolved. When I put the door back in I didn't push hard enough.
Q2 is there an easy way to update the DBV?
Q3 Apologies as I am not certain as to what the SS chip is. Provided picture of chips that had info on them. If this is no right let me know and I will gladly get the info needed.
I did follow the instructions in the link you provided. When I pressed the white test button till the 4 showed in the Coins Played display the Winners Paid displayed alternated between 0 (not 00) and 7676. The Credits display reflects 0872 but this is the only number. The Credits display does not alternate. 
Q4 not a problem, always willing to contribute to sites like this as they're a great resource!

Thanks again,

meSz
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 01:10:00 PM by meSz »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
1.  Awesome!!!  :applause:
2.  Your DBV head will either have an eprom or be flash based.  If it is an eprom, you can just buy an eprom with the software on it and replace it, if it is flash, you need to send your head to get it flashed by someone who can.  Remove the head and look at the bottom of it, if you have a socketed chip, you need an eprom, if it is a surface mount chip, you need to send it out to flash.
3.  your chip is an SS7676, it is a 92.517% chip (Pays back 92.517% for every dollar you put it).  13% of the time you will win something, or every 7 spin or so on average you will hit a winner.
The 872 number is your SP chip SP872.  There is a file that explains all the option settings for that particular SP chip in the download area.
4.  Awesome, this site continues to survive with donations, so they are very important for the operator.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
1.  After power up, the blinking tower is normal, after the first game play, it should turn off.  Did you ever take the money out of the cash cans?  Since you probably did, you may not have inserted the cash can back in properly.  Remove it and re-insert it making sure it clicks all the way.  Your dbv should cycle (hear gears spinning) after properly inserting the can.
2.  The DBV software needs to be updated.  I believe the last update to your model was new $10's.  I don't think there was ever a new $5 update for that.
3.  What you experienced is called volatility.  There will be times when the machine pays more than usual, other times it will seem like it doesn't pay a lick.  Over the long term, meaning hundreds of thousands of plays, it will level out statistically to what your chip is programmed to pay.  If you post your SS chip number, we can look up the percentage the machine is set to.
4.  The manual varies based on the software installed on your machine.  There are hardware manuals posted in the download section on this site, but you have to be a contributing member to get access.

Have a look at the S+ faq for some information:

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

My S+ machines have 95% payouts. There are times it beats you like an ugly stepchild.  :rotfl:    Welcome to NLG.  :cool_thumb_up:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline meSz

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 03:47:19 PM »
1.  Awesome!!!  :applause:
2.  Your DBV head will either have an eprom or be flash based.  If it is an eprom, you can just buy an eprom with the software on it and replace it, if it is flash, you need to send your head to get it flashed by someone who can.  Remove the head and look at the bottom of it, if you have a socketed chip, you need an eprom, if it is a surface mount chip, you need to send it out to flash.
3.  your chip is an SS7676, it is a 92.517% chip (Pays back 92.517% for every dollar you put it).  13% of the time you will win something, or every 7 spin or so on average you will hit a winner.
The 872 number is your SP chip SP872.  There is a file that explains all the option settings for that particular SP chip in the download area.
4.  Awesome, this site continues to survive with donations, so they are very important for the operator.

1. Resolved
2. It's flash base, any recommendations as to who to send it out too?
3. So is there other chips you can buy with lesser/more of a payout? What is the common payout?
4. Donation already made! Can someone advise me as to the correct manual to download for my game? Again it's a B5033CFW

THANKS again!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:23:02 PM by meSz »

Offline meSz

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »

My S+ machines have 95% payouts. There are times it beats you like an ugly stepchild.  :rotfl:    Welcome to NLG.  :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks for the post and the greetings! So the fact mine pays 92.51% is not really high!? Would be interested in knowing what the lowest and highest amount of payout there were/are for these machines!

Also, made a donation so that I could have access to the downloadable files but perplexed as to which manual/file I should download for my machine. Looking to see how to reset the machine if someone hits a big jackpot. I know if a jackpot exceeds the amount of coins you can do a payout and then you have to reset the machine using the key on the side???

Basically looking to learn as much as I can on the machine as to how it operates and what you can do to it!

Thanks again for the posts!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »
This is the PSR for SP872
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1057

This is the technical manuals for your machine type.  You should refer to your machine as S+ upright, the model stamped on the side doesn't really mean anything, as that changed over the years.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=87

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=93

Offline meSz

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
This is the PSR for SP872
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1057

This is the technical manuals for your machine type.  You should refer to your machine as S+ upright, the model stamped on the side doesn't really mean anything, as that changed over the years.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=87

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;cat=93

Thanks for all the information and the education! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

I am just hoping these machines aren't as addictive as pinball machines!!

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »

I am just hoping these machines aren't as addictive as pinball machines!!

Oh, NO.... :no: :no:
Their not addicting at all  :yes: :yes: :fryingpan: :wave:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:44:26 AM by Neonkiss »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:39 PM »
LOL yeah I have pinballs too. 85% is the lowest and around 97% the highest. I haven't looked but ballpark. These are 10 times worse than pins.  You need a big room because they WILL multiply. You're gonna love this new addiction!
Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline meSz

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:30 PM »
LOL yeah I have pinballs too. 85% is the lowest and around 97% the highest. I haven't looked but ballpark. These are 10 times worse than pins.  You need a big room because they WILL multiply. You're gonna love this new addiction!
Dave

Great, I knew I should have just got hooked on heroin......would've been cheaper!!!

Where does one get different chips to change the % and also who can I send my DBV to in order to have it updated? I tried new $10, 50 and 100 and it wont take them.

Thanks again for everything!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »
No, they are not addicting at all.   :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal