New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Monster Jackpot question.  (Read 17893 times)

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS Monster Jackpot question.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 11:46:45 PM »
You have to use a monitor with the right timing support.  BB2 wide games are all 1680x1050.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 01:30:58 AM »
Try this...

Once the game loads on the dual 22" monitors, disconnect the top monitor and plug it into another monitor. I used to trick the MPU when I was in the transition for 19" to 22". Problem is, when you reboot your machine, you have to make the switch again.
-------
Charles

Offline Haywire Slots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.Haywire Slots Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Haywire Slot Machines of Houston
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 06:24:56 AM »
Here is the a pic of my Monster Jackpots project. Still gathering parts for it, can't wait to have her up & running.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 06:39:29 AM »
Nice!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 07:29:20 AM »
I assume you have actually done this? If so what monitor specifially are you using? i.e. resolution / Aspect ratio / refresh rate etc.... I have tried a 32 inch 720 TV and a 32 inch monitor with a higher resolution and cannot get it to work. The image for the 32 inch screen shows up but appears to be cut off some at bottom of screen (on both monitors). The game then just sits there in configuration mode forever.  The game works fine on the dual 22" screens with the top monitor sideways as you know. Am I just overlooking something simple? I hope so. Please let me know if you know. I have an e-mail to Ceronix. Hope to hear from them tomorrow if no one knows here.
This dongle game plays fine on a BB2 with a larger monitor up top.  Nothing else special needed.

You need a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor to begin with. I use an NEC V332 and it works perfectly.  It's not a TV, it's a hi res display monitor.  No screen cut off.  Even works fine when I switch CPUs to play BB3 vertical games.

Attached is the specs on the ceronix 32" screen they sell for WMS Bluebird machines.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:37:40 AM by idesign »
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
Ok. Will this Ceronix Monitor work? It says it is a 16:9 ratio. The other issue it appears is: I need / want a wall mountable monitor. It looks like the Ceronix is not wall mountable on the back of it (I want to be able to swing the Monitor in & out of the way). Do you happen to have a link for the NEC V332?. In my quick search I was not able to find it. Thanks for everyone's help. I would really like to get this going.
I assume you have actually done this? If so what monitor specifially are you using? i.e. resolution / Aspect ratio / refresh rate etc.... I have tried a 32 inch 720 TV and a 32 inch monitor with a higher resolution and cannot get it to work. The image for the 32 inch screen shows up but appears to be cut off some at bottom of screen (on both monitors). The game then just sits there in configuration mode forever.  The game works fine on the dual 22" screens with the top monitor sideways as you know. Am I just overlooking something simple? I hope so. Please let me know if you know. I have an e-mail to Ceronix. Hope to hear from them tomorrow if no one knows here.
This dongle game plays fine on a BB2 with a larger monitor up top.  Nothing else special needed.

You need a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor to begin with. I use an NEC V332 and it works perfectly.  It's not a TV, it's a hi res display monitor.  No screen cut off.  Even works fine when I switch CPUs to play BB3 vertical games.

Attached is the specs on the ceronix 32" screen they sell for WMS Bluebird machines.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »
Looks like you are headed for some fun. The Monster Game is awesome!!
Here is the a pic of my Monster Jackpots project. Still gathering parts for it, can't wait to have her up & running.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »
I am more than a little Leary of trying this. Probably be a last resort thing. It is good to hear you got it to work without damaging anything.

Try this...

Once the game loads on the dual 22" monitors, disconnect the top monitor and plug it into another monitor. I used to trick the MPU when I was in the transition for 19" to 22". Problem is, when you reboot your machine, you have to make the switch again.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2015, 08:45:24 AM »
Ok. Will this Ceronix Monitor work? It says it is a 16:9 ratio. The other issue it appears is: I need / want a wall mountable monitor. It looks like the Ceronix is not wall mountable on the back of it (I want to be able to swing the Monitor in & out of the way). Do you happen to have a link for the NEC V332?. In my quick search I was not able to find it. Thanks for everyone's help. I would really like to get this going.
[

Yes, 16:9 is what WMS uses and the V322 is 16:9.  It's been replaced by something else by now, I think the v323.  It's a VESA mount monitor so that's the way I use mine mounted on the wall next to the machine.  The Ceronix monitor is a direct replacement for the Kristal monitor so it's made to mount in the machine, not like you want to use it.

NEC link below
http://www.necdisplay.com/p/large--screen-displays/v322?type=support

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »
I doubt it, it's a tv, not a display monitor so how you gonna hook it up to the VGA port on the CPU?

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »
I doubt it, it's a tv, not a display monitor so how you gonna hook it up to the VGA port on the CPU?
I thought all TV's nowadays have a VGA/PC input.. But you're prob right and it would error out if it could be connected..

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2015, 06:35:18 AM »
I thought all TV's nowadays have a VGA/PC input.. But you're prob right and it would error out if it could be connected..

Look at the specs on it, input connections are typical TV set.  No VGA, and adapters to HDMI from VGA don't work unless you get an active device that converts the signal and fools the CPU into thinking it is connected to a VGA monitor which will probably cost more than the monitor.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 07:18:26 AM »
Try this one on ebay 

Or this one
271974065209 which supports higher resolution

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 07:31:55 AM »
Try this one on ebay 

Or this one
271974065209 which supports higher resolution
Cool, Thanks. The 2nd ( 271974065209 ) seems like a good price.  :cool_thumb_up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-MultiSync-V323-32-LED-backlit-LCD-flat-panel-/271974065209?hash=item3f52eae439

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 08:17:33 AM »
Ok, I found the Monitor use you V322. You are correct it has been replaced by V323 and replaced again according to the person I talked to. The V323 is available. I will likely order the NEC V322 (refurbished) with warranty. The thing that is getting me is the Upstar Monitor I have Specs are almost identical to both the V322 & V323. It seems like the Upstar should work. The VGA Resolution is 640 X 480 which is to small I assume? I cant see the VGA resolution on the NEC models. Can you give some insight to this that I am missing? Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for helping. Really do appreciate your help & time.

[

Yes, 16:9 is what WMS uses and the V322 is 16:9.  It's been replaced by something else by now, I think the v323.  It's a VESA mount monitor so that's the way I use mine mounted on the wall next to the machine.  The Ceronix monitor is a direct replacement for the Kristal monitor so it's made to mount in the machine, not like you want to use it.

NEC link below
http://www.necdisplay.com/p/large--screen-displays/v322?type=support

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »
I have no clue about an Upstar Monitor.  I'm telling you what works.  The link on ebay provide the specs on the v322 and v323, so compare them. The high res of the v323 isn't really needed to play vertical games though.  Also, not all monitors even with a VGA input will work with the BB2 CPU.  Specifically TV set monitors that do not communicate correctly with the CPU.  So buy whatever you want and let us know how it works out for you.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
I didn't mean to Tee you off Jeff (if you are). Just trying to realize why some monitors (with same apparent specs) works and some do not. I see why the TVs won't work. I will just get the V322 and advise what happens. If it works on your end it has to work on my end I hope.  :thank_you:
I have no clue about an Upstar Monitor.  I'm telling you what works.  The link on ebay provide the specs on the v322 and v323, so compare them. The high res of the v323 isn't really needed to play vertical games though.  Also, not all monitors even with a VGA input will work with the BB2 CPU.  Specifically TV set monitors that do not communicate correctly with the CPU.  So buy whatever you want and let us know how it works out for you.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 08:57:01 AM »
I didn't mean to Tee you off Jeff (if you are). Just trying to realize why some monitors (with same apparent specs) works and some do not. I see why the TVs won't work. I will just get the V322 and advise what happens. If it works on your end it has to work on my end I hope.  :thank_you:

You didn't Tee me off, but if you do a little research you can find the specs on these monitors very easily.  You can also download the manuals on them and get better info than what is posted on ebay.  I'm sure others will work to.  I have an ELO 32" monitor with touch screen and that works too.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
I am glad to hear I did not Tee you off. The thing is I have done quite a bit of research and some of it is elusive. Harvs knows that also. Anyways, I tried a Hot Swap as Charles suggested. The Monitor I have works!! I don't want to do that on a regular basis. Can someone let me know if the image on large monitor is correct or is it cut off at the bottom?

You didn't Tee me off, but if you do a little research you can find the specs on these monitors very easily.  You can also download the manuals on them and get better info than what is posted on ebay.  I'm sure others will work to.  I have an ELO 32" monitor with touch screen and that works too.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal