New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS Monster Jackpot question.  (Read 17896 times)

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WMS Monster Jackpot question.
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:19 AM »
Looks correct to me, which monitor is that one?
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »
Great, thank you!! I feel a little better about this stuff now. Time to get on with it.  :propeller:   :thank_you:
Looks correct to me.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
Which monitor is that one?

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
It is the Upstar monitor. I just shut down machine with that monitor connected and restarted. The image displayed on 32 inch is not correct so the game will not load as before. Looks like the Hot swap is the only way to do it for some odd reason. If it is a setting I can't find it. I am ordering the NEC V322 now. I don't want to mess with Hot swapping unless someone knows what else I can try  :Scratch-Head:

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Ok, this weird. I am responding to my own quote  :banghead:  I received the NEC V322 Monitor. Same issue as the Upstar Monitor. I can "Hot Swap" and it works but game will not load with the NEC V322 or Upstar Monitors from either a Clear or just shutting down game and re-starting. It works and loads just fine with the Dual 22" monitors. I tried another CPU 2, No good. I tried a different operating system, No good. I have tried different setting in both monitors, No go. Does anyone have any other suggestions for me to try? I would really like to not have to "Hot Swap" cables if possible. Maybe that is what I will have to do  :no:
It is the Upstar monitor. I just shut down machine with that monitor connected and restarted. The image displayed on 32 inch is not correct so the game will not load as before. Looks like the Hot swap is the only way to do it for some odd reason. If it is a setting I can't find it. I am ordering the NEC V322 now. I don't want to mess with Hot swapping unless someone knows what else I can try  :Scratch-Head:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
Something is different.  It works fine for me.  I have a suspicion that it has to do with the VGA cable you are using.  Check the cable to make sure all pins are connected.  Some have all the pins but that are not connected at both ends.  Try a different cable.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »
Ok, 4 different VGA cables. All the same result. Sits in configuration mode as before. Weird to say the least. I am gonna grasp at a few things: My machine is a BB1 conversion > BB2. Is it possible the Power supply would have anything to do with it? It is possible the installed TSE board would have anything to do with it? If I ever figure out what the issue is I will post it.
Something is different.  It works fine for me.  I have a suspicion that it has to do with the VGA cable you are using.  Check the cable to make sure all pins are connected.  Some have all the pins but that are not connected at both ends.  Try a different cable.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »
No tse board is required to play monster jackpots, remove it and see if that helps. Did you check the VGA cables for continuity on all pins? The machine I play it on is a BB2 so I can't comment on if playing it on a BB1 is an issue.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 07:49:48 AM »
Also, what OS are you using with this game?

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 08:51:53 AM »
OS I am using is H13.37 SSSG-000-16B3. SHA1-26E4. I am not sure how to check continuity on the cables. Visually they all look ok. Last night I was looking at different VGA cables. I have a higher end SVGA cable coming (I am not sure what my other ones are). It will be here Tuesday and we will see what happens. If that does not work I will see about disconnecting the TSE Board. Thanks for helping Jeff
Also, what OS are you using with this game?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »
You need to use an ohm meter to check the pins.  That game was meant to work with OS 16A2 so 16B3 should  not be causing any problems other than it will lock up an OLED deck and prevent it from being flashed to drop back to H9.XX games.

If you have the TSE board in your top box you can disconnect it at the backplane by disconnecting the cable at J21. It's an easier way than removing to top monitor to get to the TSE board.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
If you continue to have problems then an easy work around would be to buy a VGA switch box off ebay and just switch from the top monitor to the 32" after the game boots up.

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
I seen Harvs did a VGA box. I may do that if the SVGS cable does not work. Thanks for the heads up  :thank_you:
If you continue to have problems then an easy work around would be to buy a VGA switch box off ebay and just switch from the top monitor to the 32" after the game boots up.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2015, 08:15:22 PM »
I seen Harvs did a VGA box. I may do that if the SVGS cable does not work. Thanks for the heads up  :thank_you:

Actually that would work. A simple click back and forth to that VGA and it'd be good. Here's the link again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121801429518?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hopefully you'll have that game spinnin with minimal issues soon!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »
I went ahead and ordered that. Thanks for the link Harvs!! Even if the SVGA cable works the box will be much easier to deal with. This was brought up before by Jim Salyer. I few folks replied and mentioned that they thought the box messed with the picture some. Any thoughts on that Harvs? I do have the monitor mounted on wall and game is / has been working (just not like it should)

Actually that would work. A simple click back and forth to that VGA and it'd be good. Here's the link again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121801429518?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hopefully you'll have that game spinnin with minimal issues soon!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »
I haven't noticed any change in picture quality or any issues.. I have only tested it on Hitchcock. The media images look the same as if I was using the cable straight from the monitor. - I will update though once my EBB deck arrives and I'm able to spend more time with TSE games.

Offline iramack

• Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2015, 04:47:08 PM »
How do you get past the OLED deck with Hitchcock?  Are you unplugging the power to it, or the usb cable.  Usually the program won't load if it detects an OLED deck while it boots.......................

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
How do you get past the OLED deck with Hitchcock?  Are you unplugging the power to it, or the usb cable.  Usually the program won't load if it detects an OLED deck while it boots.......................

Thanks,

Steve
Yes, unplugged the OLED just to test. Should have my EBB soooooon!

Offline T

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »
I received the VGA switch box. It works very. It seems like it adds some darkness but not enought to bother anything. You can acually run both the upper 22 inch (sideways monitor) and 32 inch vertical monitor at same time (if you want to). Pretty cool. Thanks guys and thanks Harvs for the link!.  I purchased the Price Is Right (Plinko) and it loads right up with 32 inch monitor connected already unlike Monster Jackpots. Is Monster Jackpots and Plinko the same or similar system? If so what other games are in the system type? 

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Cool. Glad it works with the 32..

I wonder why Monster has an issue and Plinko doesn't.. Odd. - Wish I could be of more help on that, but Harvs has yet to setup a 32" top game.. Coming soon though!!  :cool_thumb_up:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal