New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Button deck lights not working  (Read 3687 times)

Offline SlotMachine4You

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • SlotMachine4You New User barely matters.SlotMachine4You New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • SlotMachine4You
Button deck lights not working
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »
John Wayne machine plays fine but no button lights the majority of time and service light stays lite but is dim when button lights are not working. Out of the blue they started working yesterday but are back out today.

Before this, I also was not getting power to the printer so now I'm thinking their related.

Power supply issue?  Board issue?

Somewhat new to Bluebirds. Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Button deck lights not working
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:59 AM »
I'm not a BB expert but here are some things I'd take a look at,,,,,,,

The power supply could be a problem but I'd think you'd have other lights going out also, unless the button lamps are the only lamps using that voltage from the power supply. If you have a meter (avail for low cost from places like Home Depot, Lowes, etc) you can check the lamp voltage at the button deck to see if it is there or not when the lamps are not working. It will be a low voltage, such as 5 or 7 volts, maybe higher like 12 volts, depending on the machine. Sometimes it is AC, sometimes DC. If you remove one of the button lamps it will have a number on it, that is one way to determine what the lamp voltage is. Someone here familiar with your model of machine might know exactly what the lamp voltage is.

Also check the fuse caps, especially the ones on the low voltage output of the power supply, they can get corroded or loose and not allow power to go thru them intermittently.

Then I'd check the button lamp wiring, particularly connectors at the beginning of the button lamp power cable and also where the wires are attached to the first button. Over time the metal contacts in connectors can get corroded or loose. Metal contacts should be clean and have no oxidation/rust/pitting and they should connect to their mating contact snugly. If you see any burnt or brown coloration on connectors that is a sign of a problem with the contacts. Often times the push buttons are wired in series (sequence) from one to the next to the next, so if you have a bad connection at the first push button it kills all the following push button lamps also. Also look for any loose or broken ground wires in the area.

Usually the button lamp wiring is run from the machine main cabinet area and across the door hinge area to get to the button deck and the wires can get pinched or damaged when the door is closed. Look for any wiring that has been crushed or had its insulation cut as it runs past the door hinge area. A wire can be broken inside the insulation and look ok, will make contact intermittently when bent.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:08:27 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »
Try loading another game if you can. I recall several games not lighting up the buttons. Reel Rich Devil 2 and the like as I recall..............

It was the game not the deck as the culprit.  However, if it was working before, then try the suggestions above.

SM

Offline SlotMachine4You

• Supporting Vendors
  • SlotMachine4You New User barely matters.SlotMachine4You New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • SlotMachine4You
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:42:51 AM »
Update:  button lights are now lite but remain lite during game play.

Only one that goes out when pressed is the cash out button.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 05:40:33 AM »
Update:  button lights are now lite but remain lite during game play.

Only one that goes out when pressed is the cash out button.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Mike

Have you tried to pull your cpu and re-seat it on the back plane?

Offline SlotMachine4You

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
    • SlotMachine4You
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 05:51:33 AM »
I will give that a try.

Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 07:34:19 AM »
If there are no credits on the machine, do the buttons light up.  I think the buttons lit up all the time is a normal condition on some games since you can press any of the lit buttons during a spin to stop the reels intantly?  I have to go and load a bb1 mpu into my cabinet since I've been using a bb2 mpu since I got it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »
Update:  button lights are now lite but remain lite during game play.......

For the benefit of others that might have a similar problem what did you find that was making the button lamps not light up or cause them to be intermittent and also the power problem to your printer?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline SlotMachine4You

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
    • SlotMachine4You
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »
At this point, the problem is not solved. For no known reason, they lite up after the machine is on for about 20 minutes. They now remain lite even during play which should not happen. The candle light remains on as well.

Since the printer was not working, I removed it. I will have to see if power is now going to the harness.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:45:32 AM by SlotMachine4You »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »
I would replace the backplane with a known working one to see if it solves the problem.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline SlotMachine4You

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
    • SlotMachine4You
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
Reseated MPU several times, no change.

Backplane and power supply are next.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 06:16:20 PM »
Reseated MPU several times, no change.

Backplane and power supply are next.

I would try the backplane.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal