New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Open Door T on BB1??  (Read 3440 times)

Offline cobra617

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cobra617 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Open Door T on BB1??
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
Hi all,
i just picked up a Super Jackpot Party off of Craigslist. This is my first WMS. My other touchscreen is a Bally Alpha.

The machine worked fine at the person's home. As is often the case when these things move and get jostled, it isn't booting into the game. At the person's home, he mentioned an occasional problem with the DBV. He showed me this issue. When emptying the cash box, the DBV might make a "weird" sound at initialization. To fix it reseat the DBV. He showed me this as well.

My first boot at home gave me that DBV error (worst case, I buy another WBA-12-SS if this becomes annoying). I opened the door and reseated the DBV and that error cleared. Now I am stuck at a screen
The game seems to "halt" on a WMS splashscreen. On the bottom left it shows Open Door T. In the bottom middle it shows Restart and in the bottom right it shows Closure SMDB. I am thinking that the Open Door T message is my issue.
When I open the belly door, that message becomes Open Door TB (B for Belly??)
When I open the main door, I get Open Door TM  (M for middle??)
On my Alpha there is also a door up top, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:38:57 PM by cobra617 »

Offline The laneman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Open Door T on BB1??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 10:14:39 AM »
I think the "t" is a topbox error.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »
I think the "t" is a topbox error.

That is what I suspected based on my experience with my Bally Alpha but I couldn't see a Top Box switch anywhere on this WMS. my Alpha has an actual door up top. This one doesn't. I removed the top glass and looked around and didn't see a switch.

So I was troubleshooting the the DBV, and the Slot started working.

Though the DBV might be more than the DBV. I swapped in a WBA-13-SS (this machine has a WBA-12-SS) from another machine that I know works. And the WBA-13 wouldn't boot up properly either. I might start a new thread for that issue. The DBV starts to initialize and then I can hear it trying to "spin" but it seems to get stuck. I might have to post a sound file of it.

Thanks,

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
Try a different cash can?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
Try a different cash can?

Thanks Rick. I hadn't thought of that. This is a very quick check. It sucks that I won't get home until late.....when something doesn't work it eats away at me.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
I tried swapping a cash box (not the entire cage) and I had the same issue. Hmmm, the cage looks like a bit more work. I need to hop on it as my "parts" machine is a Bally 6000 that I need to sell. (That 6000 works perfectly I am just using it to diagnose my DBV issue since the entire assembly is the same).

Thanks,

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:12 PM »
The cage is probably the issue then.  The cage is a bit of work as you have to remove the assembly that holds the cage from the cabinet, then remove the cage.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 06:38:29 PM »
UPDATE: For archival purposes....

The housing ended up fixing this issue. Not the entire housing just the "L" shaped portion. I was able to get one for relatively cheap. When I was investigating the housing, I noticed that in the portion where the DBV head and transport slide into....there are two black "teeth" (for lack of a better term) in the middle along the back edge. On mine, one of these had a broken spring, so it wouldn't necessarily drop back down. I took a gamble (not much of a gamble since the cash box an head/transport swap didn't fix it) and replaced this housing.

Thanks all.   

Offline cobra617

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »
The cage is probably the issue then.  The cage is a bit of work as you have to remove the assembly that holds the cage from the cabinet, then remove the cage.

Thanks. This wasn't too bad. It took me longer to figure out how to remove it than it actually did to physically remove it.

What is a real pain is that I have some pop bumper lights to replace on a pinball. I need to remove a ramp and a whole slew of plastics to get to all 3 pop bumpers. Sigh....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal