New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2 TSE Board connection  (Read 10023 times)

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
BB2 TSE Board connection
« on: November 01, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »
It's still new and fresh so I don't want to try anything and mess it up, but does anyone know where to connect the TSE board in a BB2 cabinet?
-------
Charles

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: BB2 TSE Board connection
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 01:28:47 PM »
It's still new and fresh so I don't want to try anything and mess it up, but does anyone know where to connect the TSE board in a BB2 cabinet?

J21, Top Box Connection.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »
There is no top box connections in a BB2.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
You have to connect it to the backplane directly. I need to pin it out to make a cable myself.  I just haven't had the time to do it as i  have to take it away from another machine to test it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
Rick,

Do you know what spot on the backplane it needs to connect to? I thought on the BB1 it needed to connect to 2 connections.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
It's J21.  You need pin 17 RXD, 18 TXD, 11 +12v, 16 pwrd ground, 6 ground for serial port.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 09:17:46 PM »
Why are we wanting to put tse-tse boards in BB2 cabinets?

I thought all you had to do was "disable top box" in the setup menu......................??

Some of the 1.5 programs not working without it I suppose??

SM

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 09:26:59 PM »
Not all can be disabled.

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »
Bummer.......................

For example Ruby Slippers? Time Machine?...............etc.

SM

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 11:43:46 PM »
I think Ruby Slippers can, I'm not sure about time machine.  Maybe someone else know that for sure.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 05:32:39 AM »
Ruby Slippers can be disabled.., Time Machine needs the TSE installed to work.

Charles, could you post a pic of how you connected your TSE once installed, that'd be helpful to others and meself!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 06:13:45 AM »
I see..............

And then there's LOTR and Star Trek in both it's versions too.................

SM

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 06:17:42 AM »
I see..............

And then there's LOTR and Star Trek in both it's versions too.................

SM
LOTR and Star Trek work fine, no TSE needed. LOTR with OLED, Star Trek with button deck.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
Rick / Charles, I have a TSE with all cables etc and see J21, but it already has a harness connected. Do I need to add the pins mentioned to that harness from the TSE? Or unplug that and connect this?

Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »
If there's a cable connected, it probably leads the the molex connectors that are on the left side of the cabinet.  I will need to pin out to see what goes where so I can post a definitive answer.  the pins I posted, are the minimum pins needed to connect the tsetse board to the system.  I have not gotten too deep into the bb2 wiring differences yet, but I will probably this Sunday.  I will make up a harness for the bb2 and post my results when I finish with it and after I test it.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
If there's a cable connected, it probably leads the the molex connectors that are on the left side of the cabinet.  I will need to pin out to see what goes where so I can post a definitive answer.  the pins I posted, are the minimum pins needed to connect the tsetse board to the system.  I have not gotten too deep into the bb2 wiring differences yet, but I will probably this Sunday.  I will make up a harness for the bb2 and post my results when I finish with it and after I test it.
You're right, they do run to the left side behind the monitor. I'm going to take another look and make sure all go there though.

So, a majority of the harnesses off of the TSE pictured won't be used? Just the main 20pin Molex?

Here are a few pics for the thread..

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
Update.

If you have the OEM harness that comes with the TSE (as if pulled from a BB1) then it is just plug and play. Connect to J21 as Rick stated and you're good to go!  :cool_thumb_up:

I am going to trace the pins from J21 to the top left distribution mumbojumbo and make a harness to fit that, just so I can mount the TSE behind the top monitor cleanly.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »
So the TSE board only plugs into 1 spot on the backplane? This whole time when it was in the BB1 I connected two cables (if I remember correct). I am a little confused.
-------
Charles

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 05:40:42 AM »
Yes, 1 spot. If you have the harness with the 20pin (1st pic), plug that right into J21 on the MB (2nd pic), works.

I am going to install it up top behind the monitor, but for now it tworks perfect sloppily laying in the machine.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »
On the legacy cabinets there were 2 harness' required. One for 12v power and the other was the "data" to the backplane.

I guess the BB2 cabinets can handle them both on one molex plug. Pretty sweet!

Enjoy those BB2's  I'm jealous.................. :hissyfit: Crazy jealous.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal