New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Progress - BB2 / NXT2 running BB1 dual screen games w/TSE  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Progress - BB2 / NXT2 running BB1 dual screen games w/TSE
« on: November 14, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
So, after installing a VGA switch box, cleanly running the VGA cables, and readjusting my one TSE  :arrowthruhead:, I am now to the point where I can start testing these games.. I know I will need a EBB deck (or just the board?), then hopefully a few of these games will run on the NXT2 without having to get a BB1 NXT MPU to swap. So far Hitchcock works  :cool_thumb_up:

Do ANY SSOS's work on NXT2? Or are there SSSG's that will work on older SSOS games?

Here's a link to the VGA switch box:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121801429518?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also use the switch box to run images on the top monitor for games that don't have top images.. (button 1 = normal, 2 = TSE, 3 = media player. 4 = ?  etc)

:wave:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Progress - BB2 / NXT2 running BB1 dual screen games w/TSE
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
None of the SSOS games will work on a BB2 cpu.  Only SSSG games work and OS E1.11 games do not support the OLED deck.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »
None of the SSOS games will work on a BB2 cpu.  Only SSSG games work and OS E1.11 games do not support the OLED deck.
Ok. And right, no OLED, but games can be played off the screen. Just looking to be able to play a few games here and there without having to swap decks or MPU's.. Plus I wanted the ability to put up top monitor images without disconnecting the cable.

Like this morphed Tom Cruise image.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »
So, after installing a VGA switch box, cleanly running the VGA cables, and readjusting my one TSE  :arrowthruhead:, I am now to the point where I can start testing these games.. I know I will need a EBB deck (or just the board?), then hopefully a few of these games will run on the NXT2 without having to get a BB1 NXT MPU to swap. So far Hitchcock works  :cool_thumb_up:

Do ANY SSOS's work on NXT2? Or are there SSSG's that will work on older SSOS games?

Here's a link to the VGA switch box:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/121801429518?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also use the switch box to run images on the top monitor for games that don't have top images.. (button 1 = normal, 2 = TSE, 3 = media player. 4 = ?  etc)

:wave:

What are you using for a media player?  I have been thinking of going down this road!

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »
Right now I am using a mini laptop but am getting this from feebay soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-1080P-HDMI-Media-Audio-Video-Player-AV-VGA-USB-RMVB-MKV-SD-SDHC-AVI-RM-/171474382397?hash=item27ecab6e3d:g:wiQAAOSwDk5UJChB

I can then just plug in a USB and select which images I want..

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »
Harvs, did you leave the tsetse connected directly to the backplane or did you use the side connector on the cabinet?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »
Harvs, did you leave the tsetse connected directly to the backplane or did you use the side connector on the cabinet?
Because I ended up moving the TSE lower to have easy access to the card, and to make room for transmissive reels, I did leave it plugged in the MB.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
Looking at the photo, the place where you installed the tsetse is the place where the reel controller for the transmissive reels go.  You may have to move that board elsewhere, or put the reel controller elsewhere.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 04:26:44 PM »
Looking at the photo, the place where you installed the tsetse is the place where the reel controller for the transmissive reels go.  You may have to move that board elsewhere, or put the reel controller elsewhere.
Oh shat! What a dumbdumb I am.. Never had a WMS stepper.. Guess I have to find a different spot to place my TSETSE!

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 04:30:48 PM »
That is the same media player that I am using. It has a remote control with it.
It works great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-1080P-HDMI-Media-Audio-Video-Player-AV-VGA-USB-RMVB-MKV-SD-SDHC-AVI-RM-/171474382397?hash=item27ecab6e3d:g:wiQAAOSwDk5UJChB

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
That is the same media player that I am using. It has a remote control with it.
It works great!

:cool_thumb_up:  Hope I can find a place for it.. These BB2 cabs are about as roomy as my Geo Metro..  :rotfl:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Plan D-.. I will cut and make a metal cover to avoid bumping the sh!t.., But this better be the last time I move my TSE.., gonna cut it off if it keeps getting in the way..  :yes:

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »
I have used a Raspberry Pi for displaying top images/videos. You have to know a little bit of programming but there are 2 great YouTube videos out there to run the raspberry pi and program called screenly. You can even change the images directly from a PC or phone. I am testing it a bit more but will post a thread on how it works. I even made a video file that looks exactly like the Alice top box, with animation from the top box monitor.

Harvs - email me again and I will send you that video file.
-------
Charles

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »
I have used a Raspberry Pi for displaying top images/videos. You have to know a little bit of programming but there are 2 great YouTube videos out there to run the raspberry pi and program called screenly. You can even change the images directly from a PC or phone. I am testing it a bit more but will post a thread on how it works. I even made a video file that looks exactly like the Alice top box, with animation from the top box monitor.

Harvs - email me again and I will send you that video file.
Nice! I have a few PI's laying around from some pinball TV's I made! Would love to animate the images.

Email ya in a sec.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
Not a big update.. Just finally hooked up the SPN board.. There is actually a spot on the BB2 door for it, clicks right into the 3 stub-outs. Anywho, Hitchcock is tossin bonuses left and right, fun game.  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal