New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gamesman hoppers...cutting required?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Gamesman hoppers...cutting required?
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share a recent experience with my BB1 and Gamesman hopper.  All of my games take tickets and tokens.  This game takes dollar sized tokens.  For the longest time, I would randomly get coin-in jams in the comparitor.  Long story short, I finally discovered that the hopper opening/lip where the tokens slide into was higher than the coin chute ramp, thus causing the tokens to stop and pile up causing the machine to throw a coin jam error.  I tore apart the hopper and made sure it was put together correctly and tight.  Also adjusted the coin chute and comparitor.  Nothing I adjusted would change the outcome.

Finally, I decided to file down the hopper opening another inch and relocate the ground pin.  Guess what?  Everything works perfect now.  No more token jams.  Coin-in performance is flawless now.

So is it normal to have to do this with Gamesman hoppers?  Just curious.  I'm so used to IGT plug n play, this was a new experience for me and seems strange that this would be required to ensure operation.

Thoughts?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Gamesman hoppers...cutting required?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 12:06:32 AM »
My bb1 that takes coins is a nickel denom, so I've never had coin jams.  Maybe your hopper was not mean to be used on a bb1?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »
Do the 550s take Gamesman hoppers?  Every picture of a BB hopper that I've seen looks like the one I've got.  Ejects tokens just fine.

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:42:18 AM »
Here is a photo of the hopper from my 550 and the one off my bb1.  The 550 hopper is an asahi seiko on the left, the bb1 is a gamesman.  But the software is the same, the gamesman fits into my 550 with no issues, but if you notice, the hole cutout is higher on the wms550 hopper.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »
Yep, mines exactly like your Gamesman on the right Rick.  I wonder why mine wasn't lined up?  It's right as rain now.  The bottom of the cutout area was just a 1/4 inch too high.  I may have to snap some pics.

Jason

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 02:19:09 AM »
Are the holes you are referring to those I've circled in photo below? How close does the coin chute come to the edge of the opening, should the opening have been made or located differently on the Gamesman hoppers so that it would be the same as the Asahi Seiko hoppers?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
I think it is an issue that gamesman hoppers were also made for the 550 cabinet and the coin chute coming out of the comparitor is a bit higher on those.  I believe Jason has a hopper originally meant for a 550 and that is why his hole was higher as  shown on the difference between the asahi seiko and the gamesman.  The hoppers are compatible for either platform since they are basically cpunxt 1.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »
Here's a photo of mine.  I just cut the bottom of the cutout down a bit more. 

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
Thanks for photo, I lightened it a little so I could see more clearly what you did. Do you think there would have been a coin jam problem if you'd been using a smaller coin or token, that it was just an issue due to the dollar tokens? I don't have one of these machines but wanted to know more about the problem you found.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
No, the actual entry hole for the tokens was too high.  That is what caused the coin-in Jam.  He cut off about 1/4" to make it fit.  My best guess is that the hopper was originally a WMS550 hopper because the entry point on those is about that much higher than the bb1.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »
Smaller coin wouldn't have made a difference because the bottom of the hopper cutout was slightly higher than the coin chute ramp...hence the token dam that would build/backup. 

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 02:13:28 PM »
Look at the wiring differences along the hopper bowl between Rick's and mine.

Jason

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »
I see, I guess I got to thinking the problem was due to the size of the token. When you mentioned it was using a dollar size token in the original posting I took it that was a contributing factor and was trying to understand how that was so.  Somehow I thought any other smaller coin would have worked ok. I did notice the hopper probe wiring differences.

Thanks for the clarification!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal