New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 6000 game not playing proper  (Read 9561 times)

Offline Border01

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Bally 6000 game not playing proper
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »
I have a Bally Wild Times 3 reel single line slot machine. I purchased it with an 83fo error. I found on nlg that code was a program chip error. I removed the mpu and found it had installed a U28 and U43 clear chips no mains. I ordered and received new mains today. I did a full ram clear, installed the new mains, turned the power back on and than hit the change button (I have no idea how to set programming up). The game plays but the wins do not match up properly and the wild times bonus does not activate when it should. Do I have the wrong mains or do I need to program something?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally 6000 game not playing proper
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:56 PM »
not exactly sure but this might be what's going on,,,,,

There are often similar but slightly different versions of game software available. You may have received the wrong software eproms for your machine (I think this is what you are calling "mains). Can you show us a photo of your game eproms on the mpu board, with the labels readable? The software eproms have to be used with the correct reel strips or something like you describe can happen. If so, you can either get the correct game eprom chip/chips, or change the reel strips to match the game software you installed. The reel strips have a part number on one end, you can list that here for folks to check. Or show a photo of the strips. It sounds like there could be a mis-match between reel strips and game software chip/chips.

Another thing is that the reels may have been installed in the wrong positional order. For example, maybe reel #3 is in the #2 position. The reels are all the same but the strips mounted on them are not. The machine does not care what the reels show, they are just for the player's enjoyment. So you can have the reels installed in the wrong order and the symbols will not match the payoffs.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Border01

• Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.Border01 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:16:20 PM »
I really don't have any idea what I'm doing. I ordered the mains (in photo) from eBay. I hope the photos help.

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
1st, you need a 6000 manual to set it up, it's on the web in several places or D/L here.

2nd, make sure the reels are in the right order, reel strip number should be consecutive. ie: XXX4, XXX5, XXX6.

3rd, Provide the game chip numbers so we can see if they are even for your game.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 07:36:15 PM »
I honestly do not know what the original chip numbers would be. They were missing from the mpu. The location on the board is all I know. U28 and U43. I think based on your comments that I have the wrong chips. I dont know what I should do to obtain the correct ones?  I will look for numbers on the reels. I am very grateful for your guidance

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
The ends of the reel strips are overlapped and attached with a little gummy adhesive or double-sided tape. You can carefully pull the end of the reel strip up to see its part number. If you do this to each strip write them down and you can see if they are in sequence. Report what you find and we'll advise.

You may not have the correct game software chips but checking the reel strip is easier so I'd do it first. Plus knowing the part numbers of your strips will allow us to tell you what game software chips you should have.

Also, if you could post a more clear photo of your mpu board eproms (the chips will labels) that would help to read what is written on them. Maybe get a little closer to the board.

And don't worry about being unfamiliar with some of this stuff, everyone starts out this way.

Below are some strips (not yours) that show where most companies put the strip part number.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »
The game chips U18 & U20 not the mains

Offline pbwizard25

• Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »
Your game chips are U18 and U20. They may not be the correct chips for your game. I cant read the numbers on the chips to verify. I think they should be smi 9526. Scott

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »
The numbers on the reels make no sense.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 07:57:17 PM »
Here is an enlargement of the game chip area from your mpu photo. Unfortunately it is difficult to read. If you can read the labels better in person maybe you can tell us what they say. The 2 chips to read are U18 and U20, look for the markings on the board to tell you which chips are which.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 07:59:16 PM »
The numbers on the reels make no sense.

Read it backwards, like in a mirror.

M923-4642 maybe?

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »
This is on the mpu. No idea if it helps

Offline pbwizard25

• Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 08:07:58 PM »
I just looked up the e663111 number and they are the wrong game chips. You have game chips for a Black and White. It is not your mains. Scott

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »
I just looked up the e663111 number and they are the wrong game chips. You have game chips for a Black and White. It is not your mains. Scott

Just a guess, but someone may have stuck another mpu board from a different machine into your machine before you got it. They would explain it having the wrong game software chips. You will need to replace the game chips with the correct ones.

What is the history on the machine? Did you just get it, maybe the seller can tell you more about what has happened or maybe he still has the original mpu with the game chips you need.

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »
Thanks very much. The reels have the following numbers: 
Reel 1. M923-4641
Reel 2. M923-4642
Reel 3. M923-4643

Where can I buy the proper chips and what am I looking for?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 08:17:54 PM »

pbwizard,
Does your reference show what the correct game chip part numbers should be for his machine?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:33 PM »
Thanks very much. The reels have the following numbers: 
Reel 1. M923-4641
Reel 2. M923-4642
Reel 3. M923-4643

Where can I buy the proper chips and what am I looking for?

From your strip part numbers it looks like they are in the proper order. Someone probably stuck in a different mpu board from another machine.

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 08:20:30 PM »
Your chips are for:

All American
BLACK AND WHITE DOUBLE JACKPOT (TRIPLE 7S?)
TRIPLE BLAZING 7S DOUBLE JACKPOT
Triple Blazing 7s Double with Kilroy
Triple Blazing Double Money (Money Series)
Twist and Shout Double

Offline Border01

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 08:24:39 PM »
Is it possible to get the proper chips for wild times?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
Is it possible to get the proper chips for wild times?

yes, someone will have them. If no one here offers them to you then try contacting various slot machine dealers, there are several listed on the NLG homepage. If you can get the part number for each chip from one of the experts here then it will help you to get the correct chips. Otherwise you will ask for game chips for Bally 6000 Wild Times, 3 coin max machine. There may be a cross reference here on NLG that shows the game chip numbers, try looking at this sticky note at the top of this Bally forum:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=207.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal