New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Things to consider when rewiring  (Read 3427 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Things to consider when rewiring
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

This is a reachout to Nauseous who bravely is 'making' a new machine.  Good job mate.
Things to remember when re-wiring a machine -- especially regards the handle release coil.
It don't matter what color wire you use as long as it goes to the right spot.
You should always ID and write down somewhere just where what who and how the wire goes to/from
Every time a wire goes through a switch, it changes color.
You need to copy the bally wire color code and paste it on the front of your machine, or near you laptop. Red Blooded Yankee Girls Wear Brown Or Black Garters.  123456789  Zer0 as second letter is always NO trace on wire.
Things ending in a solid Orange (70) or blue (20) wire are usually the end of circuit.  Your job is to fix how they connect to the 30 wire-yellow.  Anytime you get a short (completed circuit) from the 30 to either the 20 or 70, then something turns on. Or turns on too long and melts.
The handle release coil is powered throught the Upstroke of the coin in switch (always a potential circuit through it when in idle state, because the CI-switch is always making to upstroke...look at your schematic, any schematic, they are all basically the same  -- you really don't need 'specific' model schematics to work on your machine once you realize this)
The handle release coil (as above) MUST first go through a normally closed handle release switch located rigth there by the coil.  Since the handle coil has potential power always via the upstroke of coin in switch, it MUST  be able to turn itself off (via that NO switch above.
The ONLY switch in line with the HRcoil that is Norm Open is the coin relay switch.  When you push down the coin in switch, it releases (trips) that trip coin relay (coin relay left on reel mech) and that is what closes the ONLY open switch to the handle coil.  To test this, just bend that switch to always closed, and you will always have free handle.  ALSO you can just remove the coin relay mechanism coil armature that release the assembly.  It's easy to do, just pull down slightly on armature, and carefully unhook the little spring) You now have free play, but those Diabolical Bally Engineers made sure that you will have no pays ever if this happens)
So first you work on getting downstroke of coin in switch (coin accept light comes on if you don't want to bother with opening door.) and then work on upstroke and handle release pulse.
I'm going on FAR toooo long.
Keep at it.
( I'd really be glad to give a class on working on EMs if anyone has the inclination to visit for day or so.  I taught slots here in Nevada for probably 10 years as well as doing much early pioneering design work on slots, )  Hey bring your broken machine, let's try to fix it.  Lets modify the pays.  Ooooo.
Love you guys.
cobergland aka oldreno etc.

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Things to consider when rewiring
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
 :hail:

It's going to take a while to absorb that but... great insight into the concept of the Bally EM's!

I realize it is out context but, do you know if there is a similar relationship to Gottlieb schematic design?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:36:14 PM »
No but would love to see one.  Prolly some serious similarities....

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »
Above post is a big jumbled mess, apologies to all.  It was that homemade wine I started on yesterday.  Don't know the proof, but kicked my butt.  Gotta stop that. Friends don't let friends post snockered.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
old Reno it sounds like you and me have a drinking problem

Offline rdaniel

• Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
Bally EM classes and general discussion taught by Old Reno would be a great idea. I for one would be very willing to make the trip. Great educational vacation and we could meet and get to know other forum members and contributors.

So when if a good time?

Rdaniel

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:19:26 PM »
I'm jammed for a couple of months yet, but I think it would be a very good class. (I will need to pick up a machine from somewhere however to teach on.  Ha.)  Rdaniel, what does your schedule look like?
We might be able to use our local Bridgewire makerspace to do this at. Could be a hoot.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
Reno I am moving so I will miss your class very disappointed but I will donate a machine and all the parts needed to build one I will have to stop at my warehouse in Reno before I pack it up and leave I will pick him a shame that's a good candidate to be built when you're done building it in your class sell it give the money to New Life games if that sounds good

Offline rdaniel

• Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:59:43 PM »
Old Reno,

Let me know when your schedule is clear and  I will check my calendar. We are doing this at your convenience so I will work around your availability.

Richard

Offline nauseous

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nauseous New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 03:21:41 AM »
Cheers Old Reno,

So I went for it and wired it up as per your hints. Played a few games and hey double cherries paid out...!
Stopped the clock and walked the reels to be 3 lamps on each. Nothing happened, but hey that's OK - i seem to have some functionality which is the best I've had so far.

Will be back with more. Wooohoooo!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal