New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Door Open MCP  (Read 24297 times)

Offline fastedy1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • fastedy1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Door Open MCP
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 09:05:07 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the picture of a good board, that helps! I will see what I can do this weekend, I already pulled the board to take the new picture so all I need to do is break out the solder station and hope all is well when I put the machine back together....

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »
Ok, if you need anything from backside let me know and I'll pull mine out to take pictures for you.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 09:22:01 PM »
I checked out the back of the board and followed the points, I should be OK,,, It's worth a shot anyway! I now have $140.00 into the machine,, not bad!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »
Did the machine have coin handling? Maybe a coin or tokens behind the mother board or one ended up on the back plane during an old move of the machine. It could be from a loose screw too that was laying on the board??
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »
I found 4 coins in the back of the machine, I hauled it home on its back.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:54 PM »
I found 4 coins in the back of the machine, I hauled it home on its back.

:Scratch-Head:  its ok to haul them that way as long as all the coins are out. Did you up plug it in as soon as you got it home, or did you clean it out first?  Did it work when you bought it, or was it sold to you like this?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
It had the errors when I bought it. I figured for the price it was still worth it.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 10:54:26 PM »
It had the errors when I bought it. I figured for the price it was still worth it.

That right.. Sounds like the previous owner moved it or had it moved with the hopper and coins still inside. A good used mother board/backplane are not that expensive. It might be worth pricing one out. Hopefully nothing more the a burnt trace, but electronics usually don't like shorts circuits.. I've fixed one thing on a board before only to have something else go up in smoke when I would test it, but I'm talking about older boards from the 1980's machines I tend to work on.
And remember...

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
Well I soldered the points and have no change, the board might be toast. Bummer!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2016, 09:52:59 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping that would fix your problem as well.  I'd be willing to test your motherboard in my machine if you'd like. Motherboards for these older machines with the I/O card tray aren't real easy to find anymore.  If you can find one that would be the next thing to replace.

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2016, 09:55:19 PM »
I can send it to you, pm me

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »
UPDATE! I want to thank Jonm287, Amechanic for their input on this issue and a big thanks to TILT for getting my machine backup and running! Tilt found the issue on the motherboard "burnt trace in two places, and a shorted diode (CR15)" he repaired it and I am now enjoying the Game King! Thanks again to all you guys for the assistance, I learned a lot about the Game King during this troubleshooting fun. This forum and the members are awesome!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2016, 07:49:38 PM »
Thanks for the update Ed, glad to hear your machine is up and running!  Have fun with it  :applause:

Offline fastedy1

• NLG
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
I am having a blast! Thanks again!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal