New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: check and replace pixel rom  (Read 6798 times)

Offline ALIDMAN

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.
  • NLG
check and replace pixel rom
« on: August 04, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »
HI everyone, my Friend have this game king and she plays it lot and she told me that one day this game showed picture as shows in attachment ,that the game has error window that says : CHECK AND REPLACE PIXEL ROM , I clear chip it with key 22 and game started and played for not even 5 minutes and it went back to same massage and I tried to clear chip it again but no luck and it goes to this massage again after trying to load up , do you think one of the cards gone bad?

If  the card is gone bad , how do I get set to replace it  or there is something else , I am not sure if key 22 chip is right thing for this , I have seen that in NLG they use key 40 or other key chips because the MPU board , I am not sure if this is 44 board . how do you tell the difference ? thanks for  help

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: check and replace pixel rom
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »
Yeah, that GK 5.x game is sitting on a legacy board connected to a 044 MPU.  I've seen that pixel rom error before and in my case it ended up being one of the smaller SIMMs.  Make sure all SIMMs and EPROMs are secured properly and in the correct sockets.  If nothing else works, I'd try clearing it.  I always used a 40 key clear with those games.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »
There are two simms that are the PIXEL ROMs.  PXLF3 and PXLF4, sometimes they just go bad.  You can try removing them from the system, use a pencil eraser to clean the silver contacts on the bottom (the long edge with the little notch in the middle). Using the pencil eraser, just rub it really well on both sides to remove any oxidation that may have formed over time.  Do it for both PXL simms.  Re-insert board and try again.  If it doesn't fix it, then your pxlf simms are bad (or going bad) and need to be replaced.  You must get the exact same versions of the pxlf simms, or the game won't work. Unfortunately, without the proper equipment it is impossible to tell which of the two simms is the one giving you issues (it could also be both, but highly unlikely).  The vendors listed on the main page here might have those particular simms, sometimes it is easier to just buy a complete set though. 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 01:32:54 PM »
Check the dip switch settings on all the ROM's including the sound ROM
Something doesn't look right

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »
Dip switches look to be OK to me.  Should be:

PXLF3 C0001187 16MG ON ON ON OFF
PXLF4 C0001187 16MG OFF ON ON OFF
SNDF  DSS00334 16MB OFF OFF OFF OFF

Offline ALIDMAN

• ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.ALIDMAN Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 11:59:07 PM »
thank you guys , I will try to clean the pixels like Mr. Hunter said and see what happens , if that does not work  then I will do the posting to see who has them , thank you again

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 04:29:24 AM »
Dip switches look to be OK to me.  Should be:

PXLF3 C0001187 16MG ON ON ON OFF
PXLF4 C0001187 16MG OFF ON ON OFF
SNDF  DSS00334 16MB OFF OFF OFF OFF

Thanks Tilt
I noticed the difference in the dips, but being unfamiliar with the settings I was not sure they were correct.

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
thanks again for all your help, I did clean the legs of chips like Mr. Hunter said and they did look spotty , but no luck , I need to buy key 40 and I have put add to buy the rom chips , lets see and hope someone has set .

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 10:31:52 PM »
For what it's worth, there is a Game King 5.1 set on eBay right now.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
thanks I will check it out

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:45 AM »
Thanks again for all the help , I did check the EBAY and the set sold , I found another one which brought new question : can I just change the whole platform from simms card to game eproms and can I use my MPU board that I have right now ? the current set for sale on ebay is describe as : The base rom is 837 making this the commonly referred to 4.3 software , it has 7 eproms

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 08:13:46 AM »
Yes, you can install 4.3 on the legacy adapter board, there are sockets for all the EPROMs.  Going from 5.0 to 4.3 you will lose a couple of the Keno and slot games, but will have more poker games to choose from. 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »
Going from 5.0 to 4.3 is quite a step backwards in my opinion.  The difference in graphics alone was enough for me to never look back when I moved to the 5.x series.  Same from 5.x to 6.x.  But that's me.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »
thanks for the input but I am just looking to the options if I can not find simms card how I can fix machine for my friend ,she is lonely old lady and this game and one slot machine is what keeps her busy all day , thanks again and I will keep looking to find simms card first

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »
She most likely won't care about less modern looking graphics then, but may miss some of the games in 4.3, especially if she likes the Keno and or slot games that 5.0 has. 

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 08:13:19 PM »
I have 2 sets of simms and eproms  coming ,good news is I got key 40 and playing with it , I got the game agree to set up , I do have the step by step that was post by tilt but still have to figure out how to make it work , i will make spread sheet and add all the info so newbe like me wont have hard time to do set up , thank you for all the help , i let you guys know how it went i am trying to set it up with 31 games , she does not know about that yet ,I will surprise her so she will be very happy 

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
before I say anything I would like to let everyone to know how thankful I am for all your help and input , I got the key 40 and I put the new simms card in set it up and it has been on for 2 hours and playing nice with no issues , thank you again for all your help http://newlifegames.com/nlg/Smileys/default/thank_you.gifhttp://newlifegames.com/nlg/Smileys/default/hail.gifhttp://newlifegames.com/nlg/Smileys/default/applause.gifhttp://newlifegames.com/nlg/Smileys/default/rotfl.gif

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 03:11:16 PM »
Excellent  :applause: .  Glad you were able to get it fixed.  I'm sure the lady you fixed it for is happy as well.

Offline ALIDMAN

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
I just finish talking to my friend and she ask me to tell all my friends , thank you for all the help , she was very excited especially when I told her I was able to add 6 more games to her machine , also got the printer to work , these 2 machine keeps her busy everyday , thank you again ,you  guys are the best

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal