New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with I dream of Jeannie IGT Slot machine  (Read 4078 times)

Offline MrBritish64

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MrBritish64 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with I dream of Jeannie IGT Slot machine
« on: October 13, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »
I have an I dream of Jeannie slot machine, and I have a topper for it. How do I wire it so it lights up and swings?
Also, how do I remove the top glass?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help with I dream of Jeannie IGT Slot machine
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
Hmmm let me give this a try...
For glass removal.
Open the main door (power off machine please).
Pull out printer about 5 inches without removing it.
Remove panel to the right of the printer by gripping at the bottom lip, lift out at bottom. When the bottom comes free, just lift up and the panel should come out. Remember how you did this!
Now for the glass. It's sitting in frame that you will now see, since you removed the panel. Just lift the glass up and out but make sure your fingers get UNDER the glass soon as it lifts out of that frame. Set it on something soft so the inside isn't scratched.

For the topper, I don't know what you mean by "swings." There should be holes in the machine for the topper but I've only installed one and it already had the holes and the wiring. When you get the glass out, have a look and see what connectors are there that match the one on your topper. Once you remove the existing candle light, the topper should fit right in.
I hope this all made sense.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:12:40 AM »
Jeannie swings automatically when you apply power to the topper.  It is an electromagnet that makes the swing.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:56:05 AM »
Jeannie swings automatically when you apply power to the topper.  It is an electromagnet that makes the swing.

Oh wow that would be fun to see and have! I couldn't tell at all... the picture was too blurry. I found a small photo online and see it clearer now.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline MrBritish64

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 05:22:11 PM »
The candle stick is fine, but what plug goes to the board underneath the topper? Where does it plug into, and do I need to buy a plug or anything?

Also, thanks for helping remove the top glass.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »
It's likely that plug goes to either the MPU board or the mother board.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here... In the meantime, I'll do some searching tomorrow and report back if no one else has the answer. That's a common plug so don't worry. I bet one of our members/vendors will have one.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:04:49 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:33:29 AM »
There's a 4 pin plug in the topbox distribution board, that supplies both 5 and 24 volt power.  I would think it is a straight through cable to power up the topper, but before you make a cable straight through, I would wait to see if somebody else has hooked that up and can provide definitive voltage information.  Those jeannie toppers are hard to come by, and I wouldn't want you to blow it by applying the wrong voltage.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline MrBritish64

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »
Thanks for the the information, do you happen to know where I can get that plug/cable?

Do you recommend bringing it into a gaming store, as I live in Las Vegas.

Offline kforeman

• Reputation Power: 4
  • kforeman New User has no influence.
  • Slot Techin since 2002
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the the information, do you happen to know where I can get that plug/cable?

Do you recommend bringing it into a gaming store, as I live in Las Vegas.

i wouldn't recommend taking your slot machine into a retail store...it's hella heavy to be transporting around town.  :yes:   just snap a few pics on the handy-dandy smart phone and go into a shop and ask/explain what you need.  you might even be able to get the employee to open a machine up so you can point at what you need.
are there any labels on or inside the IDOJ topper that indicates required voltage?  you could probably get away with connecting 5VDC to see what happens without risking burning the topper up...if the 5V doesn't get that Jeannie to shake her hips then consider taking the plunge (risk) to connect the 24VDC.  do you have an external stand alone DC power supply you can use to test the topper?  start at 5VDC and work your way up to 24VDC.  :propeller:

Offline MrBritish64

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »

i wouldn't recommend taking your slot machine into a retail store...it's hella heavy to be transporting around town.

The topper, not the machine.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »
Yes bring the topper in. That cable shouldn't cost much.
I'm not sure which shop to go to... someone here will know I hope. We also have a vendor page, the home page, that lists our supporting vendors who may have that cable.

Offline RobinAK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 07:01:42 AM »
Okay so I found a topper just like this. I am also trying to confirm how this is connected to the machine (S2000). I also think my topper is missing a component on the board. Looks like it is something for the electromagnetic swing function. Anyone know how this is connected and what is up with the board. Attaching photos

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 10:07:30 AM »
Robin

I don't see anything missing.  The white 'stuff' is normal. I believe it is residue from wave soldering, I see it all the time on things I repair that are years old. My 1st thought is water residue damage, but that is not correct.  Nothing to worry about, you can clean it off easy.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 07:45:03 PM »
Robin

I don't see anything missing.  The white 'stuff' is normal. I believe it is residue from wave soldering, I see it all the time on things I repair that are years old. My 1st thought is water residue damage, but that is not correct.  Nothing to worry about, you can clean it off easy.

It just looks like it was some sorta adhesive holing something to those three pins. Those pins are at the center so the swing passes over the top it. The bottom of the swing has a magnet. How is the board making it swing back and forth? I would think it needs a electromagnetic coil on the board. But I'm a noob haha. How about connecting it to the machine. Just use one of the plugs on the board in the top cabinet? I don't want to let the smoke out of this board lol.

Update.. I have figured out the some of the connections. I can get the lights to work. That is 12v. I figured out the two grounds. I assume the other is 24v. I have given it 12v so far. No swing. Slight arc can be seen when making connection to 12v. Not in a bad way. I thought maybe  the 12v and the mystery terminal both need power at the same time also. Thought maybe giving both 12 first then 24 on the mystery terminal.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 09:10:32 PM by RobinAK »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 08:29:49 PM »
I don't know anything about the toppers. Someone else will have to help with that.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 09:11:51 PM »
I don't know anything about the toppers. Someone else will have to help with that.

No problem Tony. I appreciate the help.

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 10:01:36 PM »
I decided to start a new post about this in the topper forum.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal