New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Enhanced s2000 can't clear errors  (Read 4764 times)

Offline MoolahDG

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • MoolahDG New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Enhanced s2000 can't clear errors
« on: October 29, 2016, 10:01:09 AM »
Hello all, it started with the display on winner paid and credits going blank. I replaced the CR2354 and I now get door open m and machine type mismatch errors. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,

Danny

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Enhanced s2000 can't clear errors
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:09:04 AM »
Key chip it if the machine type mismatch doesn't go away after closing the door.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
I should also mention the button deck doesn't work either. I do have key chip's 17 & 97....

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
97 is a Ram clear. Key 17 will probably work. I recommend IVC00224 & KEY000045 for enhanced boards. Your button panel will have to function. Need to figure that out first. Be sure the door I/O is good & properly seated.

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 10:47:30 AM »
I replaced the i/o card with one from a working machine and still same errors and no button deck access.

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »
Is it the board itself or should I try some other things before replacing it?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
Enhanced needs clear 224 and at least a key 31 recommend a key 45
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 11:31:15 AM »
OK thanks for that info qbert. RB, the mismatch error is gone and now I get coin-in jam error. This machine is set up for coinless.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:22 PM »
Is the jumper in place on the coin harness connector? 5-5-2 or 6-6-3? Enhanced I/O cards (black plastic housing) are not compatible with 5-5-2 harnesses even if you use an adapter to convert it to 6-6-3. The older metal housed I/O will work. You might have to clear it to get rid of that coin in jam error. Disable token payout & enable coinless mode with the key chip.

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 01:35:43 PM »
This s2000 has always been a 6-6-3 segment. There haven't been any modifications to it besides game theme changes. The machine was on and idle when the display and button deck went blank. I have other s2000''s but they have 500 series mpus. I took the board off the tray to inspect for any damage from the green battery and found none to the best of my knowledge. I also have replaced the 3V coin battery and they didn't help either. I will need the key and clear chips for this enhanced board. I don't know how much that will help because I cant access my button deck because it is dead. I appreciate any more direction from the experts here.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »
I could probably figure it out if it were in front of me. You changed games so look at what you changed first such as inspecting the MPU for damaged pins where it connects to the mother board. There's 2 fuses on an enhanced MB. The top one will render the functions useless if removed or blown but your VFD is working. The lower one will stop some of the cabinet functions including the reels. The buttons will not function until you have a successful boot. I can send you a 224 clear & key 45 on Monday if you need them. PM or call me if I can help. Sent my ph# via PM already.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »
You're turning the machine off every time you pull a board or plug, correct?

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »
Absolutely.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 03:22:33 PM »
Is your button deck a 5 or 10 button configuration? If it's a 10, you can swap the 2 door IO cards to see if anything changes. As RB suggested earlier though, check those fuses, check pins and plugs and if you have display next to the reels for multicoin line play you can unplug it to see if that helps. If you have a touch denom pad, try unplugging it from the VFD for a test.
Just a couple things to try...

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
Good Sunday afternoon all, this is a 5 button configuration. I did check all pins and the two fuses seem fine. I should also mention that part of the display works. The dollar amount, credit amount and "play 3 credits" are displayed. Everything else is out - including the denomination bulb which is single. No buttons illuminated or accessible again. The top 2 green lights on he mpu are solid when the machine is powered up. Machine mismatch error and closure error still exist.

Danny

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »
And when you go to menu 7 to make changes you can't use the button panel, correct?

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
That is correct. No button panel access...

Update: I have power to the the panel and denomination now after leaving machine on for 2 hours. I know, very odd. I got 7 segment mismatch error. I tried to clear using a key 97 and key 17 but it wouldn't work. RB is sending me a clear 224 and the other key chip so I will update when I get to try it. Thanks to all suggestions and comments by the members here.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 05:56:39 PM »
Restarting the machine should clear those errors, but it sounds like you may have a bad board, like your motherboard isn't retaining settings

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »
 :hissyfit: I was worried that might be it. I just replaced one machine with a 504 Rev B. I need the new key chips anyway, so I'll try it.  :nerd:

Offline MoolahDG

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 08:31:31 AM »
I received the 224 clear chip and 45 key chip for the enhanced board. I had to clear it twice but it worked! It's up and running now. Thanks to everyone that helped, especially Ron (RB)!!

Danny

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal