New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: R board clear chips  (Read 4713 times)

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
R board clear chips
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:24:39 AM »
im trying to clear my rg000041 board..i have used rbk 1 and 2 in the past for several machines...never had an issue of getting past the ram clear option...in this particular machine, i cannot get past the ram clear...it does not go into the other menus...i even made another chip to see if my other had messed up...i get the same issue with using both rbk1 and 2 chips

i need to get into the actual clear because the printer is not working...it shows that its configured, but it goes right to hand pay when i hit the payout...the printer is a known working printer so i dont think that is an issue and the machine works perfect other than the printer

the base sb101635 and boot rb000003 is there a different clear chip that i should be using?

thanks!!!

S

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:47:44 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: R board clear chips
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »
Probably a dumb question are you sure you don't have credits on the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline scratchee35

• scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
at this time, any questions or input is very helpful...yes...credits are empty....

the play max credit, spin button, change, cashout buttons light...but the only one that does anything is the spin button...shows "ram cleared" but then to try to get to the other menues, i have to push max credit and spin at the same time..but it only goes back to 1.1...i cant get any button to get me past that

i know the ram clear part works, it resets the sound settings back to regular sounds and maybe the date back to 97 but wont swear on that one

i am putting the rbk000001 in the "boot" socket..leaving the sb chip in place when i try to clear the settings

more suggestions please???

thanks!!!

S

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
I could be wrong, but doesn't an RG board require RBK3?

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »
i dont know...its possible that the other machines that i have had were not rg boards...i do not have a rbk3...all i have is the 1 and 2...

hopefully someone else will add info also...but, in the meantime, im gonna be searching for the rbk3 data...no clue who will have one yet

thanks!!!

S

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »
I've used RBK1 without issues on my RG boards
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 04:41:58 PM »
Have you tried removing the battery from the 1270 board for a short time and then tried the rbk clear?

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 05:09:22 PM »
no, i have not tried removing the battery and then trying the rbk1...which battery are you wanting me to remove? im assuming you mean the varta....on the other enhanced boards, ive removed the varta batteries...does enhanced have to have both batteries with this rg board?

thanks!!!

S

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 05:14:16 PM »
He's refering to the coin battery

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 05:15:28 PM »
Coin battery on the 1270 main board.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 05:35:30 PM »
what about the varta? should it be removed at any point with this rg board attatched?

thanks!!!

S

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »
removed the coin battery....same issue with rbk1...and rbk2....just doesnt make sense unless there really is a different chip??

thanks!!!

S

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »
i have never heard of an rbk3 all i have is an rbk1 and it works on every r and rg board i have tried. i would be interested in knowing the differences tho.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
The only time I have had a similar issue was the 1270MPU board was bad. If you have a spare you might want to try it. I doubt the RBK3 is going to do anything different.
The board I had would play a standard 3 reeler with no issues but it would not work with an R board.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 07:40:08 PM »
thanks for all the input... the machine plays perfect, except when i try to make ticket print...the vfd says "printer not available" and goes into hand pay. after key flick, the machine is ready to go again once you add money

ill try a different board...will let you know!!!

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 05:48:09 PM »
swapped main board from a different machine...removed both batteries and u16...did a complete clear on the non r board machine, no problems, it programmed perfectly...tried the clear again on the r board...still not able to do a complete eeprom clear...grrrrr...game runs perfect, except for the dang printer...i guess im just gonna  have to settle for it to do hand pay...no big deal, but still.....

ive used the rbk1 for many games without any problems, i also have rbk2, but have not used it yet..not even sure what its for..lol..not sure if maybe coz this one only uses 3 buttons...wouldnt think so but...i have 3 more machines just like this one...ill see what happens with them

anyways...thanks to everyone who had input into this...i really appreciate your help!!!

Steve

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
Steve,
I have had enhanced boards do strange things. I have one that will play R board games and regulator 3 reel S2000s with no problems. Put that same board in a Reel Touch machine and it will not work no matter what you do.
I have another that will play regular S2000s and Reel Touch with no issues and they even have progressives. Put that board in a R board game and it will not play, throws errors and locks up, go figure. Try a different enhanced board in your machine and it may work perfectly and clear normally.
Happy Thanksgiving and let us know what happens.
Rich

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 10:21:34 PM »
i swapped 2 other enhanced boards from other machines...didnt have any problems with using the 224 and 45...then i attatched my r board to those boards...still cant use the rbk1....im starting to think that there is an issue with the r board itself...its the only one i have for this game...otherwise i would switch that out but...

either way, im just gonna not use the printer...maybe ill eventually put in one of the bettor tito's in it and wont have to worry about it..atleast it will accept tickets from my other machines.

thanks for all the feedback and suggestions...ill have to wait till i get another machine with an r board to try the chip again

Steve

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »
Did you check for bent or missing pins on the R board connections? Last thing I can think of.
Rich

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 07:28:44 AM »
i did check for pin issues..only thing i could find on the r board was the black plastic that surrounds the plugs..that piece was loose and it would slide completely off if i pulled it..not sure if that is normal for this board or not..wouldnt think so, but i didnt check the others.

thanks for all the ideas and suggestions...still open to more!!

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal